Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree353Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-26-2018, 08:58 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho RB6.6 to RB7 conversion kit RB66TORB7 from Conversion Kit

Parts included (and updated list for RB6.6)

UM703B Front Bulkhead

UM753-1B Shock plastic parts set x 2

UM760 Chassis

UM761 Front suspension arms

UM762 Rear suspension arm

UM763 Front hub carrier

UM764 Wing Stay

UM765 Centre bulkhead (waterfall brace)

UM766 Universal joint ring

UM767 Wing

UMB06 Body

UMD05 Decal sheet

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

very nice job. I would like to see it when you are finished.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Made some changes to the geometry so you can fit the gear cover without having to remove any screws on the side bumper, created clearance on the back plate for the rear hinge pin holder, and have quick access to the slipper by reusing the Kyosho gear cover snap in cap. Front and rear cover are in a sprue as well. Ordered the print from an online service and if it fits well it will this version will go on Shapeways and Thingiverse.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

This is cool, I'm looking at getting an Ultimarb, if I do I'm def going to get one of these covers.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Khan48, what's the biggest spur gear it will fit?
Old 01-13-2021, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eric Tomczyk
Khan48, what's the biggest spur gear it will fit?
Not 100% sure as I'm running a 69t for a stock motor. The diameter of the spur area is the same as the stock cover, but there is a flattened area at the bottom where it runs in to the chassis. I think it should fit everything the stock gear does, but the largest size may have clearance issues at the bottom. I'll dig through my spur gears and find the largest i have to test for clearance.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Mocked up the diameter of an 48p 80t spur gear (largest I could find that Kyosho makes) at 43.4mm and it just squeezes in there. Based the size on this calculator: https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/gear_calc.html To get any more clearance you'd have to go below 1mm thick walls which is already quite thin for most materials and printers. If you are getting it SLS printed it could go down to 0.7mm.

Old 01-13-2021, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Kyosho makes an 82t, not sure about anything bigger but I suspect they go up to 87t. The big gears only matter for stadium truck with a modified motor. But the slots in the motor plate will also be a limiting factor. I'm sure a little dremel love will make the 80t work and that is a pretty good range. Thanks for checking.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Ah, I didn't see the 82t option. 82t (44.45mm diameter) does interfere at the bottom but if you dremel the cover it could fit, but it's very tight all around though. If you had 0.7mm walls it should fit fine except at the bottom where you'd still need more dremeling. I'll look into uploading a version with 0.7mm walls once the model is finalized.

If you had an 87t it looks like it might hit the chassis. It must be for rear motor or standup configurations.

Raman likes this.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Final iteration of the gear cover is complete and tested. It can be installed without removing the side bumper and the snap in slipper cover works fine. Slight modification was made with the testing of Arcain41 to accommodate the Avid triad slipper setup by raising the spur area by an additional 2mm. I had mine printed before, so my pics don't have the raised spur.

Link to thingiverse object if you want to download and print or send to an online print service: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4729904
I found Craftcloud to have the best prices if you are okay with slower shipping, its around ~$12 bucks shipped via USPS. Also, if anyone wants one of the prototype pieces I'd be happy to get them to the first takers for the cost of shipping. I have one with the front and back cover and one with the front cover only. Both of them that fit fine, but you'll have to flex out the bumper to install.

Old 01-19-2021, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just finished creating a fan mount if anyone is interested, I'll be loading the stl files up to thingiverse here in the next couple of days

Arcain41 and OffRoadJunkie like this.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Khan48
Final iteration of the gear cover is complete and tested. It can be installed without removing the side bumper and the snap in slipper cover works fine. Slight modification was made with the testing of Arcain41 to accommodate the Avid triad slipper setup by raising the spur area by an additional 2mm. I had mine printed before, so my pics don't have the raised spur.

Link to thingiverse object if you want to download and print or send to an online print service: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4729904
I found Craftcloud to have the best prices if you are okay with slower shipping, its around ~$12 bucks shipped via USPS. Also, if anyone wants one of the prototype pieces I'd be happy to get them to the first takers for the cost of shipping. I have one with the front and back cover and one with the front cover only. Both of them that fit fine, but you'll have to flex out the bumper to install.

This looks great! Ill print this off in the next few days on my ender 3 v2 and let you know how it goes!
OffRoadJunkie likes this.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

i've got the fan mount published to thingiverse for anyone thats interested
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4730810
Khan48, =Arise= and OffRoadJunkie like this.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Nice work brocklee. I designed a similar mount as well, waiting on the part to arrive. One issue I found with using the hole in the back left is that the option brass c block is wider and uses that hole. A fan mount attached to the side pod is the best option I think.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys, new owner of an RB7 here... I'm wondering what the typical basic ride height ought to be out of the box? I'm nearing the end of my build and my ride height front to rear seems waaaay out of whack... like the rear is sitting significantly higher than the front, and from what I can tell I've set everything up exactly as listed in the manual. Should the front/rear by same height by default? (I tried posting a pic but the forum won't let me)... any suggestions would be much appreciated, as I fear I may have installed something wrong but have been racking my brain trying to figure out what.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkranz
Hi guys, new owner of an RB7 here... I'm wondering what the typical basic ride height ought to be out of the box? I'm nearing the end of my build and my ride height front to rear seems waaaay out of whack... like the rear is sitting significantly higher than the front, and from what I can tell I've set everything up exactly as listed in the manual. Should the front/rear by same height by default? (I tried posting a pic but the forum won't let me)... any suggestions would be much appreciated, as I fear I may have installed something wrong but have been racking my brain trying to figure out what.
I found that 22mm front and rear was a good starting point with the kit setup running indoor clay. This may vary a bit from track to track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.