Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

last question for today at least.
Is it cool to put these cells in the Zero30 tray form integy? I usally put my packs in the 030 after they cool from a run then pu tthem on the tray till all lights are out then right to the battery box (trinity battery case to be exact). Is this practice going to hurt the cells by discharging them @ 30amps per cell?
I know not to put them in the tray with a full charge but I don;t want to cause any serious damage to the cells prematurly.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 02-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

About traying overnight,
Here is what Promatch says....I did laugh because of my own retardedness....
Thanks,
Stephen <><

For maximum voltage: Store the packs until the day before you are going to use them again. Place them into an discharge/equalization tray and leave them in the tray overnight and then right before you charge them up remove them from the tray and start charging.

To maintain more run time: The day of your race, place the packs into a discharge/equalization tray and leave them in the tray just until the lights go out. Then remove them from the tray and start charging.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
About traying overnight,
Here is what Promatch says....I did laugh because of my own retardedness....
Thanks,
Stephen <><

For maximum voltage: Store the packs until the day before you are going to use them again. Place them into an discharge/equalization tray and leave them in the tray overnight and then right before you charge them up remove them from the tray and start charging.

To maintain more run time: The day of your race, place the packs into a discharge/equalization tray and leave them in the tray just until the lights go out. Then remove them from the tray and start charging.
this is consistent with dead shorting. Deadshorting will increase voltage at a risk of loosing runtime.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by theisgroup
this is consistent with dead shorting. Deadshorting will increase voltage at a risk of loosing runtime.
Now from what I have learned that practice doesn;t dead short them it only takes each cell down to 0.000000000001 and holds it there until you take it off the tray then the votage increases the moment you remove them. to Deadshort you actually connect the possitive to negative. Hence shorting them. They trays never short the cells they just bring the voltage down in each cell.
So by my limited knowledge I am not Deadshorting by traying the packs overnight.
Just what I have learned so far.
If I am wrong please explain.....
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 02-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys and girl... I have the carpet nationals coming up and I'm bringing all fresh packs with me. What is your opinion on the number of times the cells should be run prior to running them at the nats for optimum performance? Appreciate the info. PMR rocks!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Treydog: I like to have at least 3 race weekends on mine, but again thats my opinion. and We know about opinions.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

I was also told by a little birdie,LOL, that there is a new tray being thought over so maybe sometime soon we may see another tray....a new version.....

I have been called many things in my life but I think this is the first time I have ever been called a little birdie, lol and yes Jeff is in the process of doing a new tray.......so be on the look out!!!

MrShookie-When did you order your packs? Just curious to put names with people on here. I am glad you decided to give us a try. Please let me know when you get them and how they work for you.

Treydog- we definately recommend putting a few runs on them before using them for a "big" race

theisgroup- the benefits of using the tray to bring your cells down vs deadshorting is using the tray gives you the same benefits without the risk of harming yourself or your packs and doesn't significantly reduce the life span of your packs
Old 02-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Erika, thanks for the call !
Old 02-11-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Tim, Good Luck down at the Birds! Wish I could have made it down.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

Tim, Good Luck down at the Birds! Wish I could have made it down.

PMRGirl: Tweet Tweet,
Old 02-11-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've received my batteries (1.17+) and tested them: They are great, very punchy, low IR.
Thanks a lot promatch.

When do you expect to sell GP 3700? What will be the price for the best batteries?

Hugo
Old 02-11-2005, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PMRGirl

MrShookie-When did you order your packs? Just curious to put names with people on here. I am glad you decided to give us a try. Please let me know when you get them and how they work for you.
I ordered I believe monday Last name Shook (hence Mr. Shookie)
Out of Lancaster, CA
I recieved my cells Wedsday. I built them with Acer Braid and Shoe Goo. I let them rest over night and charged them up @6amps and for the very first charge the 1.184-1.185 pack charged right up to 3690mah and 9.6volts. I ran the pack for nearly seven minutes and removed them and put them in the Integy zero thirty.. That little discharger is a GOD sent... oh the pack still had about one minute on the 030 so I assume the pack had plenty left when I pulled it I just don;t like to put too much load on my Motors. I will give the other two packs a run tommorrow in the rain stops....I have told my LHS to get your packs but she saids it is too much to add another distibutor....bla bla bla...I hope she one days sees the light....unless you are distributed through Horizon or Great Planes, she won;t order them....I guess she doesn't want my money then. Oh well I try to buy local and support my local Hobby Shop but I can help them if they won't help them selves.

END RANT.
So far I love the cells they proformed right out of the box....VERY HAPPY
I will have to run each pack three times to get them ready for next weeks race...
Thanks for a great product and a great price....
Stephen <><
Old 02-11-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
1.184-1.185 pack charged right up to 3690mah and 9.6volts.

Thanks for a great product and a great price....
Stephen <><
wow! i can ONLY BEGIN to imagine how much rip you have with those packs. i only have 1.179s... and those packs are awesome!

PMRGirl... are they back from snowbirds yet? im dying to see whats "leftover"
Old 02-11-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

MRShookie- Glad you are happy

Hebiki- Call me today 928-855-2226 I am leaving early so call before noon.

Hugo- Glad you received them okay. Let us know how they perform for you.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hebiki
wow! i can ONLY BEGIN to imagine how much rip you have with those packs. i only have 1.179s... and those packs are awesome!

Rip indeed I look forward to running them next week end to see how much better my lap times are with them. I have been using some 1.174 from Orion and they work great but I need a little more ooooooommmmmmmmppppppphhhhhhhh if you know what I mean. Everyone who is runnign stock class has 1.185 and beyond so I needed to get a couple realy nice packs. I will post my results when I finish racing next weekend.
Take Care & GOD Bless
Stephen <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.