Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

No, but I know not every copy of Windows running out there is legit. And I know that Hotwire won't run on XP lower than Sp2.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Im having a problem with 189 (or lack of).

I installed the Hotwire software that was supposed to include it. When I click View Versions it showed my current version of 183 and just 180 and 178 as available version. Messing around I went back to 180 on my esc and lost 183. How do I get 189 to show and get it applied to the ESC?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

v.189 is not released yet to the public (I think)

Its still in the testing phase.

You should go to www.teamtekin.com and download the latest version that is released.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dgullickson
v.189 is not released yet to the public (I think)

Its still in the testing phase.

You should go to www.teamtekin.com and download the latest version that is released.
I got it from my local team driver. File is TekinHotWireBeta2_9_RS_189.zip

any help? I should mention I get the boost slider, just dont get the firmware version
Old 12-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by or8ital

any help?
Try uninstalling the old version entirely and then installing the version in that file? That did the trick for me when I had the older version installed.

In other news, I dragged a $2000 laptop to the track last night so I could tune my $150 ESC. A few of the guys around me saw the software, and gave me a sh*t all night for saying anything unkind about the interface. They thought the giant X was dialed, and said I was a jerk for naysaying it. So, there you have it. I'm the vocal minority, the last great shock of the year. :-)
Old 12-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

any help? I should mention I get the boost slider, just dont get the firmware version

If you have a previous version completely uninstall it, then install the one that is v.189, that should do the trick - it worked for me.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

If you have a previous version completely uninstall it, then install the one that is v.189, that should do the trick - it worked for me.
That is what I did. It actually won't let you "upgrade". It gives a msg saying you should uninstall before it will let you install. Hmmmm
Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

That is what I did. It actually won't let you "upgrade". It gives a msg saying you should uninstall before it will let you install. Hmmmm

Then you did not completely remove, you have to do it though control panel and go into Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features(Vista) and highlight it and select uninstall. I always reboot afterward but that is a personal choice, unless it prompts you to do so..

If that doesnt work, shoot me a PM and I can help get you going
Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Then you did not completely remove, you have to do it though control panel and go into Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features(Vista) and highlight it and select uninstall. I always reboot afterward but that is a personal choice, unless it prompts you to do so..

If that doesnt work, shoot me a PM and I can help get you going
Did that and the folder was complete removed. I will send you a PM. I tried another uninstall/install and still no luck.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Team Tekin

Sounds like you have Vista64? Unfortunately it sometimes hides a backup copy of the data base in a secret place that must be removed. Usually doing a uninstall thru windows, not just deleting the folder, then rebooting then reinstall will take care of it. If not we have to walk you down to where the file is and delete manually. Thank microsoft..... Contact Randy and he can walk you thru it quickly. It is also explained pretty good in our forum I believe. We might have lost that thread however when we recently got hacked and had to change forums.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Sounds like you have Vista64? Unfortunately it sometimes hides a backup copy of the data base in a secret place that must be removed. Usually doing a uninstall thru windows, not just deleting the folder, then rebooting then reinstall will take care of it. If not we have to walk you down to where the file is and delete manually. Thank microsoft..... Contact Randy and he can walk you thru it quickly. It is also explained pretty good in our forum I believe. We might have lost that thread however when we recently got hacked and had to change forums.
He is running 32bit, I am currently on IM with him helping him resolve this issue.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I too, would like to thank Chris Cooper with helping setup up my Tekin system the first time. He knowledge and understanding of how the ESC works makes learning the package easy. I have seen great increases in laptimes and total laps by setting personal bests in both over the past two weekends. He is definitely a great asset to Team Tekin.

Originally Posted by bucatl
I'll like to thank Chris Cooper for his great assistance at the Nexus Track in Atlanta, ga. this past weekend. I just bought the rs pro and the 17.5 for my 12 scale and he helped me set everything up. It was awesome. I'm trying to get the gears right, but my car was extremely fast. He is an awesome team member for tekin because he offers so much attention to all drivers and he also has a great attitude.

Shawn Buchanan
Old 12-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Team Tekin

Noted... Chris is a stud. That is what we really want from our team more than podiums. Making friends and helping people really enjoy their racing.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
32bit Vista. Yeah something definately seems to be caching somewhere. May be that file. Ive uninstalled and installed a dozen times already. The Program Files\Tekin Hotwire folder goes away completely on each uninstalled. Reboot in between each. I will see if I can find that file.

I installed the version I have on my wife's PC and it worked just fine.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

That post must have been removed from the forum. There is reference to a thread called "Software update show old versions" but no such thread on the forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.