Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

which hex drivers should i use, ball or normal and why?
Old 04-02-2002, 12:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default speedo and simon k

thanks again... you guys really help newbies a lot ill try them out and inform you bout the outcome...again..thanks

okidoki
Old 04-02-2002, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

okidoki,
yup i'm going there this saturday. be there too. i can help you build that rear diff if you want. i'll try to show you the loose, neutral and tight in screw setting.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default maski

ill be there bro..... wanted to try the place before the 1st phil. rc shoot out on the 20th
Old 04-02-2002, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

could anyone answer my question of which is better for yoke screws, ball hex or normal hex?
Old 04-02-2002, 09:41 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You'll strip far less screws and wrenches if you use normal. You should only use a ball wrench if you can only get to something at an angle.
Old 04-02-2002, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

thank you for the info mo
Old 04-03-2002, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Question regarding cut down rear hubs:

In most if the set up sheets I've seen, when running cut down rear hubs, the camber link is now in the upper/outer hole on the shock tower. I carried out the mod and what I found was the camber link is still the same length as when I ran the standard hubs mounted in the upper/inner hole.

What my question is then: Can I still move / lengthen the camber link to the upper/inner hole and if so am I right in thinking this should give more grip (in theory).

One last question: What degree of toe in does the Special kit rear hubs have. 1 deg?

Thanks,

Yorkie
Old 04-03-2002, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

I try not to use the Yok screws at all. I order the 2mm and other sizes that most cars use. If I can't find the right size I dremel or sand them down to the right size. They are cheaper and don't strip as easy. Also most other RC cars use these types of screws so they work on my other cars. I have yet to find the size for the arms that hold in the small hinge pins yet......those seem to strip the worst.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Yorkie, that is becuase doing that mod is supposed to keep the link more parallel and move the link out, while keeping it the same length. By all means try running it in one of the other two holes and see what happens though, I'm interested to see if it still works.

sweetpea; if you have a pro, worlds or special, every screw on the car is 2mm hex (I have yet to strip one in two years) with the exeption of the hinge pin set screws and the grub srews on the swaybar ends.

Speedo
Old 04-03-2002, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Speedo.

That's pretty much what I figured for the rear hub mod.
I found out that the Speacial kit rear hubs are 1 deg, it's stamped on the hub.
I'll be trying the car out in stock class on slippery wooden flooring tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it works out in the upper/outer position and what difference there is by mounting the camber link one hole in. I'm not sure the turnbuckle will be long enough to mount the link in the upper/inner hole.

So what's the reasoning behind using a king pin ball stud on the front hubs? I may as well try that as well while I have my Dremel batteries charged.

Yorkie
Old 04-03-2002, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Pretty much the same as the rear mod, parallel and moving the link out.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Speedo
Old 04-03-2002, 02:20 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I have two of the kingpin ball studs, I guess I may as well stick them on the front of my Special tonight.

We are having our annual title race this Friday-Saturday. I'm running Pro-Stock (Rubber) with my Yokomo Special and Modified (Foam) with my XXX-S. Right now my Special is *almost* the box-stock setup, with a few small tweaks, and it handles pretty well.
Old 04-03-2002, 10:29 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Went back to my LHS today and found another package of the kingpin ballstuds, at half off even, so that was cool.

Question: somebody once said on here that the Aluminum TC3 battery strap would fit the Yokomo Special. Is this true? Anybody happen to have a part number for it? I'd really like to use that instead of the one the Special comes with, that thing is just unwieldy.
Old 04-03-2002, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Shane- yes it will, but if I remember correctly you have to move the rear battery post over to the center position. Not sure on the part number- I dislike the AE aluminum battery strap...

BTW, it's easier to just use the yellow fiberglass strapping tape if you don't like the Special's battery strap...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.