Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree353Likes

Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-26-2018, 08:58 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Ultima RB7 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Kyosho RB6.6 to RB7 conversion kit RB66TORB7 from Conversion Kit

Parts included (and updated list for RB6.6)

UM703B Front Bulkhead

UM753-1B Shock plastic parts set x 2

UM760 Chassis

UM761 Front suspension arms

UM762 Rear suspension arm

UM763 Front hub carrier

UM764 Wing Stay

UM765 Centre bulkhead (waterfall brace)

UM766 Universal joint ring

UM767 Wing

UMB06 Body

UMD05 Decal sheet

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkranz
Hi guys, new owner of an RB7 here... I'm wondering what the typical basic ride height ought to be out of the box? I'm nearing the end of my build and my ride height front to rear seems waaaay out of whack... like the rear is sitting significantly higher than the front, and from what I can tell I've set everything up exactly as listed in the manual. Should the front/rear by same height by default? (I tried posting a pic but the forum won't let me)... any suggestions would be much appreciated, as I fear I may have installed something wrong but have been racking my brain trying to figure out what.
Did you put the long shock ends on the front and the medium shock ends on the rear? I swapped these and saw it was pretty out of wack initially, with way more preload in the front than rear to get the same ride height. Swapped those and the preload should be similar to get the front and rear to the same ride height.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone had any luck using Kimbrough spurs with the direct drive in the rb7ss? I finished my build about two weeks ago and would like to run a 69t spur but the kyosho ones have been sold out and I'm looking for an alternative
Old 01-26-2021, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkranz
Hi guys, new owner of an RB7 here... I'm wondering what the typical basic ride height ought to be out of the box? I'm nearing the end of my build and my ride height front to rear seems waaaay out of whack... like the rear is sitting significantly higher than the front, and from what I can tell I've set everything up exactly as listed in the manual. Should the front/rear by same height by default? (I tried posting a pic but the forum won't let me)... any suggestions would be much appreciated, as I fear I may have installed something wrong but have been racking my brain trying to figure out what.
The RB7 comes with two sets of spring retainers. One set is the original that are taller, and the new ones are much flatter. Try using the flatter ones all around. These get you a lower ride height. And be sure that you are using the same ones all around already. And as Khan mentioned, be sure you are using the right shock bottoms. Also, be sure the right amount of shims are under the rear suspension arm mounts. Too much will give the car too much droop and make the rear need less preload.

But ride height even or the rear slightly higher is what you're aiming for. And as mentioned, 22-24 is a good clay starting point. Check out petitrc for some setup sheets.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys for the tips... will take a look!
Old 01-28-2021, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brocklee
Has anyone had any luck using Kimbrough spurs with the direct drive in the rb7ss? I finished my build about two weeks ago and would like to run a 69t spur but the kyosho ones have been sold out and I'm looking for an alternative
Have you tried looking on Ebay for the gears? I'm not sure about the Kimbrough gears fitting.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-losi-racing-48p-direct-drive-spur-gear-69t-tlr332047/p500991?v=495520

TLR
one is a direct fit fyi
Old 01-29-2021, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks, I'll give those a try. I haven't had any luck with eBay, I've only been able to find the 72t spur.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Thanks, I'll give those a try. I haven't had any luck with eBay, I've only been able to find the 72t spur.
I have the Losi one on my kids RB7SS
Old 01-31-2021, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Are kyosho Rims the same offset as associated rims?
Old 01-31-2021, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psycho02
Are kyosho Rims the same offset as associated rims?
They are very similar and I say that because a lot of the aftermarket companies say wheels that fit the RB7 also fit the Associated vehicles. I tried to use JConcepts wheels but they rubbed on the steering knuckle so I spaced them out .5mm and that seemed to resolve the problem.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hi folks,
For those of you whom have applied the chassis protector sheet, do you make provision for any screw hole openings in the protector sheet?
This is especially for those screws which need to be removed to make tuning adjustments.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:11 PM
Tech Rookie

What is everyone doing for gear diffs? Can't seem to find the kyosho one in stock anywhere.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaren248
What is everyone doing for gear diffs? Can't seem to find the kyosho one in stock anywhere.
These? https://www.ebay.com/itm/19386081211...kcid=28&chn=ps
Old 01-31-2021, 08:31 PM
Tech Rookie

I seen those. I was just seeing if they're was other options before I went that route and have to wait a month to get it.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alana07
Hi folks,
For those of you whom have applied the chassis protector sheet, do you make provision for any screw hole openings in the protector sheet?
This is especially for those screws which need to be removed to make tuning adjustments.
I used to cut around the countersink holes of the screws I thought it was likely I would someday need to get to. Easiest is with an exacto knife before you put the screw in. Since then I've realized how easy it is to peel back the protector on the rare occasions I need to get to a screw so I don't do that anymore. And if you don't cut any of the holes in advance, you can always cut them on an as needed basis when you need to get to them. Better than cutting a bunch of them out ahead of time and never even needing to get to them.

I also noticed that the RB7 and RB7ss look to be sold out at the major online retailers and some are even using the word discontinued. Those who still show them are mostly asking full price or above. Has anyone heard if a replacement is imminent? I hope a replacement is coming especially if the parts can retrofit the existing cars
OffRoadJunkie likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.