Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mine still look good as well.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Mine still look good, We ran tires from the same batch the weekend after in Kamloops and they were all good.

The tires for Regina and Calgary are from the same batch as the other races so I m confident that we will be A OK.

Adam running one set all weekend and layin it down in the mains is a great testimony to the tires.

** For anyone reading this and wondering what we are talking about, we have 6 trophy races in Western Canada ( 4 being a series) that follow the same rules of allowing 1 set of JACO Blues per class for the entire weekend. The tire has been awesome and has produced the closest racing we have had in a long time.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korgae
The tires for Regina and Calgary are from the same batch as the other races so I m confident that we will be A OK.
korgae - what batch are the tires from that the racers here are voicing their displeasure on? is there a way to tell (before running them) what batch they are from? i know there is an extra web in the wheels, but that's going to be there from here on out, right?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I pulled out a new set that was ordered the exact same time as the ones giving me trouble (all ordred from Stormer) and they took like 6+ runs to come in. Now they're great, possibly even my best set in a while. I don't get it.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
korgae - what batch are the tires from that the racers here are voicing their displeasure on? is there a way to tell (before running them) what batch they are from? i know there is an extra web in the wheels, but that's going to be there from here on out, right?
One way to tell is by the look of the Blue Dot on the wheel. I have received several that actually look like they were colored with a marker rather than being a printed sticker. This may not cover all of the bad sets but it will likely cover most.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wouldn't say I laid it down, more like dropped it, hehe. Without a few mistakes I may have placed a few spots higher, but still not within reach of the top guys.

Another practice night on that set of tires and no negative signs. Just the same old consistency we're accustomed to. This set has the extra rib.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Had our first Jaco blow out today. Got them at the Novak race and they have to colored dot on them.

Anyone having any luck getting Jaco to replace them?

I have a couple other sets from there as well. Guess it's just a matter of time before they crap out as well.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
Yes the wheel will have the extra web for support from now on. As for a "hand colored" dot I have not seen any like that. the dot color has changed a bit and is now a bit darker blue but other then that I don't know.

I have a couple hundred sets in stock right now and the dots look the same throughout my batch... and with that we have not had any reports of defective tires.

I wish we could put a date code on the tire, maybe something to look into the next version, that way JACO will be able to track this kind of stuff
better.

I guess there is still a possibility that maybe a batch of greens got labeled blues by mistake or something.. Only reason I suggest this is because of the comments that the tires came in so quick and then tore apart, basic indication of a softer tire. Remember these are mounted/lableled and packaged by human.. The employees in the back are all great people but mistakes can happen.

As mentioned before, the JACO Blue was designed as a spec tire that creates even playing fileds.

As I hear news I will pass it along.

Thanks

Korgae
Old 02-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

As for a "hand colored" dot I have not seen any like that. the dot color has changed a bit and is now a bit darker blue but other then that I don't know.
I'll take some pics tonight so you can see the dot as I received them from the Novak race.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess there is still a possibility that maybe a batch of greens got labeled blues by mistake or something.. Only reason I suggest this is because of the comments that the tires came in so quick and then tore apart, basic indication of a softer tire. Remember these are mounted/lableled and packaged by human.. The employees in the back are all great people but mistakes can happen.

Thanks

Korgae
The way you can check is there is a "32" molded in the rubber, usually facing the inside of the wheel if it were on the car.

Korgae, will you be at Fastcats for the Grand Slam race?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just now saw this. We have had one returned set of tires in the last 6 months, so this is obviously news to me. I asked Scotty and Mike how the tires were at the Novak and Snowbirds and they said great. They did have a few tires where the belt showed through, but they were replaced. I really don't think it is fair to say our quality has suffered because we don't make the tires themselves. We just mount and glue them. With that said, however, it is our responsibility to sell consumers consistent, reliable tires, at a competitive price. As with all products, there can be variations in batches. I can only assume that if the rubber is not reacting the way it "used to" that it could be a manufacturing variance. We will speak to the manufacturer about this to see if we were maybe mistakenly shipped a different compound. Since we only get the blues from this company, it is not a matter of mixing up what came in. I asked the lady who packages these tires and she said she ran out of blue dots a while back and had to color some white ones until the blue dots arrived.
All I can say is that there has been no conscious effort to change the blue tires. They have been working great for us for a couple years. There would be no need to change a thing....if it isn't broken.....LOL. We have made subtle improvements to the tire over the years (stiffer wheel, better fitting insert), but these were changes that were made to increase duability, not alter performance.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the explanation, so what are you going to do for the people who received bad tires? They are still out the $$$ spent.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a pic of the tire as it came off the car and a pic of the majic marker dot.

Paul it did have a 32 molded on the inside of the tire.

The tires had about 20 runs on them practice and quals/mains
Attached Thumbnails Defective Jaco Blue Tires-tires-001.jpg   Defective Jaco Blue Tires-tires-005.jpg  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There's always going to be the possibility of the inside tearing when it gets to the middle\end of its life and you hit something. Like your car riding up onto a plastic flapper type barrier or the body tucks in on a tight turn when you tap a barrier. I've done it numerous times.

Another thing people need to think about on tire wear is the cars are going much faster then last year with the release of Tekin 203, LRP SXX Stk, and MMP. A lot of use have not run Mod before so with the car running faster around a sweeper corner or into a 180 and most of not adjusting our driving styles yet could be causing extra tire wear.

Maybe those running Mod could chime in on how long these tires last for them.

I will have to say it takes a little longer during a run for the tires to start working well. The set of tires I'm running now, which I bought about 3 weeks ago, seem to be faster after about 1 min in to a race. This is after doing about 5 hot laps before the race starts. Luckily everyone else at our track is running these new batch of tires and having the same problem.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

I wonder how many of these tire issues are from guys using the new speed controls and wicking up the car no load on the stand. Even if the tire doesn't shred the distortion could very well rip the cords from the inside and then on the next run the ripped tire occurs. I know I've even seen the inner liners pile up and give the tire a high side look to them. Those tires look like top fuel tires now with the new gen speedos. Just a thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.