Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
Aggdaddy,
If i remove the shim and run a colder turbo plug will i notice an increase in speed?? How many shims are between the head and cylinder case? How many mph rpms should i expect to gain on the top end. Thanks, i have also noticed without much nitro experience that it doesn't seem to rev to 41,000 rpms.

Thanks,
Mike
If you're using 20% nitro and the Rossi Pixi Black 3 port straight out of the box (no modifications) The engine will not top out. You won't hear it scream down the straight-away like you're supposed to when it is properly tuned.
If you use 30% maybe. But I use 20% and I removed the shim, installed the turbo head that came with the engine, and installed a NovaRossi ultra cold turbo plug.
I just had a race last night. My temps were around 245 and under after a 5 minute heat. It moves like it should. I'm running with X12's and novarossi 3 ports.
Again, this engine is not the easiest to tune, so have patience and have fun.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Aggdaddy, if possible could you show me a pic of the turbo head, i bought my car assembled with the motor on it and no glow plug in it. I do not know if the turbo head came with it, if its already on there or what. I will take my head off as soon as i can and post pictures of what i have.

When i go to put the head back on how tight should i put it?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

I said that wrong budlightinmyhand. Sorry

It is a turbo button not a turbo head. If you are using a standard glowplug, then a turbo plug won't fit. You would have to order the turbo button from towerhobbies (maybe). I'm not sure if they carry it.

No pictures are necessary, because they look the same, except the turbo button has a larger glow plug hole.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Ahh ok, You have to remember i'm still pretty new to this stuff so if something confuses me i'm going to ask. I lvoe this board. Thanks you guys for all your help. I guess i will have to find that turbo button somewhere.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 05-06-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Well since you're new, you might be better off saving up for a new motor. I would only recommend this motor to intermediate tuners and up. Its very tempermental.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...RNR13705/158.0

That's the only thing I could find.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

budlight,

speed is nothing without control. be patient and learn how to navigate the car flawlessly, worry about the speed later
Old 05-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hey

if ur looking for more power run 30% add 1 1mm shim i run my 30% in my Rody non turbo an i can out run any 5port with my Rody the only thing i changed was the crank,i inslall a Jp modified crank if u can afford it invest in modified crank like a Rody or Jp u will see the increase in horsepower i telling u what i know will work.I think the Rody crank is about 114.00 the Jp is up there in price too.an the clutch problem that is giving the other G4 driver check the oneway bearing in the 2spd it self.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Here's some pics of what I brewed up on a spare G4 with a dremel. Pics are blurry cause I used my phone... I'll post some better pics when I make it look more blinged. Maintains same ackerman, throw, and all. Everything is the same as stock steering, but will not bind up. Basically the steering off a spare FT tc3...

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/i/21742849413_468.jpg?
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/i/21742964357_468.jpg?
Old 05-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

This modification is also from Italian. The piece needed is the X-RAY servo saver cod. 302500.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=322
Old 05-06-2004, 05:40 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default NICKKO

Originally posted by nickko
This modification is also from Italian. The piece needed is the X-RAY servo saver cod. 302500.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=322
Nickko, seems to me that with that modification using the X-Ray servo saver you will have a very agressive Ackerman, a lot less Ackerman than the original car design.
Will Team Magic offer a factory kit for this alternative steering design, with the correct Ackerman???? Or will TM just let everybody try it's own trial and error mod.
We would like an official word on this issue.
AFM
Old 05-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Here's some pics of what I brewed up on a spare G4 with a dremel. Pics are blurry cause I used my phone... I'll post some better pics when I make it look more blinged. Maintains same ackerman, throw, and all. Everything is the same as stock steering, but will not bind up. Basically the steering off a spare FT tc3...
sorry but those pics don't even show up on my computer. It's all good. When you get time post some better pics. Good job! Were you having steering problems?

thanks
Old 05-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Could somebody please explain this term "Ackerman"?
Old 05-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

He guys I just got a Kyosho V one RR Evo yesterday and it looks like the Evo steering might work (although about 5-8 mm off). I'm ordering all Kyosho stuff and will give it a try. I'll post back with results.

Aggdaddy- aren't arkermans the steering rods?
Old 05-06-2004, 06:14 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
Could somebody please explain this term "Ackerman"?
Aggdaddy, visit the following link:

http://home.tiscali.be/be067749/58/

There you will find all the explanations for R/C cars set-ups.
Under Alignment chapter you'll find Ackerman.

As a resume I can tell you that the closer the fixing points on the servo saver of the steering rods gives you less Ackerman = very agressive steering, the farther apart gives you more Ackerman = more progressive and smoother steering. That is why in such cars as the Mugen and Kyosho the kit comes with three options of Ackerman, so you can tune the car to your driving style.

AFM
Old 05-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

afm- Awsome site. Thanks. Have to have that bookmarked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.