Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhatPat
Yes
Good luck at the race Pat!!! Unfortunately I won't be able to go this time
Old 09-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
You can say it's the number of racers, but that does not automatically qualify them into the top spots. they still have to out drive the other guys.
I agree, that they still have to outdrive the other guys, but I also do believe that if you put 10 NT1, 10 Sepent, 10 Mugens, 10 G4's.... etc.

The result would be different.

Why is that they dont do this?

Why not make a race titled "World's Best 1/10 Nitro Sedan Challenge" ???

for example, all brands like Xray, Mugen, Serpent....etc..each should have 10 entries...lets see what happens...

Now do you really think it will give the same results if you put in 24 NT1, 23 MTX4R, 5 Kyosho, 1 G4RS ....Etc..I dont think so..!

So this should happen!!!!!!! And we will see which car dominates the race!!!!

Somebody got to let this happen.....!

Agree?????????
Old 09-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noelcleofe17
I agree, that they still have to outdrive the other guys, but I also do believe that if you put 10 NT1, 10 Sepent, 10 Mugens, 10 G4's.... etc.

The result would be different.

Why is that they dont do this?

Why not make a race titled "World's Best 1/10 Nitro Sedan Challenge" ???

for example, all brands like Xray, Mugen, Serpent....etc..each should have 10 entries...lets see what happens...

Now do you really think it will give the same results if you put in 24 NT1, 23 MTX4R, 5 Kyosho, 1 G4RS ....Etc..I dont think so..!

So this should happen!!!!!!! And we will see which car dominates the race!!!!

Somebody got to let this happen.....!

Agree?????????
The problem would be that no two drivers are the same. Atsushi Hara won the Nationals a couple of years ago with a HPI R40 over guys running Serpents, Mugens, Kyoshos, Team Magics, etc. Is the R40 a better car, no!! However, it was driven by one of the best r/c drivers in the world. If you give him a Xray, Mugen, Serpent, Team Magic, etc, and he is on his game and found the perfect setup for the car, he would probably win. You can say the same for Ralph Burch, Paul Lemieux (not sure I spelled his last name right), or any other driver on a world class level. R/C racers are bandwagon fans and go with whatever won the last biggest race. The NT1 is a fantastic car and worth the money, but if the Serpent 733 wins the Worlds and a few other big races in between, you will see many buyers shift to that car and sell off their NT1s not because the NT1 is bad, but because the "latest, greatest" is now the 733.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JLock
The problem would be that no two drivers are the same. Atsushi Hara won the Nationals a couple of years ago with a HPI R40 over guys running Serpents, Mugens, Kyoshos, Team Magics, etc. Is the R40 a better car, no!! However, it was driven by one of the best r/c drivers in the world. If you give him a Xray, Mugen, Serpent, Team Magic, etc, and he is on his game and found the perfect setup for the car, he would probably win. You can say the same for Ralph Burch, Paul Lemieux (not sure I spelled his last name right), or any other driver on a world class level. R/C racers are bandwagon fans and go with whatever won the last biggest race. The NT1 is a fantastic car and worth the money, but if the Serpent 733 wins the Worlds and a few other big races in between, you will see many buyers shift to that car and sell off their NT1s not because the NT1 is bad, but because the "latest, greatest" is now the 733.
Did you just understand what Im trying to say here?

I know that there is a better driver!

But do you think Atsushi Hara will still win if there are 30 in front of him?
Look at this;

