Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by V-One S
Thats an area of controversy, ill stick with my method, as my dad told me the same as i had posted.
Plus a few of the websites say tuned the low first, but some say top-end.

Its very controversial
its not an area of controversy, bottem line the main (top) needel lets the amount of fule into the carb as what u have set it as, u will noit get any more fule in the bottem end than what the top end needel is letting in.( u wouldn never need more fule in the bottem than the top end needel lets in )

u see the fule runs from the line and the amount is reduced buy the top end needel and then the bottem end reduces it even more becasue u dont need that much fule in the low end to run the engine at low rpms and u need more fule in the top to run it at greater rpms ( i know u need air to but it just goes in as u open the carb, the needels only let u play with the amount of fule that goes through the carb

and if u r privlidged enough like myself to have a midrange needel it just restricks the fule more than the top and less than the bottem (lets less fule in the midrange area than the top and lets more fule in the midrange than the bottem)

tuning is getting the right amount of fule going thought the carb at the right time when the carb is opened the specific amount and then giving u good results without being too lean

fun tuning
Old 12-13-2002, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by V-One S
The V-One S, not quick off the mark?
What a load of bullshit, they are geared beautifully while stock for drag racing, but on stock engine tuning, the engine doesnt like hauling the car down a straight away, even when tuned if u have a higher OIL content, it seems to bog easily this engine, basically u stop, wait 1 or 2 secs and then hammer it once low-end is tuned a bit ad it shall fly.

But these things keep up with the Holden VT Gen3tec guys, thats a fair bit of V8 its chasing.
firstly the stock v1s dosnt take off the best even if it is tuned right
1 the clutch is to heaver or the clutch spring is to weak
2 the amount of lag the stock blets produce slow down your take off
3 the engine just dont have as good bottem end as what other eniges do

um even tho i dont like holdens and i could be sarcastick and say a petrol car would beat them but how the hell would a fricking stock v1s beat a Holden VT Gen3

not even in first gear

ill show u a whole heap of grunt if u come to nowra, ill be bringin my new 2002 FORD FALCON BA XR6 TURBO with 240kw with stock boost settings, if u turn the boost up to 16 psi the car delivers 340 kw. now thats alot of power for a standard 6 (it has a lagless turbo configueration so dont give me that shit "oooo it wont preform with that muh psi becasue of lag")

Last edited by Brett; 12-13-2002 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-14-2002, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

brett mate, ya couldnt of putten it any bettter

so u all set for tomoro? i got my batt riged up so it wont do what it did last time
Old 12-14-2002, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Brett

Now now, I think you underate the v-one-s, only last week I dragged off a 255kilowatt HSV, and it was running 7.0sec 1/4miles! after that I took out the australian sprint car titles.....by 12 laps and second gear wasnt even working!
As for acceleration, my chassis keeps twisting from the g-forces that are imposed on it during take-off. Its not due to the concrete walls i keep hitting!
I also hear ford are looking at fitting the gs15r to the new falcon but are scared that no-one will insure it due to its massive power output.

Sorry I had to do it

gt

Last edited by squizzytaylor; 12-14-2002 at 12:14 AM.
Old 12-14-2002, 12:18 AM
Tech Regular

yep shure

i cant help it if our stock BA XR6t has more power than the new VY SS v8

muuwwwwahahhahahahaha

yeah i am ready chris
good to hear, dont wanan see it do that again
Old 12-14-2002, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha squizzy
Old 12-14-2002, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

ok my low end is as lean as it will get

and my high end is fine

there is castor oil coming from somewhere

ive got an idea
Old 12-14-2002, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

Share it with the rest of the class now sausage !
Old 12-14-2002, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

sausage_link, have u replaced the exhasut gasket? check the head bolts and carb for any leakages, and when its running try to listern to the engine when idleing, i had a loose head blot on a old force 12 and brett picked it up and we could hear a bit of a hiss
Old 12-14-2002, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

ive replaced gasket
ive recently cleaned the heatsink so i unbolted it and it is tight on
the carb has liquid sealant around it
Old 12-14-2002, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Share it with the rest of the class now sausage !
aww i cant be bothered typing it again
ill summarize
i think the car is bogging down because the pressure line is so short that when the car goes from stop to full throttle all the pressure from the pressure line pushes to much fuel into the engine causing it to go rich and bog down

my pressure line only just reaches from tank to pipe
Old 12-14-2002, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

hmmmm, check ur exhaust coupler then, it could blow the oil back up towards the engine
Old 12-14-2002, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Default sl

Originally posted by sausage_link
aww i cant be bothered typing it again
ill summarize
i think the car is bogging down because the pressure line is so short that when the car goes from stop to full throttle all the pressure from the pressure line pushes to much fuel into the engine causing it to go rich and bog down

my pressure line only just reaches from tank to pipe
No idea man! Replace the exhaust coupler first and just eliminate one by one. Was it you that asked about pil coming from the pullstarter before? could it somehow be leaking from there.
Did your bro mess with anything other than the exhaust?

Let us know dude

gt

Old 12-14-2002, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

the pullstarter is fine
the carb is covered in castor oil

im going to take the carb off and check that, give it a good clean etc etc

my bro didnt touch anything besides the manifold
im gunna buy a new manifold, then the special heatsink and then a new pipe

ive already replaced the coupler
Old 12-14-2002, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

I have been having a little problem with the fuel mixture at different tank levels lately. It started 2 race meetings ago in the final. On a full tank it was slow as! Then when the tank emptied it was a rocket.

At the last meeting I sorted it out a bit by fiddling with the needles, particularly the low-end...... but it was still a but more sluggish on a full tank.

It hasn't happened before, and I know that as the fuel load lightens the engine becomes leaner.

So do you think it's related to tune (i'm getting the special heatsink so we'll see how it goes after that) or something else?

B.T.W - My fuel might've gone bad also, I'll have to wait until we start again in Jan to see how it goes on the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.