Search

A couple questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default A couple questions...

Hey guys and girls,

I hope I don't get pinged for this. But I have a couple questions as to the events of the roar race this past weekend. Let me first say I do not nor do I really plan on reading the rule book for roar as I plan to never run a roar race.

But some of the things I heard going on this weekend just seem outrageous to me. From dqing drivers for not having grill and headlight stickers on truggy bodies to tire measurements. I know of a wing issue and then the main thing that just really got me and it is the main question I would like answered is. How can 2 drivers go through tech 4 times same brand buggy both pass each time but then the 5 th time they get dqed that round. But when questioned as to how they could pass 4 times then suddenly they won't pass they get no answer. is this usual roar practices?

Not tring to start a flame war just would like some answers for myself as I tend to be a curious person.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do you know why they were dq'ed the 4th time?
Old 06-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyc1127
Hey guys and girls,

I hope I don't get pinged for this. But I have a couple questions as to the events of the roar race this past weekend. Let me first say I do not nor do I really plan on reading the rule book for roar as I plan to never run a roar race.

But some of the things I heard going on this weekend just seem outrageous to me. From dqing drivers for not having grill and headlight stickers on truggy bodies to tire measurements. I know of a wing issue and then the main thing that just really got me and it is the main question I would like answered is. How can 2 drivers go through tech 4 times same brand buggy both pass each time but then the 5 th time they get dqed that round. But when questioned as to how they could pass 4 times then suddenly they won't pass they get no answer. is this usual roar practices?

Not tring to start a flame war just would like some answers for myself as I tend to be a curious person.

I know the head light and grill thing is a rule in the rule book. Pretty sure Clear windows is a rule as well.

As for the other car not passing and not getting a reason why, I kinda find that hard to believe. Why would anyone not tell a driver why the car did not pass tech?

Just like any form of racing, its always best to read all of the rules prior to attending the event. If you dont like the way the rules are laid out, then do not attend. With that said, the responsibility of ROAR is to enforce these rules with out bias and with out randomly changing them in the middle of event.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

The reason he got dq'ed was they said the front was to wide.

The question IS " How can he go through tech 4 times and it pass, and making NO changes or adjustments it is dq'ed the 5th and upon reinspection a car with the SAME issue he was dq'ed for passes"
Old 06-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

The question IS " How can he go through tech 4 times and it pass, and making NO changes or adjustments it is dq'ed the 5th and upon reinspection a car with the SAME issue he was dq'ed for passes"
My bad, apparently I cant read lol
Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by toyoter91
My bad, apparently I cant read lol
it's ok we all make mistakes.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

it's ok we all make mistakes.
But my guess the reason it failed and then passed is lack of testing process consistency by the dudes in tech.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by toyoter91
But my guess the reason it failed and then passed is lack of testing process consistency by the dudes in tech.
it passed several times THEN failed. but like you said tech consistency may need to be looked into. I was and am hoping a ROAR official will chime in and answer this for me. I know they troll on here.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Lord

Technical inspection does not always check everything so probably when they were caught thet checked something new compared with the first 4 times?

Aslo an accident on the track can bend a wing, wheel or suspension....
Old 06-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
Technical inspection does not always check everything so probably when they were caught thet checked something new compared with the first 4 times?

Aslo an accident on the track can bend a wing, wheel or suspension....
Meh. I could buy that. But not 4 times in a row.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Something as simple as a different type of tire can change a vehicle's width. A change to toe-in and negative camber will affect the width as well.

Like mentioned, sometimes tech will check a different aspect of the car's each round. On one they might check width and weight, Other's wing height or body height, and sometimes it might be a spot check of the top three, top 5, etc.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I watched a lot of vehicles get "techd" at the ROAR race. What I can say is that the crew doing the tech had a few templates they used to measure vehicle width and height, wing dimensions and tire size. They also had a scale to measure weight and a device to measure fuel capacity.

The templates were brushed over the chassis and tires very quickly. I didn't see a single car get remeasured (50+ cars that I watched). I did however see multiple cars get re-weighed. After talking with some of the Pro's (some who got DQ'd) weight was the main factor. Lots of people changing bodies from round to round and tire wear were the main factors with weight IMO.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Some just don't get it,I'm out!!!!