Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now I got my own MI3 too...lovely peice of kit

Discovered an interesting thing tonight; compared the 6 cell chassis vs. the 5 cell version and as I expected, the 5 cell version was heavier (3,7 grams to be exact), but what surprised me is that the 5 cell chassis is 5mm wider than the 6 cell chassis. How come? Guess it has something to do with balance, but it still puzzles me a bit.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

the cells are further out on the chassi so thats why it is wider
Old 07-06-2007, 06:56 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
Now I got my own MI3 too...lovely peice of kit

Discovered an interesting thing tonight; compared the 6 cell chassis vs. the 5 cell version and as I expected, the 5 cell version was heavier (3,7 grams to be exact), but what surprised me is that the 5 cell chassis is 5mm wider than the 6 cell chassis. How come? Guess it has something to do with balance, but it still puzzles me a bit.
Yes, the batteries are 3mm further out and about a half cell further back. This is to get the corner weights equal and the fore-and-aft weight bias we are looking for
Old 07-06-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Yes, the batteries are 3mm further out and about a half cell further back. This is to get the corner weights equal and the fore-and-aft weight bias we are looking for
PW...thanks for your hard work and sharing with us your set-ups...especially the RROC '07 set-up...its really good- I just wonder if you have tried or will be willing to try working on a great set-up for those who run their Mi3's on asphalt w/ rubber tires, but use Lipo packs, instead of the 5/6 cell nimh. As you know, the Orion 4800 pack is 257g, compared to a 440g IB 4200 6 cell pack, and using the Lipo pack will definitely call for a bit different set-up than those running the heavy 6 cell nimh packs.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:32 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
PW...thanks for your hard work and sharing with us your set-ups...especially the RROC '07 set-up...its really good- I just wonder if you have tried or will be willing to try working on a great set-up for those who run their Mi3's on asphalt w/ rubber tires, but use Lipo packs, instead of the 5/6 cell nimh. As you know, the Orion 4800 pack is 257g, compared to a 440g IB 4200 6 cell pack, and using the Lipo pack will definitely call for a bit different set-up than those running the heavy 6 cell nimh packs.
Unfortunately there is very little club racing in Tampa and I normally take the weekends off from R/C anyway. When I do race it's bigger races and they don't allow LiPo. Keep in mind my RROC setup is for 5-cell which is a little lighter anways

However, Adrain ran his car with the new Schumacher Core-RC LiPo last month and didn't change the setup at all and his car was really dialed
Old 07-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Paul,

Do you have those Core LiPo packs for sale at Schuie yet?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Did that new parts shipment get to Schumacher USA yet?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Unfortunately there is very little club racing in Tampa and I normally take the weekends off from R/C anyway. When I do race it's bigger races and they don't allow LiPo. Keep in mind my RROC setup is for 5-cell which is a little lighter anways

However, Adrain ran his car with the new Schumacher Core-RC LiPo last month and didn't change the setup at all and his car was really dialed
yes your RROC set up for 5 cells is great!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So far, in the built, I've gotten to the drive shaft which, i'm afraid, is rather poorly built. No lubrication had been used and too much threadlock had resulted in completely jammed up drive shafts. All of them. In the process of prying them apart which aint easy due to all the threadlock.
Why not just include them unassembled when everyone disassembles them anyway?

Other than that it's going fine
Old 07-06-2007, 11:32 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
Paul,

Do you have those Core LiPo packs for sale at Schuie yet?
Just arrived today! LiPo packs are now in stock!!!!

Did that new parts shipment get to Schumacher USA yet?
Yes

I've gotten to the drive shaft which, i'm afraid, is rather poorly built. No lubrication had been used and too much threadlock had resulted in completely jammed up drive shafts. All of them. In the process of prying them apart which aint easy due to all the threadlock.
Why not just include them unassembled when everyone disassembles them anyway?
We didn't no about the loc-tite issue until they were "all" assembled. It took more than 24hrs before they dried and bound up. The people packing the kits didn't know any better and away they went. The problem is resolved with the loc-tite and pins and they should be back in stock very soon.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by protc3
hey paul,

i have a serious problem with my car.every time i go into a tight corner my car lifts an inside rear wheel and lets out a real loud farting sound.it is very similar to a "one cheek sneek" after 8 beers and a jar of pickled goose eggs.is this normal?

thanks alot for the help.i really value your oppinion on this issue.
Actually it's not as serious as you may think. We find it very common for off-road racers (like yourself) to get their diff grease and KY bottles mixed up. Clean out your KY oil and rebuilt your diff using the proper diff grease.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Actually it's not as serious as you may think. We find it very common for off-road racers (like yourself) to get their diff grease and KY bottles mixed up. Clean out your KY oil and rebuilt your diff using the proper diff grease.
lmao
Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
rotflmao
Old 07-06-2007, 02:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
How so?
Andrew you'll nned to shim the wheel axle before you put it in the bearing. In other words the shims will be on the inside not the wheel side.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Oh that's good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.