Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by qstorm777
I use the manual to get part numbers and search in amain, etc. by part number. Don't trust what's on the website as far as deciding what fits.
Yeah well I have to learn the hard way I guess.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yea I always check the Manual P/N versus the website to make sure its right. There's been times they had the wrong description or off by a number. When its a parts warehouse that big carrying that many parts sometimes you have to double check.

I'm curious though if you have the .3 buggy and sounds like a new build, how come already ordering shock shafts??
Old 03-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snwchris
Yea I always check the Manual P/N versus the website to make sure its right. There's been times they had the wrong description or off by a number. When its a parts warehouse that big carrying that many parts sometimes you have to double check.

I'm curious though if you have the .3 buggy and sounds like a new build, how come already ordering shock shafts??
I was running it in my backyard track and then when I took it in the rear shock was not smooth so I took it apart. Then after I took it apart I realized that my shock shaft was bent. I have only about >6 hours of run time on it too.
Old 03-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The rear shock shafts seem to be an issue. I have bent several on my .3. Never bent one on my .2.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Have any of you guys bent a rear shock shaft besides me and MX304?
Old 03-07-2016, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

So far so good after (4) practice sessions, for both myself and my (7) yr old first time racer, and a full race day. Though I will say this new platform is so stable/predictable that I require very little marshaling. I haven't experienced many bad spills is what I'm getting at.

Nothing but smiley faces and thumbs up from this guy!
Old 03-07-2016, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcjunky10
So far so good after (4) practice sessions, for both myself and my (7) yr old first time racer, and a full race day. Though I will say this new platform is so stable/predictable that I require very little marshaling. I haven't experienced many bad spills is what I'm getting at.

Nothing but smiley faces and thumbs up from this guy!
yeah that's how I was. Every time I came off the driver stand I had a big smile on my face. Was flat out awesome.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Having been away for the better part of (2) years - what a welcoming platform to come back to. Car made me look like I hadn't missed (too) many steps. But really the most enjoyment I've had is watching my little man wheel his, especially when he links a few nice sections together. RC at its purest!

I built his, a fully converted .2 with the Bornhorst setup, while putting the box stock on my freshly built .3. Truth be told I haven't run his yet, gotta let him break her in, but the box setup isn't bad. At a race this past weekend the car was great in the infield but wanted to traction roll in some of the high speed sweepers. No worries, a slight move of the rear shock location on the tower and she settled down while still maintaining speed in those pesky sections.

What's most amazing is how WELL this car rotates. Blip the throttle and the back end makes itself around in a controlled fashion and tucks in nicely as you accelerate out of the turn. I'll try the Bornhorst setup this week now that I've a dozen or so packs through the stock setup (upgrades include Delrin shock inserts, TiNi shock shafts).

Looking forward to the next outing....cheers boys and good racing to you all!
Old 03-07-2016, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
The rear shock shafts seem to be an issue. I have bent several on my .3. Never bent one on my .2.
Same here... well, i only bent one, but it happened relatively quickly. I have some spares now. Never bent one on my SCT410.3... I think the longer shock shafts must be part of the issue.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

What's everyone liking for shock setups these days?
Old 03-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo
Same here... well, i only bent one, but it happened relatively quickly. I have some spares now. Never bent one on my SCT410.3... I think the longer shock shafts must be part of the issue.
How do you have the shocks angled? I just realized I didn't start bending them until I leaned them in on the tower to the next to inner most hole. I'm thinking that between the angle, potential for binding, and the high shock shaft speeds that it could be part of the problem.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MX304
How do you have the shocks angled? I just realized I didn't start bending them until I leaned them in on the tower to the next to inner most hole. I'm thinking that between the angle, potential for binding, and the high shock shaft speeds that it could be part of the problem.
I have only bent one shock shaft and it was only because I under shot the jump....It all depends how the impact is ...the position of the shock isn't going to save the shock from potential damage. Tune for performance 👍🏻

I'd recommend the derlin insert and tini shafts for better performance and better durability 👌🏻👌🏻
Old 03-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Battery Question

Hi all im speccing out my first ebuggy and trying to decide between these batteries and thats the only difference i see. Does that make a difference and or is there any battery you guys recommend over the other or are they very comparable. Ill be running this with a trackstar 2100kv motor / esc and a protek 130 servo

protek-rc-4s-supreme-power-lipo-100c-hard-case-battery-pack-14.8v-3250mah-

reedy-wolfpack-gen2-4s-hard-case-lipo-battery-pack-35c-14.8v-4000mah
Old 03-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CJH 22
I have only bent one shock shaft and it was only because I under shot the jump....It all depends how the impact is ...the position of the shock isn't going to save the shock from potential damage. Tune for performance 👍🏻

I'd recommend the derlin insert and tini shafts for better performance and better durability 👌🏻👌🏻
I have the delrin parts, and I was tuning for performance. It just seems weird that I went from not bending any, to now bending 3 in two trips to the track after changing my setup. No big crashes or anything
Old 03-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by caffeine357
Hi all im speccing out my first ebuggy and trying to decide between these batteries and thats the only difference i see. Does that make a difference and or is there any battery you guys recommend over the other or are they very comparable. Ill be running this with a trackstar 2100kv motor / esc and a protek 130 servo

protek-rc-4s-supreme-power-lipo-100c-hard-case-battery-pack-14.8v-3250mah-

reedy-wolfpack-gen2-4s-hard-case-lipo-battery-pack-35c-14.8v-4000mah
I would personally recommend smc...best bang for your buck and power is great and affordable. I believe smc 3600 is $40 and a 4500 is a tad more ... Great products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.