Top 18 qualifiers
1. Dario Balestri - Team Magic/NR - 26 laps in 07:09.413 (Q3)
2. Jerome Renaux - Xray/Novarossi - 26 laps in 07:11.161 (Q3)
3. Francesco Tironi - Mugen/Sirio - 26 laps in 07:11.328 (Q3)
4. Biagio Spataro - Xray/JP - 26 laps in 07:11.502 (Q3)
——————
5. Michael Salven - Serpent/Mega - 26 laps in 07:11.594 (Q3)
6. Dirk Wischnewski - Xray/Novarossi - 26 laps in 07:12.733 (Q3)
7. Giuseppe D’angelo - Mugen/Reds - 26 laps in 07:12.978 (Q2)
8. Giorgio De Felici - Xray/Max - 26 laps in 07:13.326 (Q3)
9. Teemu Leino - Xray/Team Orion - 26 laps in 07:13.728 (Q3)
10.Manuel Huber - Xray/Max - 26 laps in 07:14.013 (Q4)
11.Martin Hudy - Xray/Max - 26 laps in 07:14.369 (Q4)
12.Kyle Branson - Serpent/Sirio - 26 laps in 07:14.866 (Q3)
13.Jilles Groskamp - Serpent/Max - 26 laps in 07:15.254 (Q4)
14.Niki Duina - Xray/Max - 26 laps in 07:15.490 (Q1)
15.Mark Green - Serpent/Novarossi - 26 laps in 07:15.609 (Q3)
16.Robert Pietsch - Mugen/Novarossi - 26 laps in 07:15.940 (Q4)
17.Gerhard Kandelhardt - Xray/NR - 25 laps in 07:00.733 (Q3)
18.Guido Barbera - Xray/Max - 25 laps in 07:01.069 (Q3)

You see, Dario gets 1st place in this section, but in the finals. He didnt get the first place, because they said Dario got some technical problems!!!!

And unfortunately, there is only one G4RS on the list!!!!!!
and 55% of it was Xray 10/18..Some xray drivers got some technical problems too, but there is 24 NT1's in the entry and 10 right here!

What if there is only 1 entry of NT1, and he got technical problems????
Surely Xray is out of the list!!! You got my point?

The point here is "Equal Chances of Winning". Thats the only thing I want to imply............

Thats why until there is not a equal entry race for all the brands you couldnt tell which one dominates it!

All I can say about Xray is that they are so good in marketing. The looks, the details, they are on top..And thats why in the track 50%-60% drives xray, sometimes 90%.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
I'm seeing that before the 733 won anything

Truth be told, I had no clue it won on a world class level, I just saw the flash presentation on the xray site and was sold.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

I agree! Xray marketing and support is just fantastic! I send them an email about the EC edition being available in the US and I got 2 emails within minutes! Their website is awesome they even have publications from magazine reviews posted. Xray is always striving for perfection and go the extra step! Just look at their manuals and set up books are the best.

But I would like to see a race like that! That would be so interesting 10 drivers of each brand
Old 09-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

the kid is at it again...

do not think too hard... like i said, just LISTEN to the more seasoned drivers' comments.... as for your suggestion, pls note that we do not live in an ideal world...

I quote again from the many others who have given the same advice to me before.... All cars are about the same... the differences are minute and many drivers' car choices are really based on personal preference, parts support and practical aspects... any car can win if the driver is good....

i personally race the nt1 as i find the car sturdy, parts are actually quite cheap for it in my part of the world, car is consistent and predictable when pushed hard and finally, there are lots of faster drivers at my track running the car to download info from....

i currently also own a serpent and g4rs and i feel the cars are just as fast.... i just do not race the serpent cuz the parts are more expensive to replace... as for the g4rs, i thought the parts are not as sturdy even tho they are cheap... i am just too lazy to be wrenching all the time...

if one car is really superior, you will see only one brand in the market since market forces and the rationality of humans will drive the less competitive brands out of the market... think abt it logically...
Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

There are so many variables: engine, pipe, sevos, set up, driver etc etc.

I think the only real way to see which kit is better that the other. Would be to have something like one of those shootouts some magazines do every year to compare sportbikes, pickup trucks sedans etc.

In this case same track, engines, pipes, electronics, body etc. Even drivers. Lets say 6 top level driver gets to drive each car. Collect data and go from there... But you know even like that it would be very hard to keep it the same... and I don't think anybody would be interested in conducting an event likes this... But who knows?

What do you all think?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
I agree! Xray marketing and support is just fantastic! I send them an email about the EC edition being available in the US and I got 2 emails within minutes! Their website is awesome they even have publications from magazine reviews posted. Xray is always striving for perfection and go the extra step! Just look at their manuals and set up books are the best.

But I would like to see a race like that! That would be so interesting 10 drivers of each brand
+ 1 on the excellent support...

i like how they freely share info from the team drivers on their website... makes it easier for us commoners to get fresh setup ideas....

and another thing to commend abt XRAY is the quality of their parts.... unless i crash hard, i never really need to change parts... unlike some other brands i used in the past where the parts wear fast and the car actually becomes loose and more unpredictable in a short time.... my nt1 is consistent and dependable....
Old 09-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
There are so many variables: engine, pipe, sevos, set up, driver etc etc.

