Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Old 12-15-2009, 11:39 AM
  #2431  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (89)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 3,036
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ugglasdav
hey guys, i have only been driving on road 1/10 for a year now and with every race i did it has been always the engine that has givin me proplems. there is a guy in my club with a murnan 353 and i can drive better then him its just the engine that has been letting me down. i hope to get a murnan for next years season. do you think its the right choice or should i stay stock for a while longer
I would stay with a stock engine. A modified engine in going to be a little more sensitive to tuning changes. Get a nice stock engine. Remember slower is faster. learn how to drive and tune slower engine first.


pass you soon...
lil-bump is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 PM
  #2432  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 493
Default

Originally Posted by ugglasdav
hey guys, i have only been driving on road 1/10 for a year now and with every race i did it has been always the engine that has givin me proplems. there is a guy in my club with a murnan 353 and i can drive better then him its just the engine that has been letting me down. i hope to get a murnan for next years season. do you think its the right choice or should i stay stock for a while longer
I'd say if you are getting beat on the straight then the only answer is a Murnan RB. There are stupid fast yet still very very easy to tune. You really can't go wrong with one of these motors!
Bobby Flack is offline  
Old 12-16-2009, 01:39 PM
  #2433  
Tech Adept
 
ugglasdav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 166
Default

hey guys, dont want to be rude or anything but i cant seem to figure out how if u mod an engine to have more power and torque but yet be more fuel econmic
ugglasdav is offline  
Old 12-16-2009, 02:20 PM
  #2434  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (34)
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,604
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ugglasdav
hey guys, dont want to be rude or anything but i cant seem to figure out how if u mod an engine to have more power and torque but yet be more fuel econmic
Thats not 100% true. All my engines are modded, some are modded by Murnan and they make the same runtime as the rest of the guys.

Some modifications just improve efficiency. If they improve efficiency it means it is getting more power for less consumption!
Riketsu is offline  
Old 12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
  #2435  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (91)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,460
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
I'd say if you are getting beat on the straight then the only answer is a Murnan RB. There are stupid fast yet still very very easy to tune. You really can't go wrong with one of these motors!
Bobby Congrats & the P.R. Cup & also tho the Murnan Team
See ya @ the Winternats if your coming down
GMartinez is online now  
Old 12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
  #2436  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (89)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 3,036
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ugglasdav
hey guys, dont want to be rude or anything but i cant seem to figure out how if u mod an engine to have more power and torque but yet be more fuel econmic
Also with better spool up time. You can grab less throttle; and still get from corner to corner faster.


Pass you soon...
lil-bump is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 04:46 AM
  #2437  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,864
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Also with better spool up time. You can grab less throttle; and still get from corner to corner faster.


Pass you soon...
That is correct, with the power increase it takes less throttle to go the same distance. That is one way runtime is better.
Another thing that helps runtime without power loss is the way my modified engines burn the fuel. More of the fuel is being burned and not wasted. Mostly due to the change in the shape of the heads, cranks, weights, and a few secrets...

Last edited by Grinder; 01-16-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Grinder is offline  
Old 12-23-2009, 01:31 PM
  #2438  
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,478
Default Less throttle...

Perhaps there's something to be said about the racer in this matter. A good racing buddy of mine is a modified RB runner, the engine is remarkable, having said this..

As too is his attention to detail on all other aspects of his car, it's not the average "Joe" that would invest in an modified engine of this calibre so free roll of a chassis and rotating mass and inertia comes into play. Attention to bearings, altitude above sea level, car setup, clutch slip, tyre slip all equate to power to ground and overall fuel efficiency.

He gave me an "old" one made from old spare parts, after replacing rear bearing and O-rings the old Murnan RB still rocks for it's age and all I can say is ... they are AWESOME ENGINES!!!
blis is offline  
Old 12-24-2009, 11:50 AM
  #2439  
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

Hi Uriah,

Can you modify a RB T9 Stock version and make it exactly same like an M3, except the new cooling head?
musti72 is offline  
Old 12-28-2009, 08:25 PM
  #2440  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 252
Default

has anyone here tried the moded 09 Kangaroo?need some reviews coz keen on ordering one
tq23 is offline  
Old 12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
  #2441  
am
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,842
Default

Hi.

I am an offroad driver and have used the Nova +4 this seasson. I was wonderring how your engine is to drive compared to a stock +4 engine? Is it the same smooth engine with higher rpm? Are the fuel consumption the same on the modified engine? etc...

Thank you so much for your help and time
am is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 03:31 AM
  #2442  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,864
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by blis
Perhaps there's something to be said about the racer in this matter. A good racing buddy of mine is a modified RB runner, the engine is remarkable, having said this..

As too is his attention to detail on all other aspects of his car, it's not the average "Joe" that would invest in an modified engine of this calibre so free roll of a chassis and rotating mass and inertia comes into play. Attention to bearings, altitude above sea level, car setup, clutch slip, tyre slip all equate to power to ground and overall fuel efficiency.

He gave me an "old" one made from old spare parts, after replacing rear bearing and O-rings the old Murnan RB still rocks for it's age and all I can say is ... they are AWESOME ENGINES!!!
Grinder is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 03:32 AM
  #2443  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,864
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by musti72
Hi Uriah,

Can you modify a RB T9 Stock version and make it exactly same like an M3, except the new cooling head?
No. It will be pretty close though.
Grinder is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 03:44 AM
  #2444  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,864
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tq23
has anyone here tried the moded 09 Kangaroo?need some reviews coz keen on ordering one
The engine has tons of torque, and good top speed. The engine will run with the best of engines. The Kangaroo is a perfect for those small to medium size tracks. The engine has more bottom end, and slightly less top end than engines like the mod 35+21, Flash, C9.

I hope this helps.
Grinder is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 03:58 AM
  #2445  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,864
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by am
Hi.

I am an offroad driver and have used the Nova +4 this seasson. I was wonderring how your engine is to drive compared to a stock +4 engine? Is it the same smooth engine with higher rpm? Are the fuel consumption the same on the modified engine? etc...

Thank you so much for your help and time
Hi. The modified +4 feels more aggressive out of the corners, with a lot more top speed than stock. The modified +4 gets similar runtime as the stock engine, with more power. With my modified +4 you can run a smaller ventury, and get the same power as the stock one with much better runtimes. Or you can use the same ventury, and roast your tires off.

I recommend the 5.4mm ventury from a .12 engine to get the most runtime. Most of my off road team drivers are using less nitro, smaller venturies, and still have plenty of power for most off road tracks. For Truggy I use a 6, or 7mm insert. You can also use the 5.4mm in truggy. Talk about extreme runtimes!
Grinder is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.