Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Check to make sure your chassis is perfectly straight. Remove the shocks from the car, and loosen all the top deck and rear deck screws. I usually take droop blocks on a hard, perfectly flat surface (glass, hudy setup board, or anything similar). Then I set the car on the droop blocks and make sure they aren't sitting directly under any screws, press down on the shock towers. While the shock towers are being pressed down, tighten the screws in a X pattern.

Also, sometimes tires with really large airgaps, or poor mounting jobs can make for a weird shaped tire that will throw the tweak off.

If that still has you in a tweaky situation, make sure your bulkheads are straight by taking them off the car and testing them on a peice of glass. Just lightly tap long the bulkhead while it's laying down on the glass to see if it rocks around or anything. I do periodically to my car to keep things in check.

The suspension blocks are suspect to being a little out of whack sometimes. They can twist the chassis if they are REALLY bad, but check and make sure they are flat anyway.

Hope that helps you out

-Korey
After you do all that, you can do one more thing. With everything back together and wheels off, put the car on a tweak board and take some callipers and measure the axles to the flat surface at rest. They should be the same from left to right and this ensures there isn't variations in hubs, steering knuckles, caster blocks, etc. Its just one final check to ensure something else isn't affecting the equation. They should be the same at rest. Also check that all bottom screws on chassis are countersunk correctly or it could mess up your car when checking the flatness and screw heads could hit gauges when measuring ride height and droop.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

FRONT END IS TOGETHER.......TIME FOR LUNCH!!!!! THIS THING ISN'T GOING TO GET FINISHED UNTIL TOMORROW IF I DON'T FINISH BEFORE FOOTBALL PRACTICE.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Skip Lunch! I'm secretly rooting for you STLNLST...time to put a dent in the Tamiya Crew's egos There are more Tamiyas at Marin than anything usually. I run Associated but we both believe in Novak so it gives us some common ground.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Catalyst
Skip Lunch! I'm secretly rooting for you STLNLST...time to put a dent in the Tamiya Crew's egos There are more Tamiyas at Marin than anything usually. I run Associated but we both believe in Novak so it gives us some common ground.

The Novak is in a box airtight with lasers just in front of the entry door.....LOL It will stay there until the car is ready for it to be installed. I can't wait to break up the Tamiya group. You know I ran the TCS warm up race they had at norcal and TQ'ed and won with a field of Tamiya's....LOL I plan on making lighting strike twice come this Sunday......LOL
Old 08-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

TheCoolCanFanMan- Shock length is 64.0mm front and rear. The smaller shims under the suspension blocks smooth it out and provide more traction mid corner. 5mm ride height is what I always run for the most part. The losi droop guage should be fine. I personally use the hudy droop guage and blocks. Gap on the roll bar mount is just the stock setting. I'm using the newer swaybar mounts so the gap is just to adjust/compensate for tweak in the swaybar. Losi shock oil is a tiny bit thinner than associated if I remember right, but like 2.5-5.0 wt thinner.

Timmay- I have the TC kit, and I noticed the front suspension pivots are actually machined so they have clearance for the steering linkage to move around. Hara used to actually just take a dremel and grind the suspension pivot untill it had enough room.

-Korey
Old 08-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
The Novak is in a box airtight with lasers just in front of the entry door.....LOL It will stay there until the car is ready for it to be installed. I can't wait to break up the Tamiya group. You know I ran the TCS warm up race they had at norcal and TQ'ed and won with a field of Tamiya's....LOL I plan on making lighting strike twice come this Sunday......LOL
As long as HB's wins, then im good!

Now HURRY!!! FINISH IT!

Also, the speed must have broke free, I see it in the 2nd pic You need better security!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
As long as HB's wins, then im good!

Now HURRY!!! FINISH IT!

Also, the speed must have broke free, I see it in the 2nd pic You need better security!
there are two new one's waiting to go into something. One for on raod and the other off road. That one pictured is one that Scotty and I are gonna test with first thing Sunday morning. We have a few ideas from the Speedworld cup that we have been waiting to try my next time out.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

there are two new one's waiting to go into something. One for on raod and the other off road. That one pictured is one that Scotty and I are gonna test with first thing Sunday morning. We have a few ideas from the Speedworld cup that we have been waiting to try my next time out.
i know your trying to catch up to Marcos J's post count, but you'll never finish that car if you keep posting.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

I have noticed that on most of the set up I have found that the spacers under the front pivot blocks are higher on the rear. Am I reading this right?
Old 08-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Khador12
I have noticed that on most of the set up I have found that the spacers under the front pivot blocks are higher on the rear. Am I reading this right?
I'm saw hara also F 1mm , R 1.5mm
Old 08-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Khador12
Mostly all of the set up's have 1.5mm spacers front and rear. The set up's with 1.0FF and 1.5FR are set up's with anti dive. Which set up's are you looking at that have the front higher than the rear?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Mostly all of the set up's have 1.5mm spacers front and rear. The set up's with 1.0FF and 1.5FR are set up's with anti dive. Which set up's are you looking at that have the front higher than the rear?
i know i have front kick up in my setup (1.5 FF .5FR) but i also run an extremely bumpy track
Old 08-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
i know i have front kick up in my setup (1.5 FF .5FR) but i also run an extremely bumpy track
F spool ?
Old 08-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Wait, you do off road to? What are you racing? 4wd, or 2wd?

Modding a speedo, I will have to be there for that next race. Any chances it will go boooom?
Old 08-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
F spool ?
yeah front spool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.