Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Car Help...... Choices >

Car Help...... Choices

Car Help...... Choices

Old 06-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Car Help...... Choices

I have been looking into getting a new car. I used to have a tki3. I have been hinting at going back to the tki3 or trying the new 3.0, but the mbx7 has caught my eye as well.

Please let me know in your opinion the pros and cons of each if you have driven these. I would like to see what people think about each compared to my opinion.

thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

This is a bad question to ask as everyone will give you different answers on why their car is best.. Short, easy answer is you cannot go wrong with any of the 3 you listed. Buy whatever car you can get parts for the easiest.

Here are some links to other threads where this similar question has been asked, all turn out the same way

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...x7-vs-xb9.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...osho-tki3.html

For me, i run a TKI3 because I have great parts/setup support locally, quality is great, and car is a dream to drive out of the box. No hopups needed. For me it is a no brainer

There are a few guys locally running the Mbx7, and are wicked fast as well. Quality is also great on the mugens.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ovalracer1m View Post
This is a bad question to ask as everyone will give you different answers on why their car is best.. Short, easy answer is you cannot go wrong with any of the 3 you listed. Buy whatever car you can get parts for the easiest.

Here are some links to other threads where this similar question has been asked, all turn out the same way

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...x7-vs-xb9.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...osho-tki3.html

For me, i run a TKI3 because I have great parts/setup support locally, quality is great, and car is a dream to drive out of the box. No hopups needed. For me it is a no brainer

There are a few guys locally running the Mbx7, and are wicked fast as well. Quality is also great on the mugens.

I completely understand. We have parts availability for any car. we have 5 hobby shops locally. I am trying to see if people feel as if one you can be more aggressive with, or one may fly better. kind of looking for those that have driven all at some point and get a brief over view of each. Not realy what their favorite is
Old 06-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

I bought first mbx7 when it's released, never could set it up for my liking . Now I'm driving losi 3.0 and happy with it . Mugen part quality is much better than Losi but I'm faster with losi. Try each of them and make your own choice !
Old 06-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alport78 View Post
Try each of them and make your own choice !
BINGO!!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Xray XB9......
Old 06-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rapidredline View Post
I have been looking into getting a new car. I used to have a tki3. I have been hinting at going back to the tki3 or trying the new 3.0, but the mbx7 has caught my eye as well.

Please let me know in your opinion the pros and cons of each if you have driven these. I would like to see what people tut each compared to my opinion.

thanks
From looking at your signature everything you own is Associated. I hate to say it but you may as well buy the buggy since you already have an Ebuggy and Truggy. It's a lot cheaper in the long run and the handling characteristics will be similar. Just my $0.02 remember it just a hobby and buy what you want. So, no matter what choice you make your going to wish you bought something else....
Old 06-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
From looking at your signature everything you own is Associated. I hate to say it but you may as well buy the buggy since you already have an Ebuggy and Truggy. It's a lot cheaper in the long run and the handling characteristics will be similar. Just my $0.02 remember it just a hobby and buy what you want. So, no matter what choice you make your going to wish you bought something else....
I have a nitro 8.2. Looking for something diff.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rapidredline View Post
I am trying to see if people feel as if one you can be more aggressive with, or one may fly better.
Absolutely TKI3! Less finicky with setups, your base setup will cover most tracks with only small adjustments, jumps "faster" - by that I mean it actually does not jump as high as the mugen, it jumps forward not upward as much, hard to explain it, you just get less altitude.

I also feel the TKI3 has a lot more rear traction, but the Mugen has more natural rotation so on tight tracks that might help.

I think what should be your decider is your driving skill.
If you run in to things occasionally - buy Mugen
If you can run 20 minutes without hitting anything - buy Kyosho

The Kyosho is more fragile.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

On that list Mugen or kyosho. I recently started running a kyosho truggy and absolutely love it. The kyosho will be a little more maintenance heavy but they look great on the track. Personally I went with the xb9 as I don't like cars that break easily (just my opinion). Earlier this year at the dirt nitro challenge Elliot boots had it in the bag after the 1st 5 mins he was pulling away very quickly with his mp9, but then it suffered a broken arm and well you cant win with a broken arm... I also saw many Mugen cars pulled off the track with broken arms as well. I drove a 7 for a few laps and it is a very nice drive, but again you can't finish with broken parts...
Old 06-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

I bought a nib kyosho
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If parts are not an issue and if you are wanting to competitively race cars, then go with what you know. Arguably Kyosho is the best with the most off road championships with Mugen following. I personally like the Xb9 but used to run a mugen (6R) it was a great car but for my aggressive style it didn't suit well when I would push. I also ran the Losi(2.0) and it was a very aggressive car as well. A few people run the Kyosho and their complaints as Frank said they do seem to break quite often. The Mugen Mbx7 seems to do well in Vietnam and many love it but I think most of that is that they are used to Mugen as most ran the 6R versions. If you want aggressive then try Losi, I have not tried the 3.0 but I am sure it is similar and very aggressive like their 2.0 if you want something you know what to do with then stick with Kyosho or as in your tag line stick with AE. All the top cars are good mills, some do suit drivers better than others and for me I think the Xray and Losi are the most aggressive of the bunch followed by Kyosho and AE with Mugen just being a more stable and fluid car
Old 06-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Where do you guys think the D812 would rank?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brooklynny View Post
Where do you guys think the D812 would rank?
It is a good car, probably around AE, Losi and Xray with Kyosho and Mugen at the top, but again that is based on WC not just national level titles. Xray is probably the strongest, many say Losi plastic sucks but I NEVER broke anything plastic and on my Xb9 I have broken quite a few things and I started racing with the Losi. Trust me when I say I have hit things WAY harder with my Losi and never had issues with breakage. The older D8's seem to do good in Vietnam and are pretty strong, but the quality doesn't look as good to me and when I tried one I didn't really like it. It was good but just didn't feel as stable to me.
I am no Hara or Tessman (met Hara at the Asian championship) and you have to also look at the worlds HB did very good at the worlds. That should say something about HB as a car
Old 06-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Xb9, mbx6r, tki3, 8.2, xb9 2013, eight.3 sold halfway through the build, if u could get a d812 im sure u would try that buying new kits doesnt make u a better driver pick one car and stick with it and learn how it drives and how to set it up, u dogged on tki3 for weak a arms now u have another u owned all these cars in 2 months not long enough to give any one a fair chance pick the one u like best and stick with it not what other people tell u

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.