http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IOp4qhkwqCs
Old 06-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Neat layout with all the gaps.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know Maifield once said it gives you more control. Once you throw the car in the air, you need to correct, so with fine adjustments the car is already ready to move like you want, but if its not, the car isn't going to adjust as predictably. Theoretically you wouldn't need to do this at all if you always jumps perfectly, but no one does. You can also jump lower if you get on the gas/brake at the right time so you spend less time in the air. Its all works if you can always get it right like pro's, but I don't know many that think nothing of blowing off a couple sets of tires for practice...
Old 06-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

great whip vid..!
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Old 06-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Wasn't expecting that! I thought he was gonna do a super crazy whip and bring it back not jump the track
Old 06-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I do it occasionally,most of us sponsored drivers get accused of showing off when it really does benefit the car rather than how it looks.I do it every few or so laps if i need to correct myself but the the leaders in our pro classes do it almost every jump,every lap,and the land same spot everytime.Whipping is great if you have a technical track because your already prepared for the turn while people are still preparing to turn in while your already in the turn,If you whip correctly you can pull away from alot of people at the right times,sometimes thats what i have to do to get some breathing room in pro class.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Amazing whips by Austin in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zheVv...ure=plpp_video
Old 06-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

2:15 was awesome!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfsc10
Amazing whips by Austin in this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zheVv...ure=plpp_video
Just looked like "showing-out" to me. It almost bit him too.........he was fast tho. No doubt!!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Its not showing off, you can see that when he lands after he does a whip that he can just hammer the throttle and take off, where as others that aren't whipping have to turn first which takes more time. The last few on the big jump look like more for show though I agree :P
Old 06-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

On my track,(vid in my signature) sometimes when the main line gets rough, in order to clear the big triple in the back you have to really rail the big berm and carry all your speed with the throttle on all the way on to the jump right at the exit of the berm, so usually you're still turning off the jump, in these cases it's pretty much necesarry. Also, the landing is right at the next turn, so you can correct it to set you right up. It ain't easy(for me), but when I get it good it feels badass.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

I can do them if i dont think about doing it on a particular jump. Its when i think about doing it and trying to look cool, that they are followed up with a cartwheel and a front flip. Then the nice marshall putting me back on the track.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

To the question or argument that you cannot scrub (or speed jump)an r/c car.

While practicing last night I challenged myself to see if this is truly possible. What I discovered is that IT IS possible. Two key factors lead to a successful "scrub". To accomplish this the track was dry and I was using a less than perfect front tire. I had to hit the jump on throttle and not "blip" it.

The best results were gaining throttle up to the jump face but not full tilt. Just easing on briskly and giving the steering a twitch on the jump face and then chopping the throttle once the front tires clear the top. It takes some practice. For me it was many many runs at it but once accomplished it was a matter of timing (of course).
Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC demon
Its not showing off, you can see that when he lands after he does a whip that he can just hammer the throttle and take off, where as others that aren't whipping have to turn first which takes more time. The last few on the big jump look like more for show though I agree :P
His whipping cost him time against Amezcua in the earlier vids. He usually makes contact with the ground "less than straight" and winds up running wide after that. Amezcua was driving a little less aggressively but made fewer mistakes though honestly I didn't finish the video, he could've thrown it away later for all I know While I watched I was thinking the difference that would've helped Austin win was less acrobatics, more precision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.