The Politics of R/C Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Politics of R/C Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

I think there should be a anti-cherry picking rule. If you win a national title, or any major race in stock, then in ROAR races, you will be required to move to 19 turn.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default stock

can you turn that beer into a gun shoot me in the stock
Old 03-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
It is kinda sad. This leaves the average racer SOL when picking a class. They can't get the motors that Lopez gets
LOL let me fill you in on something when it is a had out motor race everybody is getting the same motor. matter of fact this year at the snowbirds I gave Smyka my 19t motor to dyno and it was one of the best he had seen. so many people come on these boards and complain that they can't get what the sponsored guys have. lol did you ever stop to think that these guys cars handle??????? and they are great drivers. I was talking to Smyka about the snowbirds layout and I told him where I was lifting. he laughed and told me where he was lifting. it was like in 3 corners. I followed his advice and went faster the next round. it's not all motors and batteries.

this is my take on sponsership. if you pay for it you not.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
I think there should be a anti-cherry picking rule. If you win a national title, or any major race in stock, then in ROAR races, you will be required to move to 19 turn.

so you are saying that Todd Malone (2004 stock snowbirds champ) should not be allowed to run stock anymore. this kid bought everything. layed down a good run to get into the main and got lucky and won.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:57 PM
The Evicerator

Tight racing like stock racing is always going to be tough like this oftentimes because people have lots of different "teams" to think about... motor/battery sponsors... car sponsors... esc sponsors...etc etc etc...

oftentimes you're put into a difficult situation where you have different team mates on all fronts ...and they're all vying for a win... and lets face it... everyone needs everyone else's help at some point in time...

and I'm not just talking off the track... I'm talking on the track... I'm talking giving courtesy to the guy in front of you who out qualified you on the first lap of the main and not running him over even if you can...

Lots of people have different mindsets... there's the "win at all costs" group.... there's the "don't want to win like that" group...

There is no right or wrong group... just one which will lead to more arguments and bad blood than the other...
Old 03-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default scuba

are you in politics, cause yer goood boy, c ya at tamiya
Old 03-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default win

all cost group pudge at the worlds offroad enough said
Old 03-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I do not know what the original post's intent was about, nor what happened at the nats to a full extent as I was not there to witness it. I can say that since Cleveland, I have been working harder than ever to keep up in stock. It is a crock to say that we have better things than anyone else can get. Motors may be slightly better than others, same with batteries, but if your car isnt handling correctly, or you hit a wall, it will not matter, period.
Driver makes up most of the game as it is. I dont care what anyone says, if their is no driver, the car wont be in the A or B at big events. If it is a race with handouts, their is no cherrypicking of thousands of motors, so that is taken out of the equation. There will always be a battery gripe, as soon as you smack a wall, that battery peak falls off anyways. The car and driver make up the game fella's
Old 03-23-2005, 08:13 PM
The Evicerator

hehe maybe if I get that car tomorrow Mr. Rim!

But to touch on the other subject of people being sponsored when they "shouldn't be"... that's a tough call... because a lot of the time a person's value on the team can't all be equated with their race wins or the number of mains that they've made... of course those things are probably the most important things in most people's eyes... but it's not all that counts.

Maybe so and so is an asset to the team in that they help come up with good setup ideas

Maybe they're just a great representative...knowledgable, friendly, charismatic...

I wasn't at the nats so I don't know the whole situation...

I guess I'm just trying to say is that everyone can't win all the time... there is usually more than one reason a person is sponsored
Old 03-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Amen stevo
Old 03-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Sobottka- that's not me dummy, that's Latif from Trinity. ROLMAO!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by robk
Why is this stuff happening at all, let alone in a STOCK main?

\

dominating stock sells lots of cars. i think alex's intention was to finish ahead of jeff dayger(corally) to give xray the one two finish.not to lower teammate off the podium.

That was my intention. As everyone knows, not to tute my own horn, but i'm one of the nicest and cleanest drivers out there. Never was it my intention to screw over my own teammates. Now if you'll excuse me, it's past my bedtime.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Pro4Capece-Obviously you have never been to any major races. Because if you had, as Stephen pointed out, you would know that the motors are handouts. So getting a motor like "Alex" had isn't really all that hard.

Oh and by the way, your ignorant comment about everyone making some mains.... read back a few posts..you'll rethink that comment.

Smyka-You HACK!!!!!! LMAO!!!!! I have to say mark, you took a beating!!! LOL!!! Again..congrats on an awesome weekend!! (TQ)

Peace
Old 03-24-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Is it at all possible that a handout motor can be tuned by professional motor tuners? Please don't tell me that the guy in the F main has an equally fast motor as the guy in the A main.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by dmatter
I would Drag Him Around the Track 3 Times With That Nice Little Helmet He wears then Put A Red Wing In His A$$!!!!!
You're funny...you got jokes...but you dont know me, and if you did know me, you would know that it's not me in my avatar dumba$$. So keep your negative comments to yourself and go back into the dungeon where you belong with the other hobbits.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Alex, you planning on coming out for Reedy again this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.