Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 04:34 AM
acs
Tech Adept

is it viable for the steering servo also? or not a good idea.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by modellor
Zip tying the throttle servo is an old 1:8th scale trick. The ties hold the servo in place without any movement and it allows quicker removal by simply cutting them off.
In fact, this is for anti-vibration. It is not necessary for steering servo as it is far away from the engine.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Its not really viable for the steering servo. The servo would be able to tip sideways under the extra loads from the wheels pushing back in the corners.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by acs
What are those yellow brake pads? And have you zip-tied your throttle servo in place? why?

Oh, and it looks just like my car.
Looks like Manitcore has already got the Optional Teflon Pads

Mannie, the last 3 years I've known you, this is the most standard car you have had (no hop-ups).
Old 12-12-2002, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Quick question Moon and others:

Does the car come with the digital transponder mount?

Moon - do you have a digital transponder, I couldn't see it in the pics? Where is it mounted?
Old 12-12-2002, 04:43 AM
acs
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Novarossi

Moon - do you have a digital transponder, I couldn't see it in the pics? Where is it mounted?
It comes with the switch mount and the transponder mount. You can't mount both at the same time. (as far as i know)

Last edited by acs; 12-12-2002 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:49 AM
acs
Tech Adept

Mannie, the last 3 years I've known you, this is the most standard car you have had (no hop-ups).
I see ti screw set, ti turnbuckles, the optional brake pads.

Thats pretty good considering it had not been run at the time of the photo's.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by acs
I see ti screw set, ti turnbuckles, the optional brake pads.

Thats pretty good considering it had not been run at the time of the photo's.
I thought it was too good to be true
Old 12-12-2002, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

I saw a pic of someone's car that had both the switch and transponder mount in place. The switch was actually upside down, but it worked. Luckily, just about all of our immediate tracks run AMBrC transponders, so I can use my switch.

I have to agree with NR, I think that's the "stockest" car I've seen Mannie own.

Mine is built, but because of the snow I can't even get it broken in. I hate to think I've got to wait until spring to run this thing!!! The only hop-ups I plan to put on are front universals, aluminum chassis brace, and aluminum hex hubs. I'll probably put the teflon pads on as well. I want to see how the stock pads do, but I've put teflon on my MTX-2 and MRX-3. So I figure my MTX-3 will need it also.

Has anyone measured the wheel hexes? Aren't they the same size as the MTX-2 hexes? They look the same to me. It doesn't make sense to me that Mugen would release a set of hexes specifically for the MTX-3 if the MTX-2 hexes would fit.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

the optional teflon pad is the same one used for MTX2.

The car you can see from the pic has alloy hex, TI screws and Ti mid shaft

I had alloy mid bearing block and rear alloy upper deck support installed last night !
Old 12-12-2002, 05:02 AM
acs
Tech Adept

I thought it was too good to be true
Not to mention the aftermarket wheel nuts.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

I dont race any more so I dont need the mount but the kit does come with the mount for both traditional transponder and digital transponder
Old 12-12-2002, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tekrsq
I saw a pic of someone's car that had both the switch and transponder mount in place. The switch was actually upside down, but it worked. Luckily, just about all of our immediate tracks run AMBrC transponders, so I can use my switch.

I have to agree with NR, I think that's the "stockest" car I've seen Mannie own.

Mine is built, but because of the snow I can't even get it broken in. I hate to think I've got to wait until spring to run this thing!!! The only hop-ups I plan to put on are front universals, aluminum chassis brace, and aluminum hex hubs. I'll probably put the teflon pads on as well. I want to see how the stock pads do, but I've put teflon on my MTX-2 and MRX-3. So I figure my MTX-3 will need it also.

Has anyone measured the wheel hexes? Aren't they the same size as the MTX-2 hexes? They look the same to me. It doesn't make sense to me that Mugen would release a set of hexes specifically for the MTX-3 if the MTX-2 hexes would fit.
yep, you remind me, i have the front CVD too.

The MTX2 hex wont fit on MTX3.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:09 AM
acs
Tech Adept

Originally posted by tekrsq
Just looking at my car, it seems you are right, by flipping the switch over and placing it above the transponder mount you can use both.

Clever thinking Mugen

Have to buy a switch now.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Manticore
yep, you remind me, i have the front CVD too.

The MTX2 hex wont fit on MTX3.
Really? What's different, the axle size? I'll have to do some measuring when I get home this afternoon.

I thought about the ti shafts, but 2 people have already told me their ti shafts were "twisting", they went back to the stock shafts. I know of one company that's working on hollow steel shafts; hopefully they'll be a little better. If they are, I'll probably get them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.