Ask Aaron Waldron

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Aaron!! Here's a tough one for ya...or maybe not???

It's about my charger Ripmax Pro-Peak Sigma

The other day at the track it seemed like it wasn't charging ok, so a friend decided he would recalibrate it forme. He turned it on while pressing the two buttons on thesides and entered the calibration menu. We skipped through it without changing anything since it seemed ok. When we reached the end, the screen said "calibration completed" for a sec, but changed to "calibration data failed" and started beeping like crazy.

We unplugged it and plugged it in: still beeping and it wouldn't let us exit that menu, justo go round and round. We tried it with his charger (it's a different brand, but thay are all the same inside), and it went in and out of the menu ok. Mine seems to be stuck somehow....

How do I exit the calibration menu?? Can I reset the charger to factory parameters somehow??
Old 01-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS
Hi Aaron!! Here's a tough one for ya...or maybe not???

It's about my charger Ripmax Pro-Peak Sigma

The other day at the track it seemed like it wasn't charging ok, so a friend decided he would recalibrate it forme. He turned it on while pressing the two buttons on thesides and entered the calibration menu. We skipped through it without changing anything since it seemed ok. When we reached the end, the screen said "calibration completed" for a sec, but changed to "calibration data failed" and started beeping like crazy.

We unplugged it and plugged it in: still beeping and it wouldn't let us exit that menu, justo go round and round. We tried it with his charger (it's a different brand, but thay are all the same inside), and it went in and out of the menu ok. Mine seems to be stuck somehow....

How do I exit the calibration menu?? Can I reset the charger to factory parameters somehow??
have you tried calling ripmax to see what they say?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
have you tried calling ripmax to see what they say?
It has passed my mind, yes. heh heh. The thing is I'm so busy during "office hours time", I just thought I'd check here first if any body knew a fix...it's just easier for me to check the web once in a while, than to get on the phone....

It's strange there's no email address on the carger's instructions or on Ripmax's web page....??
Old 01-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Dr. Zairus - Sorry dude, I've never played with one of those chargers. Like fatdaddy suggested, your best bet is to get in contact with the company and see what they say. That sounds like a software issue and something that they will either need to fix or replace.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Dr. Zairus - Sorry dude, I've never played with one of those chargers. Like fatdaddy suggested, your best bet is to get in contact with the company and see what they say. That sounds like a software issue and something that they will either need to fix or replace.
Yep, that's my main bet, I just haven't had the time and quiet to "get on the horn" with them. Maybe next week sometime...hmmmm!!! I'll keep you updated on what the result is...

Thanks anyway and greetings from the original Valencia, Spain!!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Haha! Best of luck and greetings from Valencia, CA!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Rd Logic Pipe

Aaron have you heard of or tested an RD Logic Pipe? I have a couple of them but I'm not sure what they are good for. I think that they are distributed by horizon hobbies.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...=Product-Feeds
Old 01-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

man, do think we our going to race at Hot Rod's this tuesday?? Shows rain coming on monday and tuesday.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

Branson - RD Logics has been making pipes for all sorts of cars for a while; I think their stuff was popular in on-road circles for a time. I haven't run any of them though, nor have I heard of anyone running one.

Kent - Dude, you're telling me. This weather is awful! I even wrote a blog about it on www.rc-car.com

You know we're spoiled when going a week without a club race causes everyone to go crazy. The cool part about it, though, is that our first race back after the rain is likely going to be huge.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

It has been quite a (very long) while since this thread was up front. Time to push it to the top!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (92%+)

GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you for your concern. Next!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I saw youre in Valencia. I was just in Valencia for a couple of weeks but didnt bring my rc gear. What tracks you hit around there for 1/8 buggy?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

rallyebmx - We race nitro and electric 1/8-scale at Hot Rod virtually every week; it's a bit small, but Tuesday night club races attract 2-4 full heats of nitro racers.

Otherwise, our two favorite test spots are Elings Raceway in Santa Barbara and Revelation Raceway in Ontario, CA.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hey Waldo, when's your coverage of the AMS gonna be out in print?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.