Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thank YOU!!!

Hey Uriah,

Thank you for getting my motors back to me in a hurry. The Ninja is working out really well. I qualified 1st in the B-Main this past weekend, and went onto bump-up into the A, finished 6th in the A after having broke a steering rod. I would recommend you anytime to someone looking for that extra power in a motor.

Paul (Bruckner Hobbies)
Old 10-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Murnan,

What's your thoughts on the longevity of the use of ceramic bearings (rear) in 12 motors vs. .21? More/less reliable---or not reccomended?

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
Murnan,

What's your thoughts on the longevity of the use of ceramic bearings (rear) in 12 motors vs. .21? More/less reliable---or not reccomended?

Thanks.
I recomend using high quality ceramic bearings in the rear of both size engines. If the ceramic bearing is of high quality, and the balls are all of perfectly equal size the ceramic will outlast a steel bearing. The problem with some of the ceramic bearings wearing out too fast from the factory is because the balls are not being perfectly matched to eachother, and to the races. I am having this done and I do not see any excess wear problems. I think .12, and .21 are both reliable, and faster with ceramic rear bearings.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grinder
I recomend using high quality ceramic bearings in the rear of both size engines. If the ceramic bearing is of high quality, and the balls are all of perfectly equal size the ceramic will outlast a steel bearing. The problem with some of the ceramic bearings wearing out too fast from the factory is because the balls are not being perfectly matched to eachother, and to the races. I am having this done and I do not see any excess wear problems. I think .12, and .21 are both reliable, and faster with ceramic rear bearings.
Grinder I have a Plus 12 3CT by Murnan, can I change the ceramic bearing that came with the Engine with the ones you have for this engine?

RCPANAMA
Old 10-13-2006, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcpanama
Grinder I have a Plus 12 3CT by Murnan, can I change the ceramic bearing that came with the Engine with the ones you have for this engine?

RCPANAMA
wouldnt the murnan motor already have grinders bearings installed
Old 10-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by itchy b
wouldnt the murnan motor already have grinders bearings installed
When I bought it, he didn't have that option, I have it with the original Ceramic from Novarossi

RCPANAMA
Old 10-14-2006, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcpanama

RCPANAMA
Sure. I will have ceramic bearing kits availale on my site within 2-3 more weeks. I have to wait until Nova has the bearings.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hi grinder. would i be able to tell a differecne with your ceramics in the 12+3 compared to the stock ones?
Old 10-14-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Uriah,

Nice to meet you in Cincy. It was surely a great show in the final.

Anyone interested in customer service should be sending their engines his way. My friend bought a few engines and is very pleased. Uriah has not done any work for me (yet), but took a significant amount of his time to answer questions and look at a questionable P/S set I had. I will be doing business in the future for sure.... possibly for the WinterNat's

Corey
Old 10-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by roadrage
hi grinder. would i be able to tell a differecne with your ceramics in the 12+3 compared to the stock ones?
You can see and hear the difference with both bearings being ceramic. The engine spools up very fast. I can feel the difference in the stock bearing vs our bearing, especially with both front and rear being matched ceramics.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cdelong
Uriah,

Nice to meet you in Cincy. It was surely a great show in the final.

Anyone interested in customer service should be sending their engines his way. My friend bought a few engines and is very pleased. Uriah has not done any work for me (yet), but took a significant amount of his time to answer questions and look at a questionable P/S set I had. I will be doing business in the future for sure.... possibly for the WinterNat's

Corey
It was sure nice to meet you too Corey. The final was increadible. Definitely the closest hour long nitro race I have seen. I don't know how they can do it. Drive with that much intensity and focus for an hour. My hat is off to all the guys that made the main. But Mike and Ralph they put it down. They put on the best show I have ever seen. Oh and all that tire dust.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Code:
Thanks.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:43 PM
mrx
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hello Uriah,

I have not run any modifed motors but may i ask can a used motor about 2 gallons of 25% fuel through and compression is still good to be modified by you?
What do you suggest.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Xenon

I have a ABC Xenon and only in the run in process for 6-7 tanks. Can u still modify it for me. If it is OK please let me know and I will send it to you right away. Also can u fit ceramic bearings in them as well?
Old 10-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Uriah,

Will you have those special ceramic bearings for the Sirio?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.