Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

Any news on the RSD6 ? (& other parts)
Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my Reedy setup for mod.
I got the chance to run a few packs through it at NorCal last Thursday evening.
While all the big name drivers (Volker, Evans, Rheinhard etc.)were struggling to get grip, slipping and sliding everywhere. It was like a drifting competition, I put my RDS6 on the track and had superior grip right off the bat. The car had a little push so I made a couple of small adjustments and immediately dropped a second off of my lap times. I'm very optimistic about my chances this year as I am much better prepared than ever before and I feel I have a superior chassis than most other TC6 drivers.
Cristian, could you possibly provide some setup suggestions using the stock camber link mounts? I have yet to order a set of the Reflex mounts from you and I noticed that you are using them in your setup.

Thanks for your hard work, I hope this years Reedy will prove to be a success for Reflex.
For those of you who are going to RROC, Let's be sure to touch base and compare notes. It would be great to show team associated how much better the TC6 can be.

Rick Yoder
Attached Thumbnails Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)-imag0305-comp.jpg   Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)-imag0306-comp.jpg   Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)-imag0309-comp.jpg  

Last edited by YoDog; 05-23-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Wink

I finally made it out to our local track to run my Rsd chassis. Here is what I found.

I will post up my set up asap. 17.5 Blinky (solaris hard spec tires)

My first qual I ran the car with my old set up just with the new chassis. The car was good but you could tell there needed more adjustments to get it perfect.

In the 2nd qual I changed to short front links (3), silver springs all the away around, rsd pistons, 40wt front, 35wt rear, cut top deck (front and rear), went from 5mm rear droop to 3mm. I was on 3 race weekend old tires. I turn dual rate to 64%. I usually run 80%. It was money. I Tq'ed by over a lap.

The car was very different to drive with the new chassis and all the adjustments I made to it. It allowed me to drive it more like my 1/8th open car. Smooth in and aggressive out. It allowed me to take a tight line in with out to much steering input and use the throttle and steering together very early on in the apex of the corner to really accelerate fast out of the corner. As one of the other racers said "wow that car rips out if the turns". It was no lie. It was a blast to drive.

I struggled in the main though. Steering servo mount came loose and the car would not go strait. It was a hand full but still managed a second place finish out of 13 car field.

Thanks CT for all the work you put into this project. I am so pleased with my car.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

This is my preferred servo saver. It's from Team Magic and is a great fit for the TC6. It's a bit longer than stock horn and is very precise. Been using them in my E4 for years and never had one fail.
Attached Thumbnails Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)-tm-servo-saver.jpg  
Old 05-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YoDog
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my Reedy setup for mod.
I got the chance to run a few packs through it at NorCal last Thursday evening.
While all the big name drivers (Volker, Evans, Rheinhard etc.)were struggling to get grip, slipping and sliding everywhere. It was like a drifting competition, I put my RDS6 on the track and had superior grip right off the bat. The car had a little push so I made a couple of small adjustments and immediately dropped a second off of my lap times. I'm very optimistic about my chances this year as I am much better prepared than ever before and I feel I have a superior chassis than most other TC6 drivers.
Cristian, could you possibly provide some setup suggestions using the stock camber link mounts? I have yet to order a set of the Reflex mounts from you and I noticed that you are using them in your setup.

Thanks for your hard work, I hope this years Reedy will prove to be a success for Reflex.
For those of you who are going to RROC, Let's be sure to touch base and compare notes. It would be great to show team associated how much better the TC6 can be.

Rick Yoder
You have enough space to fit the cooling fan in front of the motor!

PS: let us know about your set-up changes and more details regarding car handling.

Thanks!

Last edited by Geberit; 05-23-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

Them pics have certainly whetted my appetite! Looking forward to receiving my chassis!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Cristian,

what do you use up front Spool or diff with putty for the mod?

Many racers including team drivers prefared the diff/putty with the TC6/TC6.1 in most occasions.

If you look at the set up's of other brand team drivers they mostly use the spool. Did the AE drivers used the putty diff to gain more steering or something else?

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow guys! Great news!!!! I am excited to hear such good early reports.

Dennis, parts are otw from factory. They should arrive soon.

Joe, try using a couple of pieces of servo tape on the servo. It helps secure the servo a bit more and keeps the servo koung from getting loose.

Rick, #3 camber links all around is what I would run with no vertical stud mounts.

Geberit, I typically don't like running a gear diff. I feel it lacks on power traction and it slows the car a bit on smaller tracks. I have not tried it on a big track though, although I will soon and report back.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Geberit, I typically don't like running a gear diff. I feel it lacks on power traction and it slows the car a bit on smaller tracks.
That's what I fealt too. I'm always loosing out of corners when using front gear diff with putty. So I changed back to spool. The feeling with diff is smoother but the lap times almost on all tracks I was driving were slower.

So I wondered how comes Levanen is always using front gear diff with putty?

I suppose it's the driving stile
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

<Rick, #3 camber links all around is what I would run with no vertical stud mounts.>

Thanks CT...
Ive been running shorter links in #3 for the rear since last year but it makes sense to do the same in the front. The added camber gain should improve my under steer. Not that it's all that bad now with the new chassis.
Too bad you won't be here for RROC. It would be great to talk with you in real time with our cars in front of you.
Controlled practice makes it difficult to experiment with setup changes.

Last edited by YoDog; 05-23-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Meanwhile I'm waiting for the chassis to arrive I made a new top plate. I followed the suggestion of Cristian and also narrowed it in the middle a bit. The middle part is to wide anyway so I don't have the feeling it flexes more instead it should give me a little more room on the chassis since it's sow super narrow.
Attached Thumbnails Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)-dscn0001.jpg  
Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Geberit
You have enough space to fit the cooling fan in front of the motor!

PS: let us know about your set-up changes and more details regarding car handling.

Thanks!
I will update each day as the Reedy progresses.
Tomorrow will be the first day of practice and the weather looks to be great!
I really like the layout this year! No dragons back! I hated that section...
Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks.
It would be nicer if u could post your updates with some photos.
Look forward to reading your posts..

Btw... Good luck in your race.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geberit
Meanwhile I'm waiting for the chassis to arrive I made a new top plate. I followed the suggestion of Cristian and also narrowed it in the middle a bit. The middle part is to wide anyway so I don't have the feeling it flexes more instead it should give me a little more room on the chassis since it's sow super narrow.
That looks beautiful! I just might have to copy that

Rick, I wish I could make the RROC, but being on my step son's birthday weekend, it's tough. We usually have family coming in from out of town.

Please note that the chassis' flex will increase after the first day or two as the carbon breaks in. Once it's fully broken in, it will get even better
Old 05-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
That looks beautiful! I just might have to copy that

Rick, I wish I could make the RROC, but being on my step son's birthday weekend, it's tough. We usually have family coming in from out of town.

Please note that the chassis' flex will increase after the first day or two as the carbon breaks in. Once it's fully broken in, it will get even better
If you copy it don't do it like me with a drilling tool oh boy that's a mess. Next time I just want to order it from my comfortable office chair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.