I think the only real way to see which kit is better that the other. Would be to have something like one of those shootouts some magazines do every year to compare sportbikes, pickup trucks sedans etc.

In this case same track, engines, pipes, electronics, body etc. Even drivers. Lets say 6 top level driver gets to drive each car. Collect data and go from there... But you know even like that it would be very hard to keep it the same... and I don't think anybody would be interested in conducting an event likes this... But who knows?

What do you all think?

Yeah I agree!!!!
Katze seems like you dont want to grow anymore and you just take what others say. Your like a baby that just sucks the milk.

Is it impossible to happen what I and Gonzzo have said?
Maybe when it happens, about that race with 10 cars each brand. Then the car that wins in that competition would be the most car that you will see on the track next day!!!!

Its like the car that wins the championship today, will be sold out tommorow.
but this time, it is legitimate because all of the entries got equal chances, equal car entries.

Dont you believe in probability? If you have 9 NT1 and 1 733, and you will draw 1, what do you think you will most likely get?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

They got 1000's of set ups

You can even find one for your local track on their forums!!! I mean who else does that?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah I agree!!!!
Katze seems like you dont want to grow anymore and you just take what others say. Your like a baby that just sucks the milk.

Is it impossible to happen what I and Gonzzo have said?
Maybe when it happens, about that race with 10 cars each brand. Then the car that wins in that competition would be the most car that you will see on the track next day!!!!

Its like the car that wins the championship today, will be sold out tommorow.
but this time, it is legitimate because all of the entries got equal chances, equal car entries.

Dont you believe in probability? If you have 9 NT1 and 1 733, and you will draw 1, what do you think you will most likely get?
And what could be the reason why there are there so many nt1's?.

Because people like the car and think it's the best package!!.
If it was only marketing and a good presentation, with one or two top drivers winning some big race you would see a quick rise in the amount of nt1's. But if the car is lacking on other fronts like parts availability, durability and performance for the average driver, the average driver will move away from the product after some time.
This is not the case with the nt1, after three years the amount of nt1's entered in competition is still rising.

It's the best car out there at the moment, period.
I hope it will get some competition in the form of the Velox V10, because now the races are simply boring with every podium filled with Xray cars.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
And what could be the reason why there are there so many nt1's?.

Because people like the car and think it's the best package!!.
If it was only marketing and a good presentation, with one or two top drivers winning some big race you would see a quick rise in the amount of nt1's. But if the car is lacking on other fronts like parts availability, durability and performance for the average driver, the average driver will move away from the product after some time.
This is not the case with the nt1, after three years the amount of nt1's entered in competition is still rising.

It's the best car out there at the moment, period.
lol...I have already said why a lot use NT1, because they got the best support, advertisement, marketing, detailing!!!

I worked as a detailer before, you see, when Xray releases its NT1, It lists all the details, the materials used and how it is made.

And all sweet words, thats attract the eye..Even I am impressed of how they advertise it. Take a look at Xrays website, compare it to Kyosho, Mugen, Serpent. Etc.

For example, look at Mugens site, and take a look at MTX4R..
In the description, they just said, like carbon fiber parts..blah blah..and thats it..

Unlike Xray, look at the site, it is all well detailed! That is impressive..
You see now why a lot use Xray?

And you see why all other products need advertisement?

I will agree with you if the race mentioned above happens and NT1 wins.
Imagine in EFRA 2009 if there are also like 10 G4RS drivers out there, like Dario. lol..

Also Im not talking about what most likes. I am talking about a race with each brand, and has equal entries..that should be exciting!

Last edited by noelcleofe17; 09-25-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

ok... no more comments from me kid... i feel like i am talking to a wall... a real thick and dense one....
Old 09-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by katze
ok... no more comments from me kid... i feel like i am talking to a wall... a real thick and dense one....
Look bro, its not that I am disregarding your inputs, in fact you have a point too..but you should also listen to noob people like me, it doesnt mean that if your a pro here your always right..

some people here agrees to what I have said, and in fact they were excited too if that happens..

wont you like to see a race competition which has equal numbers of entries from each brand?

I will love to see that happen, and as some say the race is getting boring because most of drivers has xray..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.