Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

I just installed the rear floating body mount, and I'm a little confused on how this thing is supposed to fit underneath a sedan body. Are you supposed to cut it or just run the body high in the rear?
Old 12-07-2002, 05:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Parts needed for V-One RR Floating Rear Body Mount on Reflex NT

Originally posted by DCR1TWO
I just installed the rear floating body mount, and I'm a little confused on how this thing is supposed to fit underneath a sedan body. Are you supposed to cut it or just run the body high in the rear?
DCR1TWO-

I see you installed a Floating Rear Body Mount on your Reflex NT. Is it possible that maybe you can tell me every exact single part and hardware that it took for your to complete it? I have a Reflex NT as well, and would really like to install a Floating Rear Body but it is somewhat difficult to know what parts and hardware are used.

I think (not sure) I know where to get all the plastic parts such as the Floating Rear Pod, H-arms, support arms, etc (you can get them from rcmodel.com.hk). But, I have no idea what hardware is needed. Kyosho has no part numbers for the hardware (screws, pins, metal parts, etc) so it is completely impossible to tell the hardware/parts used without having a V-One RR instruction manual. The only way to get a V-One RR instruction manual is to order one from Great Planes, and they charge $15.and thats just for FAXING it over to you!

I am thinking maybe if I ask you can help me out for alot less! Where did you get all the necessary parts and hardware from to complete the Floating Rear Body Mount Conversion for your Reflex NT? This would be a great help to me if you can supply all this information.

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by racer rich; 12-07-2002 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

I shaved the ends down to allow the body to drop to the right height (only like a few mill). I think ideally, it's best that it still touches the sides, as it helps with the Lola bods in 1/8th. Then I put some reinforcement tape on the inside of the body to keep the mount from puncturing the body in a sideways impact.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Rear Universal Shaft...

Originally posted by RClover
I am having some trouble with the one of my rear dog bone now...
i have to reduce the pillow balls' distance/gap of the rear suspension arm in order to keep the dog bone in contact with the drive cup...
I am going to get the Fivestar Rear Universal Shaft for RR.
Oh yes, btw is this shaft meant only for RR? I running a GRP sponge version V-1-R kit...
Thanks....
Read back about ten pages or so and you'll see the great dogbone/universal debate. I've had good luck with the Integy/3 Racing ones.
Old 12-07-2002, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Parts needed for V-One RR Floating Rear Body Mount on Reflex NT

Originally posted by racer rich
DCR1TWO-

I see you installed a Floating Rear Body Mount on your Reflex NT. Is it possible that maybe you can tell me every exact single part and hardware that it took for your to complete it? I have a Reflex NT as well, and would really like to install a Floating Rear Body but it is somewhat difficult to know what parts and hardware are used.

I think (not sure) I know where to get all the plastic parts such as the Floating Rear Pod, H-arms, support arms, etc (you can get them from rcmodel.com.hk). But, I have no idea what hardware is needed. Kyosho has no part numbers for the hardware (screws, pins, metal parts, etc) so it is completely impossible to tell the hardware/parts used without having a V-One RR instruction manual. The only way to get a V-One RR instruction manual is to order one from Great Planes, and they charge $15.and thats just for FAXING it over to you!

I am thinking maybe if I ask you can help me out for alot less! Where did you get all the necessary parts and hardware from to complete the Floating Rear Body Mount Conversion for your Reflex NT? This would be a great help to me if you can supply all this information.

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated!
It's actually really easy to convert your Reflex over. You will need to following parts:

VZ083 Rear Floating mount
VZ088 Body Post
VZ098 Body Mount Post (for sedan bodies)
VZW017 Body Mount shafts
VZ077 20mm Upper Rod
NT2033

The VZ083 will have most of what you need (Shock tower, Camber rod ends, etc). Assembly is pretty basic, I just looked at the pictures on Kyosho's website and I believe AMG posted a very usefull picture from the instructions which helped out alot.

