Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great Day of racing today....I think Brain pretty much summed it up at the end of the slash main WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 11-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Today

Today was a blast. Mod truck win goes to Matt Dzaibo. 1/8 scale win goes to Scott Siegel (sp?) Smoking fast, was nice meeting you today. Hope you make the trip many more times to race with us. Sam, fast as always. And the Slash win goes to Brian D.

As far as times and finishes, today was the closest in all classes since I bought the track. When all three classes are decided by 1, 2 or three seconds, you know it was a hot action day. Congrats to all winners.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Christmas Carol

To date:

27 gifts and $290 dollars collected. I have 10 days to get everything to the radio station, so it's not too late for other donations.

A HUGE THANK YOU to all that have given to such a wonderful cause.

We seem to sometimes, take for granted our health, our home, our vehicles and our family. Not to mention our hobby.

Our, (Mainly you guys) contributions, will help 12 families that otherwise would not be in the position to find SOME peace this coming holiday season. I am glad we can help. Once again. THANK YOU GUYS ( and Jackie) for pitching in and helping out.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Thanks Rob...it was great to meet everyone and I had a blast racing. The track is challenging and very fun. I will be sure to come back again. Kudos to you and those who supported the Toy drive.

Regards,
Scott
Old 11-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just looking ahead at the weather..... what day are you running this weekend Rob?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tom

We are running Sunday at 12pm. Come join us one last time for the year.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Crap, I am gone Sunday! It would have been nice to end the season in Toona.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm not sure how many guys might remember 'Savage' Joe Costanza. He was one of the original Altoona Raceway Members back in 04 or 05.

He stopped racing a several years ago but I'll allways I remember him and his brother Steve. They were fun guys to have at the track. When things got slow, they would have drag races in the pits. Joe was constantly working on his Savage and made a lot of custom parts (some of them even worked!).

Every once in a while Joe and his highly modded Savage would tear it up at the track. He and Icenutz had some great battles in the monster truck class and they also had some great battles on the old Radio Control Zone forum.

Those us of who were there, back in the day, will never forget the infamous 'Fathers Day Massacre'

I was hoping Joe would come back to the track, but, thats never going to happen now. Joe died unexpectedly November 13th at the age of 33.

His obitiuary in the Altoona Mirror said that "he was a 94 graduate of Altoona High School, served in the US Army, and that he enjoyed paintball, remote control trucks, video games, XBox 360 and Drawing.

He left behind a wife and 2 kids.

Sad news.

Last edited by Ed237; 11-16-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Joe

While I was reading my uncle's obit in today's paper "Tom Plunkett" I seen the obit for Joe. I even thought to myself, after reading it, he enjoyed R/C, wonder if he was ever at the track.

I guess he has. Such a shame.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
I'm not sure how many guys might remember 'Savage' Joe Costanza. He was one of the original Altoona Raceway Members back in 04 or 05.

He stopped racing a several years ago but I'll allways I remember him and his brother Steve. They were fun guys to have at the track. When things got slow, they would have drag races in the pits. Joe was constantly working on his Savage and made a lot of custom parts (some of them even worked!).

Every once in a while Joe and his highly modded Savage would tear it up at the track. He and Icenutz had some great battles in the monster truck class and they also had some great battles on the old Radio Control Zone forum.

Those us of who were there, back in the day, will never forget the infamous 'Fathers Day Massacre'

I was hoping Joe would come back to the track, but, thats never going to happen now. Joe died unexpectedly November 13th at the age of 33.

His obitiuary in the Altoona Mirror said that "he was a 94 graduate of Altoona High School, served in the US Army, and that he enjoyed paintball, remote control trucks, video games, XBox 360 and Drawing.

He left behind a wife and 2 kids.

Sad news.
ed,
yes i remember joe very much so.man thats so sad to here.i still remember conversating with him many times at the off-road track.
did they say what he passed from?33 is way to young.im 32 and will be 33 in january....crazy it is...his family has my families deepest sympathy.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Sunday

This Sunday will be a Turkey Race. Normal member raceday fees

1st place in each class, will win a turkey.

Please start a roll call for classes, so I know how many turkeys I need to get.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hello Turkey Bowl 1

Originally Posted by robwike

Hey Rob! I'll be in for slash and mod truck. See everybody there.

BRING ON THE TURKEYS. GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TTO1 Racr; 11-17-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: needs improvement
Old 11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robwike

If I were to win, could I trade in my turkey for the equivalent poundage of crab legs?

Brian D, I'll be in touch soon! Sorrrrry for the delay.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default hello altoona

whatup guys, long time no see.

any sign of fellow truggys this sunday?, may make it a triple header this weekend.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if i come ill be in for slash and mod truck, but i highly doubt it, Im supposed to stay away from "dirt" till the eyes heal.....and something tells me there is gonna be dirt there!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.