Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Hmm, never thought about that but that may be the reason they are not having any problems with them. Like you said, IRS recommends the cushions, it must be because of that.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

I guess I'll stick with the IRS diffs then. I might tighten them up alittle on the front.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default ONE WAY DIFF YOKOMO

HI GUYS,

I HAVE BEEN RECOMMENED IN THIS FORUM THAT THE TC3 YOKOMO ONE IS THE BEST AND STRONGEST.

PLEASE TELL ME, CLICK ON THE LINK AND TELL ME IS THIS IT, AS IT SAY ASSEMBLY, I AM AFRAID THAT I MIGHT HAVE TO GET MORE THAN ONE PART FOR IT, OR IS THIS THE ONLY PART I

Regards Bradwww.kthobbies.com/store/tc3_parts.htm
Old 08-08-2003, 09:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The Yokomo 1 way should be one of the strongest avalible. The only assembly would be attaching the gear to the 1 way, and pushing the drive cups into it.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Default ONE WAYS

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND WHERE I CAN BUY A TC3 YOKOMMO ONE FROM AROUND THE WORLD OR AUSTRALIA.

REGARDS BRAD
Old 08-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

try hobbypeople.net , or towerhobbies.com, the only minus of having the yokomo hd oneway, is that it is kind of hard on the dogbones, snaping all but the shiney steel MIP cvd's, I would have liked the orignal ASSOCIATED one(they don't make it any more), but the yokomo hd dose not break.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry I can't recomend something or someplace to get one in Austrailia, but i live in SOUTHERN CA, I would just go to SoCal to get my oneway or hobbypeople or ultimate hobbies
Old 08-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by bubbles
try hobbypeople.net , or towerhobbies.com, the only minus of having the yokomo hd oneway, is that it is kind of hard on the dogbones, snaping all but the shiney steel MIP cvd's, I would have liked the orignal ASSOCIATED one(they don't make it any more), but the yokomo hd dose not break.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry I can't recomend something or someplace to get one in Austrailia, but i live in SOUTHERN CA, I would just go to SoCal to get my oneway or hobbypeople or ultimate hobbies

What are you doing that causes you to snap CVD's using the Yok oneway? We've never had a problem snapping them ...
Old 08-09-2003, 12:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi,
i heard associated were no longer making blue oneways, but had switched back to silver colouring again. firstly, is this true? and if it is, why is this a blue oneway with the new delrin gear??

http://www.carttonic.com/catalog/ind...54,10280,14149

i was thinking it might be another brand in associated packaging or something, but again the delrin gear makes me think it's not

thanks
Old 08-09-2003, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fhubbard
What are you doing that causes you to snap CVD's using the Yok oneway? We've never had a problem snapping them ...
well, when the dots jump in front of me while i was running the blue CVD's with the one way, I would stay on the gas,,,,,,,,and sence the shaft drive has no "cushion", I would snap the bones right off, this is from beginner experences with the TC3.

hey fred, who is this "YOU FLYING POO" that keeps talking smack on you?

oh trippin freddy, the "delrin" gear is a new set of gears for the gearbox of the TC3 from AE, and the oneway is accually an YOKOMO part for the TC3 apperentley imported by AE

I think
or I may be wrong
Old 08-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

bubbles - well yeah at first i thought it might have been the yok one too, but as i said the delrin gears (and looking again it also has some associated grease and instructions) made me think not. but i guess they just added these while they were repackaging?
Old 08-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

YOKOMO ONEWAY IMPORTED BY ASSOCIATED

big box FULL of just oneways, sent here(to Southern California) then packaged at AE
Old 08-09-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Master

Default YOKOMMO ONE WAYS

SO WHAT ARE WE SAYING ARE THE ASSOCIATED ONE WAYS THE YOKOMMO ONES
Old 08-09-2003, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Default PART NUMBER

DOES ANYONE NO THE PART NUMBER FOR THE TC3 YOKOMMO ONE WAY SSEMBLY
Old 08-09-2003, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Default ONEWAY YOKOMO PART NUMBER

OK GUYS NOW I AM CONFUSED THe link down the bottom of this page

this link call it a assembly

I just came from the american yokomo site and it call s up

a) SP-3938-6 HD Front One-way TC3
B)SP-3939-6 TC3 One-Way Ring Gear
C)SP-3976P6 Bearings (TC3/NTC3 HD One-Way)
D)SP-3950C TC3 Clamp Wheel Hubs
E)SP-3950E TC3 EZ Whl Hubs

ARE THESE ALL THE COMPONENTS THAT MAKE UP THE ASSEMBLY AS PER THE LINK OR DO I ONLY NEED SAY A AND B, OR MAYBE JUST A FROM THE LIST ABOVE, VERY CONFUSED NOW????

PLEASE EMAIL ME [email protected]

www.kthobbies.com/store/tc3_parts.htm

Last edited by OHBRAD; 08-09-2003 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speedtechrc.com has the YOK HD oneway. Its right at 50$ USD, and comes with the outdrive cups, the outdrive bearings (since the one-way is metric, your standard diff bearings will not be used) and YOK supplies the ones you need) the one-way hub and the bearings installed, the gear and mounting screws, and six black o rings to place in the outdrive cups to keep them in place. It has a small instruction sheet with it to tell you what to do... small, but effective. One thing it does not tell you is the need to maintain it from one race to another. After race day you need to thoroughly clean it with motor spray, using the outdrive cups to actuate the one-way bearings in the hub. Flush and let dry. Then you need to repack it with a durable grease... I personally use a synthetic wheel bearing grease... placing it on the edge of the hub where the needle bearings are... and work it into the bearing with the drive cup shaft. The synthetic thick grease will give you a durable one-way, as long as you rebuild it on a regular basis. (some people may disagree on my choice of lube because it is so thick, but at 50$ USD a pop, i would rather have a durable one-way than buying a new one every few months because of a trashed hub bearing) Hope this helps...
- Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.