Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
That is great to hear. At SW we used the arms and they worked great. No one broke a arm all weekend. The new car will come with full EA3 components.

And with green aluminum parts?????

Brant
Old 07-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
STLNLST ain't nice IMHO.

todd, does that mean castor blocks and steering knuckles will be EA3 as well?
Old 07-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RussB - Yes the castor blocks, and front and rear hub carriers will be out of the EA3 plastic as well. The new EA3 palstic is awesome, people will have way fewer breaks.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That is great to hear. At SW we used the arms and they worked great. No one broke a arm all weekend. The new car will come with full EA3 components.
I was wondering, when is the new JRXSRE coming out? This will be my first Team Losi/belt car.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KarpetRacer93
I was wondering, when is the new JRXSRE coming out? This will be my first Team Losi/belt car.

The last word on it is that were looking for it in late September.

Brant
Old 07-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
The last word on it is that were looking for it in late September.

Brant
That sucks that it wont be out for the start of the indoor season.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, POOKYT is correct, it should be due out in late September/October. I know it won't be out for the start of the carpet season, but just hang on, it'll be worth the wait!
Old 07-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's good to see this thread come back alive, it was pretty quiet after the disappointing worlds. It doesn't matter to me when the JRX-SRE is release (Sept - Oct) it will give me more time to sort it out before next season.

Todd, is Losi planning to come out with different chassis, like one for asphalt and one for carpet?
Old 07-30-2006, 02:30 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by vabroom
It's good to see this thread come back alive, it was pretty quiet after the disappointing worlds. It doesn't matter to me when the JRX-SRE is release (Sept - Oct) it will give me more time to sort it out before next season.

Todd, is Losi planning to come out with different chassis, like one for asphalt and one for carpet?
The JRX-S Type R will be a full carpet/foam tire racing kit. The car will come with a carpet/foam tire setup on it.

I am not sure if we will need to have a thinner chassis for asphalt. The chassis should be able to accomadate both.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

The JRX-S Type R will be a full carpet/foam tire racing kit. The car will come with a carpet/foam tire setup on it.

I am not sure if we will need to have a thinner chassis for asphalt. The chassis should be able to accomadate both.
Todd, are you saying that the chassis will be thicker than the current car's standard chassis?
Old 07-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

I know the top sedan chassis's are made to flex in some degree or another. I have always been under the assumption that a chassis needs to be rigid so that you can tune the suspension to do the work as opposed to the chassis or its components flexing which should be inconsistant. I know I don't get to run 7 turn mod on a weekly basis so maybe I'm wrong. I do run 19 turn mostly and a little stock. With these motors I normally run all the post in the chassis to make it stiff. My question is am I screwed up in my approach to set-up or is the chassis flex thing just another tuning aid? Thanks

Brant
Old 07-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Chassis flex is a good tuning aid for rubber tires on carpet and asphalt, the more chassis flex a car has, the more mechanical grip the car will produce. Flex is a good thing if the racing surface is low bite, on the other hand on a high bite track it will hurt you, making the car inconsistant and hard to drive.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

scoyle- The chassis in the new kit will be the same thickness as the front motor car.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

so will the front motor car contine to be supported after the type r is released?
Old 07-30-2006, 03:15 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by RussB
so will the front motor car contine to be supported after the type r is released?
Yes, actually all the new differentials and dogbones will fit in the FE car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.