Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Drew Ellis ran them at the birds in all his cars and was fast. Joe Trandell ran them in his cars and he almost won 12th 17.5 (probably most competitive class there) and Chicky was fast with his in all classes as well. I think the main reason you didnt hear a lot about them is quite a few people bought them and were waiting to put them in and heard of a few guys having stuttering problems and returned them to the shop. Those that did run them really liked them. I also ran one in my TC and tested in my 12th scale as well. It was too late in the week to run it in my 12th scale the whole time as I didnt have time to figure the gearing out. But in TC it had the best throttle response and feel of all the speedo's I tried (Tekin, AE, LRP).

EA
For your 1/12 scale testing, did you run without a booster/rx pack? If you did, wondering what your thought and if you noticed any issues without the booster/rx pack.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
For your 1/12 scale testing, did you run without a booster/rx pack? If you did, wondering what your thought and if you noticed any issues without the booster/rx pack.

Yes I ran with no booster or receiver pack and I know Drew Ellis ran this way in 10.5 all weekend as well with no issues.

EA
Old 02-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Apex
For mod sedan 2s lipo, is it best to run the SXX TC Spec or will the SXX Stock Spec be fine?
For mod you should use the SXX TC Spec
Old 02-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Thanks. Now though, the question is what can we expect in terms of added performance. I find it frustrating that I have found no mention of this new ESC being able to perform on par with its competitors. Have there been no successful tests? I have been loyal to LRP for a very long time and want to continue this, but I hate to be let down again as I was with my two SPX's. Come someone give us some real world info on the performance gains if any.
The SXX SS has won the last two big races in Europe (DHI cup and last ETS round)...
Old 02-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

what is the motor limit on the SXX Stock Spec? is it the same as the SPX??
Old 02-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Thanks. Now though, the question is what can we expect in terms of added performance. I find it frustrating that I have found no mention of this new ESC being able to perform on par with its competitors. Have there been no successful tests? I have been loyal to LRP for a very long time and want to continue this, but I hate to be let down again as I was with my two SPX's. Come someone give us some real world info on the performance gains if any.
Originally Posted by or8ital
Didn't they place well at Snowbirds? Several podium finishes?
Stock 12th
2nd

WGT

Rubber 13.5

10.5 12th

mod rubber
2nd

Pretty much all the speedos that were at the race we in the A main. There were some for sale at the hobbyshop but I don't know how many of them actually ran the speedo at the event.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
what is the motor limit on the SXX Stock Spec? is it the same as the SPX??
go to www.lrp.cc and you can find the spec there (look in the 2010 catalog they have online)
Old 02-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mutley001
Hi Guys

I'm in need of a starting point with regard to profiles and gearing for 10.5running rubber TC indoors on carpet approx 80' straight. - I'm hopefully picking up my ss at a club meeting tonight!

Thanks

Paul
Well got hold of the SS and ran it tonight:-
As suggested I kept the factory settings for "Feel" and "Boost" at 3 and the car was like a rocket but boy does the motor get hot (118*C!!!!) I didn't want to risk increasing the profiles.
In an effort to reduce the temps I reduced the timing on the motor to -10* (4 dot insert) and geared it at 8.01 FDR on a track that flows well and has a 80foot straight (Maritme Raceway in Chatham Kent - Don't know if you know it at all) but this only took the temps back to 109*C
The ESC performed flawlessly but i was just concerned about the motor temps and if there was maybe a better setup to try? Should I alter the gearing even further, maybe try closer to 9.0 FDR? (I was running 6.9 with the SXX TC Spec ESC and this motor with temps at 79*C in the same car).
What are your thoughts guys? - I can't be the only one running the SXX SS with 10.5 X12 in TC any one else had any experiences yet?

Thanks for the PM Alex but that sounds a bit scary running those profiles considering the temps I was getting at 3!

Cheers

Paul
Old 02-11-2010, 05:00 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by mutley001
Well got hold of the SS and ran it tonight:-
As suggested I kept the factory settings for "Feel" and "Boost" at 3 and the car was like a rocket but boy does the motor get hot (118*C!!!!) I didn't want to risk increasing the profiles.
In an effort to reduce the temps I reduced the timing on the motor to -10* (4 dot insert) and geared it at 8.01 FDR on a track that flows well and has a 80foot straight (Maritme Raceway in Chatham Kent - Don't know if you know it at all) but this only took the temps back to 109*C
The ESC performed flawlessly but i was just concerned about the motor temps and if there was maybe a better setup to try? Should I alter the gearing even further, maybe try closer to 9.0 FDR? (I was running 6.9 with the SXX TC Spec ESC and this motor with temps at 79*C in the same car).
What are your thoughts guys? - I can't be the only one running the SXX SS with 10.5 X12 in TC any one else had any experiences yet?

Thanks for the PM Alex but that sounds a bit scary running those profiles considering the temps I was getting at 3!

Cheers

Paul
When we were testing we also saw the high motor temps. Installed a fan and the motor dropped 50F. I was very surprised that it made that big a change. I think that with the way the SCs and motors are running now it will be a necessity to have a fan on the motor.

The 0000 dot timing is needed when using the SXXSS and I think you are fairly close on gearing. Gearing down will not drop the motor temps much if at all. Once we started running the fan we actually were able to start gearing up and the motor still only ran 165F. We wired the fan directly to the main battery not through the rx, more voltage= more airflow.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

50f drop is huge just by installing a fan.

ive been playing around with fan setups lately, 2x 25mm, 1x 40mm hard wired directly to batt and best I got was around 10f drop.

what sort of fan are you using?
Old 02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Where do you guys place the fans? Behind the motor, blowing towards it?
Old 02-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys...I have a MK1 from GS Hobbies(snowbirds?)Yes it does stutter at times.As I bought it from the US(I am in Australia) do I send it to the US distributor or Germany?
As for perfomance...I run 17.5 rubber on Tarmac...with the SPX I was running 48.69 rollout...I went down to 36.1(7 teeth on 48 pitch)I am still testing but with feel and boost at10!! it was as quick as another guy with a tekin but looked smoother.I run an LRP heatsink fan on the motor and it temped at a max of 60 degrees.will let you know after futher testing and a race or 2.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I use this fan (below) mounted behind the motor blowing at it. I've never gotten a 50 degree drop. I can get 40 with it plugged directly to the battery. Through the receiver it drops it about 30-35 degrees.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUDN1&P=FR
Old 02-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
For mod you should use the SXX TC Spec
Can the tc spec or stock spec run sensorless motor?
Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ronaldo-1234
Can the tc spec or stock spec run sensorless motor?

Nope!!!

Does anyone know when we can expect the next batch in the US??

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.