Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: flat dogbone pins?>

Originally posted by Shayd
Anyone run the niftech flat dogbone axles? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Seems like a good idea, but then there are more parts to break or have problems with.

Scott
Shayd - I use the Niftech swivels on my dogbones and driveshaft. I had aluminum drive cups and outdrives that wore out quickly with the stock stuff, but since I added the swivels, I've had a very small amount of wear and I've been running them for 4-5 months now. They're expensive though.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default bearings

i recently had a little problem with my bearings. one of the ones ing the front hub went from decent to incredible flat in no time at all. i have had the RTR (upgraded of coarse) for about a year, and i have never messed with the bearings. should i spring for a new set? flush them out? please help.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

misfit you can make front aluminum hubs
also o and 1 degree toe blocks for the rear.
also a .030 , .040 . 050 spacers that are one piece to go under the shock towers to raise them especially up front when running the rear tower upfront.
you can also make somekind of brace around the motor mount base to prevent warping of the chassis.
also aluminum front kick up blocks and f and r blocks.
aluminum steering rack.
shock spacers to move them out a little further.
hey you can even machine tubs out and sell them also make an upper brace to stiffen up the car for people that machined to much out of the chassis.

good luck
Old 10-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: bearings

Originally posted by tc3rookie
i recently had a little problem with my bearings. one of the ones ing the front hub went from decent to incredible flat in no time at all. i have had the RTR (upgraded of coarse) for about a year, and i have never messed with the bearings. should i spring for a new set? flush them out? please help.
if its just that one Id replace it and clean and lube the rest
Old 10-15-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

ok thanx i'll replace the bearing and try to re-lube the others.

btw... how free should the drivetrain be? i can only get the wheels to turn twice with the motor disconnected, but i've seen others get eight or ten. is there a threashhold for good/bad?
Old 10-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If i take the pinion out of my car the wheels can be spun for 6-7 seconds freely.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Proficar403: Arun, i definitely plan on goin to the Birds again this year... provided work lets me! They are picky about time off... Who do you plan on going with? I will hopefully have a few friends from VA there... so there would be a good pit area full of everything you would need... tire machines, motor lathes, dynos, ETC. You should go ahead and reserve yourself a room... they go REALLY fast! We stayed in a timeshare condo thing and drove back and forth... man was that a pain! 3AM to the track for practice... for 5AM qualifiers Where is the track you goto again in GA? Gimme a link to the site... i will probably come and visit for a race!
- Dave
Old 10-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

If i take the pinion out of my car the wheels can be spun for 6-7 seconds freely.
WOW. My drive train spins freely, but its slows down pretty quickly. I don't think it would spin that long if I removed all the cvds!!!
Old 10-15-2003, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Theres a video knocking around somewhere of someones spinning for 16 seconds. All i did was clean my bearings and a careful rebuild.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default blaster

to clean the bearings i need a bearing blaster or similar, right? i just flush it out and lube it?
Old 10-15-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default 16 seconds?

that video has got to be fake. 16 seconds is really really free. either that or they got a really nice drivetrain. damn.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

16 is not fake, there are some that can get 30+ secs on their tc3s.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

well what i use, is just pop off both seals, and take some motor cleaner, and spray them out, let them sit for about 20 minutes, and grab the canister you put them in and shake it around for 10 or 15 seconds, and take them out, blow them out and put ONE seal back in, put about 2 small drops of sewing machine oil, spin then and install them, put the seal to the outside, run the car about a pack or two, and then put about 2 more drops of oil back into the bearings, and you will be good for about 4 weeks or racing. my drivetrain is VERY smooth, still working on the front diff gear mesh, to get the actual long-spin-time which everyone is obsessed with.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by berger
are these tries with rubber or foam tires?

mine(with rubber tires) will spin for between 11 and 12 seconds freely

the thirty seconds are the people either who just got luckey with a very true and ballenced drivetrain, or the people that just spend time working on that...
Old 10-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default no way...

16 - 30secs when spinning your wheels on a "free" tc3. i can't even see how you could spin it hard enough let along have it spin that long...no matter what bearings and set-up you use.

i've scene alot of nice sponsored guys cars and i don't believe even there's spin that long.

a freed up drive train is nice and will make a minor difference. you could spin the thing for 1 minutes but if you can't drive the thing it won't matter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.