Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2899Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Howler
That car NEEDS to be run at LeMans!
Will never happen and even IF it did the ACO would never let it run to anywhere near potential... and even if it did run it would need to be seriously de-tuned to survive 24 hours
Old 11-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
Will never happen and even IF it did the ACO would never let it run to anywhere near potential... and even if it did run it would need to be seriously de-tuned to survive 24 hours
Any car can run in le-mans as long as it respects the FIA safety regulations. If it cannot be placed in any racing category it will be able to race in the invitational positions witch don't count for classification porposes.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mschumi101
I think thats the aim of it, they designed it for Gran Turismo 5 and I believe made a wooden model of it for display purposes.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/gt5/d5317.html
Thanks for the background. Interesting approach. So, in fact, the RULES in this case, are holding back advancement. Of course they would have to, to keep a level (somewhat) playing field. But, this an amazing concept car.

There's many images of it if you google it.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Howler
That car NEEDS to be run at LeMans!
Well first of all they have to try and build a working version instead of a wooden and fibreglass model of it. The advantage of designing it for a video game is that you don't have to physically fit all the mechanical parts into it.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
My son just showed me the Red Bull X2011 car. How cool is this beast! He says its just a prototype...

"Hello Tamiya, ya, I was wondering if you guys might be making..."
If you think that is amazing, check out the Chevron Cyberformulas, the Asurada and Ogre
Old 11-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry.sc
Well first of all they have to try and build a working version instead of a wooden and fibreglass model of it. The advantage of designing it for a video game is that you don't have to physically fit all the mechanical parts into it.
In addition you would have to insure a driver could actually physically withstand the G-forces the car can create! The speeds it can travel in the game are ridiculous and would probably black out the driver.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CondeAfonso
Any car can run in le-mans as long as it respects the FIA safety regulations. If it cannot be placed in any racing category it will be able to race in the invitational positions witch don't count for classification porposes.

Ummm I think you'll find you are incorrect in assuming any car can run at Le Mans as the rules are set by the ACO, and currently there is only provision for LMP1, LMP2, GTE and the 56th entry. So to race at Le Mans it needs to comply to either one of the LMP categories (obviously doesn't) or be classified a GT car (not a chance in hell). The 56th grid spot is by invitation only.

It also fails one major requirement of any car that races at Le Mans and that is it doesn't have (technical) provision for 2 seats, so even being the most optimistic it would only ever be suitable for the 56th grid spot that the ACO has set aside for unclassified cars displaying innovative or green technology. Even then its doubtful it would be able to justify an entry as as there is nothing new or green about it's design, as its more a combination of proven motorsport technologies (some long banned) merged into one prototype vehicle.

And to add another IF to the mix - Even if it managed to get around all those hurdles it would be at least 2 years before it could gain an entry at Le Mans as the Green LMP hydrogen fuel cell car has the 56th entry for 2013 and I've read that Drayson will be bringing his fully electric car to the LM test day to lobby for the 2014 entry.

Anyway... enough about it... supposed to be about F1's
Old 11-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My F109 with new body, currently sitting in 2nd in F1 points in my club.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag0263.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag0264.jpg  
Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Another one for the shelf: Tech Racing TF108 Silver Limited Edition. I'll never drive it, but it sure is pretty to look at. Plus there probably aren't many in the U.S.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Wagnerov

very cool - really dig the silver edition. I need to post my finished Marussia F1
Old 11-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone use the TRG wings made for the f103??
If so, how do you have the front body post mounted??
I bought a set of the standard (non-advance) TRG wings and am confused as where to mount the front body post and ream the hole.
Pictures if you have them would be helpful.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

My Tamiya Wolf WR1 seems to be getting better, but I think I need to change the gearing. It's a standard silver can then a 14T pinion and a 63T spur. That's stock and per the manual.

The back tires on the Wolf are big and I think that may be causing it to be sluggish. They are much bigger than those weenie tires the other F1 guys are using (kidding!). They are 65mm tall/diameter. How does that compare to what the rest of you are using?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My Tamiya Wolf WR1 seems to be getting better, but I think I need to change the gearing. It's a standard silver can then a 14T pinion and a 63T spur. That's stock and per the manual.

The back tires on the Wolf are big and I think that may be causing it to be sluggish. They are much bigger than those weenie tires the other F1 guys are using (kidding!). They are 65mm tall/diameter. How does that compare to what the rest of you are using?
Us weenies with F104s run Shimizus with 62mm diameter for the rear.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by silencery
Us weenies with F104s run Shimizus with 62mm diameter for the rear.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if 62mm is typical? Our track rules require Tamiya brand tires. Of the four F1's we have running all are the newer Vodaphone type. Mine is the throwback to the days of big rear tires and smaller fronts.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info. Do you know if 62mm is typical? Our track rules require Tamiya brand tires. Of the four F1's we have running all are the newer Vodaphone type. Mine is the throwback to the days of big rear tires and smaller fronts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.