Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
+1
I just ordered 2 of the 6500mah 2s packs yesterday and will have an answer this weekend but I would sure like an answer before then and also how do they compare to ThunderPower 65c 5300mah 2s in runtime, which is what I already own (if anyone knows that owns both).
I have both, I have not hooked up my eagle tree to see how they really perform but based on my track time tonight it seems like the MaxAmps pack falls off on power quicker, but at the beginning of the race (first two or 3 laps) it feels much faster and I can clear bigger jumps.

I bought the Max Amps pack last x-mas, ran it for 4 months before I got really frustrated with the fall off & got them to exchange it. The pack I ran tonight was a brand new pack in its first run so maybe it will improve or get worse? I can say that in my old pack I could use 6000+ milliamps, I don't know what this one will go down to? I did run a 7min main with a 2 min warm up prior to the run. Using a Novak Havic SC ESC & 4.5 std motor with a 15 tooth pinion.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kcobra
What is a good pinion size for the SCTE with the Castle 1410 motor on a tight indoor track (approximately 90x40 ft)? Thanks.
I would start with at 12.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Question about front diff oil. I'm currently running 7/5/3 and love the way it handles for 3/4 of the track. There's one section that's a tight chicane, a slower right-left-right over a small roller that I just can't carry any speed through. Would dropping front diff fluid to 5k free up the front end to get more steering? I'm running the Lane set-up with the exception of shock oil-32.5 AE oil front and 27.5 AE oil rear with stock pistons and springs. Sway bars are also stock. The truck handles the rest of the track great it's just the infield section that I'm losing time on. How would thinner front diff fluid effect the truck on the rest of the track? Not sure if I'm going in the right direction with diff fluid or should I try something else first? Thanks for any help.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra
What is a good pinion size for the SCTE with the Castle 1410 motor on a tight indoor track (approximately 90x40 ft)? Thanks.
I have same motor run indoor high bit and same size track. I ran 14t and 13t for 8min main temps on 14t on 5min was 165. That was the reason for the 13t.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mototech
Question about front diff oil. I'm currently running 7/5/3 and love the way it handles for 3/4 of the track. There's one section that's a tight chicane, a slower right-left-right over a small roller that I just can't carry any speed through. Would dropping front diff fluid to 5k free up the front end to get more steering? I'm running the Lane set-up with the exception of shock oil-32.5 AE oil front and 27.5 AE oil rear with stock pistons and springs. Sway bars are also stock. The truck handles the rest of the track great it's just the infield section that I'm losing time on. How would thinner front diff fluid effect the truck on the rest of the track? Not sure if I'm going in the right direction with diff fluid or should I try something else first? Thanks for any help.
Thinner front diff oil gives more steering off power and less on power. I am having the same problem as u on a tight track. And I was running 5/3/3 will be running 3/5/2 my shock oils r 30 in front 25 rear stock pistions. I have a setup sheet I posted a few pages ago.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Question on the new Chassis. Is it any stronger then the stock one or is it just lighter?

Bent mine today and am trying to figure out what to replace it with?
i have a stock one i just replaced with a TLR chassis, can part with it cheap if ya want it. pm me
Old 09-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Question on the new Chassis. Is it any stronger then the stock one or is it just lighter?

Bent mine today and am trying to figure out what to replace it with?
Both stronger and lighter. Win win!

Seeing as you bent your stock i'd go with it or one of the other hopup chassis.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

TLR Tuned Chasis > Tim Bump Chasis?
Old 09-14-2011, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Asharus
Great product support by Losi demonstrated today. I called them about my broken center/front driveshaft pin, then they looked it up and advised that the part has been revised (which we all knew about already, thanks Ryan) and that they will send me a replacement. The only thing is that it's on backorder until the first week of Oct, LOL. It looks like I'm still going to be buying one of the old ones to get me going until then.
To where should i turn to get this kind of support? I'm in Sweden.

I've had the same thing happen to me.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Default New to the forum

Hi there everyone,
Well I have tried to go through the +1000 posts of the forum to make myself an idea. I am driving a Losi 8IGHT 2.0 Buggy and would like to try this 1/10 SCCTE for the upcoming winter; I will most likely not use my nitro 1/8 over the winter. I have decided on the model after thinking of Ofna and AE. For peace of mind now, I am just looking for some answers since you guys have run the truck a while now: I am going to go with Castle Creation 3800kV 1410 Y brushless motor with four magnets. Is this an ok choice? I am not after uncontrollable speeds. Is there any "straight away" updates I should be aware of? What decent LiPo pack should I use? I know this has most likely been answered 1000 times in the forum but did not have the chance to read the +1000 posts (yet).
I do appreciate your feedback.
V
Old 09-14-2011, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vasidudu
Hi there everyone,
Well I have tried to go through the +1000 posts of the forum to make myself an idea. I am driving a Losi 8IGHT 2.0 Buggy and would like to try this 1/10 SCCTE for the upcoming winter; I will most likely not use my nitro 1/8 over the winter. I have decided on the model after thinking of Ofna and AE. For peace of mind now, I am just looking for some answers since you guys have run the truck a while now: I am going to go with Castle Creation 3800kV 1410 Y brushless motor with four magnets. Is this an ok choice? I am not after uncontrollable speeds. Is there any "straight away" updates I should be aware of? What decent LiPo pack should I use? I know this has most likely been answered 1000 times in the forum but did not have the chance to read the +1000 posts (yet).
V
thats a good motor for the truck, pretty much any 4 pole or 550 motor will be fine.
just make sure not to skimp on the speed controller, theres a guy at our track running the castle sct combo with that little speed control and he thermal's all the time because it dosent have a fan.

for a battery lots of people use different things, I personally dont use a pack thats rated below 60c because the truck weighs so much and the motor/esc will pull some serious current
Old 09-14-2011, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcguy76559
I have same motor run indoor high bit and same size track. I ran 14t and 13t for 8min main temps on 14t on 5min was 165. That was the reason for the 13t.
I run a 15t on my indoor track....my 1410 is paired w/ a mmp and runs 135 all day
Old 09-14-2011, 04:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vasidudu
Hi there everyone,
V
Consider buying your truck from the states. I bought mine from Germany in late july and i got the first revision. Meaning that there are some issues with the diff pins and some other details. The later revisions have had all these little things worked out/improved.

I also have the 1410 and it's a great motor. Running it with a Hobbywing SC8 esc.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitro0619
I run a 15t on my indoor track....my 1410 is paired w/ a mmp and runs 135 all day
i could be under geared then paired with a rx8. But the hot temps here don't help at 80f-85f indoor 100+ outdoor Plus when i went to 13 it ran cooler. But it was cooler outside i will have to play with it still. thanks for info
Old 09-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Hi All,

I'm running the Castle 1415 with MMP, and had a go of an SCTE with the Novak Sensored Motor + ESC combo the other day. WOW - the sensored was so smooth! Now I want to try out a sensored motor with the MMP.

Had a quick look at HobbyKing, and saw Turnigy now making Sensored Brushless motors. Anyone had any experience with these, and/or recommend one of them to try out? Not for competition use, only for good speed around a 1/10 track.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.