Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Brad-You see this on Neobuggy? 'Bayer looked a challenger to Ronnefalk with 20mins to go, but a rear tyre coming unglued meant he had to settle for 3rd, '

Bayer was using Losi reptiles. Even they fall victim to the Losi tire blow outs
Old 11-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Brad-You see this on Neobuggy? 'Bayer looked a challenger to Ronnefalk with 20mins to go, but a rear tyre coming unglued meant he had to settle for 3rd, '

Bayer was using Losi reptiles. Even they fall victim to the Losi tire blow outs
I did see that Tom, I like the Eclipse tires too much though! I have discovered that if I let Ed glue my Losi tires (he said never again) I have no problems!

How was Barnstormers?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

For sure on the Losi tires. I just use a careful method! B stormers was pretty amazing! Nobody had troubles. I qual 5th for the A. I lead early in the main. There were 6 of us fighting for the lead!! They were calling it 'the train' when our group would come by. It was intense with all 6 of us hanging! I finshed 6th, but same lap as the winner. that was the most # of guys shooting for the top spot that I have ever been involved with. There was some dirty ass driving at the end, but whatever...
Old 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

For sure on the Losi tires. I just use a careful method! B stormers was pretty amazing! Nobody had troubles. I qual 5th for the A. I lead early in the main. There were 6 of us fighting for the lead!! They were calling it 'the train' when our group would come by. It was intense with all 6 of us hanging! I finshed 6th, but same lap as the winner. that was the most # of guys shooting for the top spot that I have ever been involved with. There was some dirty ass driving at the end, but whatever...
Well, I guess a GOOD JOB is in order Tom!!! Can't seem to get away from the dirty ass driving anywhere!! I fell victim at The RAC this year by a TRIGGER HAPPY RC8!!!

Btw, were you dressed like Vaughn for the photo? Lol
Old 11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

On a side note, my Late Model project is finished! I have to paint the body yet and I'll post some pics!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default The Barn

Yeah! If you guys like fast,close, "Takedown" "demolition" racing,, The Barn is the place for you!! have fun!

What a joke, no attempt was made by the operators to clean things up. ah well, thats the way it is. And i thought hobby hut was bad. LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Yeah! If you guys like fast,close, "Takedown" "demolition" racing,, The Barn is the place for you!! have fun!

What a joke, no attempt was made by the operators to clean things up. ah well, thats the way it is. And i thought hobby hut was bad. LOL
........I thought that's where all of East Coast's finest top notch drivers raced? Must have been mislead???? Sometimes the only thing you "learn" when traveling is which places not to go back to!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default lol

Originally Posted by gixxerman
........I thought that's where all of East Coast's finest top notch drivers raced? Must have been mislead???? Sometimes the only thing you "learn" when traveling is which places not to go back to!
hahaha, yeah, been to alot of tracks that i WILL go back to, but that one is not on top of my list lol
Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Nah, I love b stormers! I am going back, but just having skilled drivers being that 'agressive'

Last edited by rallyebmx; 11-09-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

never been there but tommy boy talks er right up.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Sunday!!!!

Im looking to run 1 more time this year outside on a nice day. Looks to be exceptional weather for tomorrow! Im in for slash and Mod truck. See you all around 11:30 ish.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Tomorrow

Racing is on for tomorrow. I'll be there at 830am. Starting at 12pm. I'm in for Slash. See ya all tomorrow. You never know this may be the last race day if weather turns bad. Still another day for Christmas Carol donations.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default I'm in

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Im looking to run 1 more time this year outside on a nice day. Looks to be exceptional weather for tomorrow! Im in for slash and Mod truck. See you all around 11:30 ish.
Ok I guess I'll go to. After all. This may be it till mid winter. See ya guys there.I'm definitly in for slash.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Locals in mag

Brian Roeder's pic, Brian and Brent's Slashes are in this month's issue of RC Driver.

Story from Hobbyrama.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Update on Slash Spec. class.

Too late for this year but;

1. You may turn your ESC around and hard solder your ESC wires to the motor.

2. No use of reverse during a race will be allowed.

The mod stuff has always had the rule, Altoona never had the rule in place for Slash. We will now. Penalty for using reverse will be 1 lap.

And in a general announcement. Beginning next year, you will need to have a personal transponder. We will have a few personals for rent, but will require a small fee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.