Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stonedgti
Any reason why AE BD won't get EFRA approval?
There only would be one as it higher's the Voltage of the lipo. It isn't doing that so I don't see why the speedo would be illegal.
All other things it may do but this is the only thing a speedo may not do.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chris-s
Preferably in red.
hell no Blue is better
Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Can this speedo be used with a mod motor on 1s lipo? I would be using a 4.0 in my 12th scale.. Reason i ask is that ive seen someone use an SPX for the same thing..I sometimes race it with a 10.5 and it is very slow with my SXX, for mod its great....Just wondering if the speedy can handle it?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Can this speedo be used with a mod motor on 1s lipo? I would be using a 4.0 in my 12th scale.. Reason i ask is that ive seen someone use an SPX for the same thing..I sometimes race it with a 10.5 and it is very slow with my SXX, for mod its great....Just wondering if the speedy can handle it?

Thanks
Yes it can handle 1 cell without a rx pack.
Taken from Nexus.
SXX Stock-Spec Brushless Speed Control features:
- Dual ADPC Max Software. Independent adjustment of "Feel" and "Boost" for maximum flexibility and high power.
- Twin BEC. Constant 6V/3A output with 3.0V to 7.4V batteries. No need for receiver battery for 1S LiPo or 4-cell NiMH Batteries.
- Revolutionary Internal Temp Check System 3. Allows you to read the maximum internal temperature for both the speed control and motor.
- AutoCell System 2 (3.0V to 7.4V input voltage). Fully adjustable cut-off system for all types of cells.
- Extra Small Size. 30 x 34 x 21mm for easy installation in most vehicles.
- C3 Technology. Revolutionary Copper Core Cooling technology for lowest-running temperature.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3

Thanks
Yes it can handle 1 cell without a rx pack.
Taken from Nexus.
SXX Stock-Spec Brushless Speed Control features:
- Dual ADPC Max Software. Independent adjustment of "Feel" and "Boost" for maximum flexibility and high power.
- Twin BEC. Constant 6V/3A output with 3.0V to 7.4V batteries. No need for receiver battery for 1S LiPo or 4-cell NiMH Batteries.
- Revolutionary Internal Temp Check System 3. Allows you to read the maximum internal temperature for both the speed control and motor.
- AutoCell System 2 (3.0V to 7.4V input voltage). Fully adjustable cut-off system for all types of cells.
- Extra Small Size. 30 x 34 x 21mm for easy installation in most vehicles.
- C3 Technology. Revolutionary Copper Core Cooling technology for lowest-running temperature.
But you should keep in mind, that although the Stock speedo's can be used with a 4.0 motor, you should put the power program down a notch. Same as it was with the SPX. When you race a mod motor on a high power program you'll simply burn up your electrics.. And I guess you don't want to do that
Old 01-14-2010, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson
But you should keep in mind, that although the Stock speedo's can be used with a 4.0 motor, you should put the power program down a notch. Same as it was with the SPX. When you race a mod motor on a high power program you'll simply burn up your electrics.. And I guess you don't want to do that
Cool thanks for that, Yea ill turn the speedy settings down. There already down on the SXX so ill just do the same if i end up getting this speedo.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Burney
ok whats the uk rumored arrival then ?????
+1
Old 01-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Rick - Will we still have the limitation of which profiles we can run with the X-12 motors like we do with the SPX? Or will LRP have profiles built for the X-12 Stock motors for us to use?

oh.. and the blue... it is so much better...

Last edited by Chris Furman; 01-16-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Chris Furman;6862851]Rick - Will we still have the limitation of which profiles we can run with the X-12 motors like we do with the SPX? Or will LRP have profiles built for the X-12 Stock motors for us to use?

oh.. and the blue... it is so much better...

The SXX St. Spec is made to be optimized with the current range of LRP motors, so both the normal X12 as the new Octawind will work perfectly with the new speedo's.

You shouldn't forget that the SXX Stock Spec. is not just a software upgrade to the SPX, but that it's an updated version of the SXX specifically designed for stock.

Last edited by Rick Thomson; 01-17-2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Deleted the photos from the quote.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Do anyone know when it will be in the shops?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dartvidar
That's THE question !!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dartvidar
That's a surprise I guess At least, I haven't heard any official announcements about the release date. But it can be that much longer, since LRP often releases their products in time for the new summer season.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

That's a surprise I guess At least, I haven't heard any official announcements about the release date. But it can be that much longer, since LRP often releases their products in time for the new summer season.
I have to add, that Associated has announced that it will be available in jan 2010 in the US. So most likely it will be the same for the other continents.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

I have to add, that Associated has announced that it will be available in jan 2010 in the US. So most likely it will be the same for the other continents.
My source in Germany said mid Jan a month ago, now he says around beginning of Feb.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
My source in Germany said mid Jan a month ago, now he says around beginning of Feb.

Interesting.. Speedtechrc.com just posted an exact arrival date of 1/28.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.