Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2015 AARCMCC EP Onroad Nationals >

2015 AARCMCC EP Onroad Nationals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 AARCMCC EP Onroad Nationals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default i get by with a little hep from my friends

This weekend was the some total of everybodies input
and yes Ed.....If clubs put a positive view on changing things we can make a diffrence..

We are the sum of everybodies in put
With only positive input
Only positive things can Happen
Old 11-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Great Event - well run

Hi Guys,

Just like to thank the club, the volunteers, sponsors and drivers for a great event.

I had the best time away, the event was run very well, one of the best i have ever been to. We were lucky with the weather but that just made it a more interesting weekend away.

Like to say what a pleasure it was to drive against the 21.5 drivers, all of them were polite & courteous. The local guys made me feel very welcome and i look forward to returning to the track to race one day soon.

My apologies to the club for not being there for the presentations, unfortunately we had booked flights earlier and had to rush off to make the flight in time.

Regards

Brad Palmer
Old 11-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brad when it comes to flying you have to do what you have too so do not worry about it, glad you could make it and have fun with a great bunch off people.

Originally Posted by OHBRAD
Hi Guys,

Just like to thank the club, the volunteers, sponsors and drivers for a great event.

I had the best time away, the event was run very well, one of the best i have ever been to. We were lucky with the weather but that just made it a more interesting weekend away.

Like to say what a pleasure it was to drive against the 21.5 drivers, all of them were polite & courteous. The local guys made me feel very welcome and i look forward to returning to the track to race one day soon.

My apologies to the club for not being there for the presentations, unfortunately we had booked flights earlier and had to rush off to make the flight in time.

Regards

Brad Palmer
Old 11-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

I understand about flying out after events. I left mid presentation of the South Australian EP state titles because of my flight. It's the things we have to do, most of us need to work Monday or we can't race.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:23 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

So I've extracted all laps from the results.

All 11,318 of them. Got some crunching to do, but the data is conclusive: Stock is fastest - pounding in 42% more laps than modified over the same two days and same conditions. Can't argue with statistics...
Old 11-14-2015, 03:24 AM
Suspended

Hi Guys please see the link below for the official AARCMCC EP On Road Thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...ad-thread.html
Old 11-16-2015, 03:17 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I posted this elsewhere, but since it's for the event, here is a first-cut visualisation of consistency for each driver/class.

Some outlier laptimes have been filtered out (unscientifically, but I've got some fancier tools in the pipeline to fix that).

In simplest terms, they illustrate how consistent your laptimes were in that class.

These charts show the spread of laptimes for you in that class. Each "box" shows your best/worst/median (the median is the gap in the middle) and first/third quartiles. The small circles are considered "outliers" and while they are shown, they are ignored in the calculations.

Tighter box (ie: shorter from top to bottom) and fewer circles means you rock for consistency, but doesn't necessarily mean you were fast. Doing both will win you lots

They are roughly sorted left-to-right according to your overall average laptime for that class. A good example is that in 12th Scale, Chris Peet's average laptime was faster than Gerard Elias, but Gerard's consistency was better (that's over the whole meet, not just one race).

Someone in the mix has exceptional consistency...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
lap_time_spreads.pdf (259.4 KB, 222 views)