As for hardware you will need:

(2) 3x10mm to mount the rear body stay to floating mount
(1) 3x8mm fine thread to mount the body stay post to the rear shock tower.
(2) 3x10mm cap screws to mount rear shock tower.
and if you don't use the VZW017 Body Mount shafts, you will need (2) 3x20mm fine thread w/ (2) 3mm Nylon nuts, to mount the floating mount to the camber rod turrets.

If you plan on running a rear swaybar, you will need the VZ085 wide sway bars for the V-ONE RR along with the original VZW033, which contains the mounting hardware: (2) 4x8mm ball studs, (2) 5x8mm ball ends for adjustable rods, (2) 3x6mm flanged cap screws, (2) 3x15 rods, and (2) Kyosho medium ball ends.

That's it!

Old 12-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by kevink2
I shaved the ends down to allow the body to drop to the right height (only like a few mill). I think ideally, it's best that it still touches the sides, as it helps with the Lola bods in 1/8th. Then I put some reinforcement tape on the inside of the body to keep the mount from puncturing the body in a sideways impact.
Thanks, I going to have to try that. As it is right now, my car looks like it's ready to go four wheelin
Old 12-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Rear Universal Shaft...

Originally posted by kevink2
Read back about ten pages or so and you'll see the great dogbone/universal debate. I've had good luck with the Integy/3 Racing ones.
hell man i looked and i could not fint it but anyway what is the best universal so far you guys think? because the k-factory ones are junk and i am sick and tired of buying them for 25 buck a pop
Old 12-07-2002, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Rear Universal Shaft...

Originally posted by nova racer
hell man i looked and i could not fint it but anyway what is the best universal so far you guys think? because the k-factory ones are junk and i am sick and tired of buying them for 25 buck a pop
I've tried Five star, Kyosho, and Kfactory. The five star & Kyosho ones have snapped, while the Kfactory ones bend real easy. I have not tried them, but I heard the Integy/Eagle ones were pretty beefy.

I think they are the black and silver ones on the Integy website. I am currently using the all silver 2mm offset Integy ones in the rear to accomodate 30mm tires, and will probably try the black/silver ones in the front.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Rear Universal Shaft...

I've tried Five star, Kyosho, and Kfactory. The five star & Kyosho ones have snapped, while the Kfactory ones bend real easy. I have not tried them, but I heard the Integy/Eagle ones were pretty beefy.

I think they are the black and silver ones on the Integy website. I am currently using the all silver 2mm offset Integy ones in the rear to accomodate 30mm tires, and will probably try the black/silver ones in the front.
kool thanks i will get a set for my v1flex
Old 12-08-2002, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rear Universal Shaft...

Originally posted by nova racer
kool thanks i will get a set for my v1flex
Do you have a v-one or the Trinity Retread?
Old 12-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rear Universal Shaft...

Originally posted by autotr8er
Do you have a v-one or the Trinity Retread?
i have a trinity but soon to get another car thinking of the new ofna D3 it should be here very soon
Old 12-08-2002, 12:08 PM
Tech Initiate

They sure are being secretive about it. I haven't heard anything about it except that it's coming and now that it's here.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by autotr8er
They sure are being secretive about it. I haven't heard anything about it except that it's coming and now that it's here.
i have yet to see a single pic but i think that it will be a lot better than the ob4
Old 12-08-2002, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Rear Universal Shaft...

Hi,
I want to make an order for a pair of Integy Rear Univarsal Shaft.
But i dont know which one to order for my V-1-R. BTW, i running 30mm foam tyres in the rear.
There are:
1) SH8-514 (wide option)
2) SH8-513
3) T3765 (2mm offset)

And what is the difference between part (1) and part (3) mentioned in the above? Pls advice as to which one to buy.

How about the difference between:
-wheel adapter 1mm Offset for T3763
-wheel adapter 0mm Offset for T3764

Which one to get?

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

has anyone tried this
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAVW8
i was thinking that when used in the front along with a ned diff in the rear it would turn in well and pull from the apex out like a 1way solid rear set up but with breaks lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.