Wiki Posts
Search

2007 IFMAR 1/8 On-Road World Championships: Oct 4-14

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:49 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bart_Banaan
Since Tornado was one of the main sponsors it was very, very wrong to re-use fuel!
Originally Posted by rangulo
I was the one filling my own bottle and almost always it was from a new can. It was always fresh out of the can.
So, what is the truth now?....
Did the mechanics at the end of each heat, needed to put the fuel back in the can they took it from, or did they put it back in a trash can, and was this "used" fuel, re-used, or not?....

Originally Posted by Roelof
"The big problem with the handed out fuel is that the fuel which is left over after a heat must be returned to the racing commission. All the left overs are put together in a tin and during the next heat this 'collection of fuel' is handed out again to the new group of drivers. When there for example two different production batches are mixed or when the fuel is not shaken well before handing out. This could mean that the right mixture can be corrupted and that the fuel is not exactly the mixture what it should be."
Old 10-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M7H
So, what is the truth now?....
Did the mechanics at the end of each heat, needed to put the fuel back in the can they took it from, or did they put it back in a trash can, and was this "used" fuel, re-used, or not?....
Originally Posted by rangulo
...... Because I was the one filling my own bottle and almost always it was from a new can.........
He says it: 'almost always' is quite something different as 'always'.
Rangule did not suffer any consequenses of re-used fuel because he did 'almost' never used it!

What if he found himselve given almost always re-used fuel? We'll never know....
Old 10-17-2007, 04:10 AM
Tech Lord

The only way to be sure it was a fresh can is to pull out the air-seal from the opening, if there was no seal you can not be sure if the can was fresh or was filled with fuel from the bottles.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Listen, You can add anything to the fuel, Have special tires that never loose any rubber, all the light weight stuff you can get.

But the big factor is here you still have to drive the car for 1 hour and finish ahead of everyone else.

I say Congrats to everyone who made the A-Main and special Congrats to Lamberto Collari for his win. After all how many people can say they are 8 time World Champion?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

even if i had the chance to compete in this world class events, and had the privelege to use 30 0r 40% nitro, more powerful motor, undderweigt car and all the best equipment...i still won't be world champion....
Old 10-18-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dlarry
I say Congrats to everyone who made the A-Main and special Congrats to Lamberto Collari for his win. After all how many people can say they are 8 time World Champion?
he can start posing in all his photo shots with both his hands infront of his chest showing 8 fingers gangster/tupac style now.

all he needs now is the ali G clothing and he's set! REZPECT!

photo mischief courtesy of www.moorebankraceway.com
Old 10-18-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TomB
he can start posing in all his photo shots with both his hands infront of his chest showing 8 fingers gangster/tupac style now.

all he needs now is the ali G clothing and he's set! REZPECT!

photo mischief courtesy of www.moorebankraceway.com
ROFLMAO
Old 10-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

hes blocking his big # 8 medallion chain ballin
Old 10-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pooh2
ROFLMAO
Thats Great
Old 10-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys, back to normal after 2 weeks of traveling. I will like to thank all of you for posting nice messages for myself, our drivers and team. Thanks you very much. We really appreciate the support.

First of all congrats to Lamberto and his team. Being able to pull it for the 8th time shows how good he is. He definitely has the driving skills, the preparation, the logistics, the support, the cold blood, the strategy and the luck. So he has the total package and for the 8th time is showing to the world!!

On our side we are very happy with the result. We did everything but winning the event, I know. It’s a pity, and I am sorry if our followers fell disappointed in some way. But still we are proud with the outcome. We Tq the event and Massimo was the fastest in any single run, we had 4 cars in the final and came second place, recovering a lap with the fastest car in the 1 hour main event. We had 7 cars in the semifinals and so on. Quite an accomplishment I must say. Many stories can be told about this year WC, many ifs........ what if Cristiani did not had the problem at the star, what if we where able to get the tires since day one instead of 4 days later, etc. etc. etc But you can't live with the ifs...

Congrats to the whole Team for the effort and performance. We have a good car now, which we will keep developing and improving to make it better everyday...
Old 10-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Guys, back to normal after 2 weeks of traveling. I will like to thank all of you for posting nice messages for myself, our drivers and team. Thanks you very much. We really appreciate the support.

First of all congrats to Lamberto and his team. Being able to pull it for the 8th time shows how good he is. He definitely has the driving skills, the preparation, the logistics, the support, the cold blood, the strategy and the luck. So he has the total package and for the 8th time is showing to the world!!

On our side we are very happy with the result. We did everything but winning the event, I know. It’s a pity, and I am sorry if our followers fell disappointed in some way. But still we are proud with the outcome. We Tq the event and Massimo was the fastest in any single run, we had 4 cars in the final and came second place, recovering a lap with the fastest car in the 1 hour main event. We had 7 cars in the semifinals and so on. Quite an accomplishment I must say. Many stories can be told about this year WC, many ifs........ what if Cristiani did not had the problem at the star, what if we where able to get the tires since day one instead of 4 days later, etc. etc. etc But you can't live with the ifs...

Congrats to the whole Team for the effort and performance. We have a good car now, which we will keep developing and improving to make it better everyday...
good to see you made it back safe paolo .
nice run you and the team
jimmy
Old 10-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

LOL Tomb really funny!

if someone is interested!

http://www.bittydesign.net/homeINGLESE.htm

Old 10-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stefano
LOL Tomb really funny!