Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by vones
ok...i get what u mean.....if the mod is done this way the receiver is attach to the receiver plate with the double-sided tape right? wuld the receiver be secured firm enough?

I'm not sure about that part. I don't use that exact setup. Normally my receiver is tie wrapped to the side with a plastic antenna holder screwed into place by the plastic radio plate support on the right. But now I am trying something a little different as I have switched over to the K-factory 4mm chassis. It comes with a CF receiver support and my receiver is tie wrapped to that with some foam rubber inbetween.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
Guys if finally got all the parts i needed to fix my car! But guess what as i was changing all the bearings over to dinballs set, i cracked the fricken front one way holder thing. Its ok not bad. Just where you put one of the screws in through the bottom of the one way holder, it kinda cracked where the screw is a little. I swear i can't do anyting right. I wasn't even tightening hard.

I'm telling you guys, the servo saver should be tightened down till where it won't save your servo. I tried moving my servo saver yesterday and it wouldn't move. Thats why you guys are having problems. If you want a servo saver put one on the arm of the servo get rid of the crap TM has integrated into the car. It will eventualy work your rails loose. I have never had a problem with my steering. Its just as tight as it was on day one and i have never adjusted it. The built in servo saver puts extra stress on the rails because it puts different forces on the rails instead of just left and right.

Mike
I think anytime you make adjustments to your front assembly, you'll have to re-adjust your rails. Their alignment depends alot on the attachment of all your parts.
My steering was fine before I had to change my front belt. I changed that and lubed the front bearings. After that my steering is off (really tight, as in it will slow my servo action down).
I don't think a servo saver on the servo will fit or even work right for our car.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

What kind of lube do you use to lube these bearings i bought off dinball. Man they were much smoother than my stock bearings. I can feel the difference in just turning the wheels and whole drive train.

My brake seems to be rubbing in one spot, same spot everytime. I can hear it and feel it. I can't seem to figure out why its rubbing at that certain spot. I have adjusted the pads a few times still no difference. Is there something i need to do?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-10-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Joehwee
VoneS: forget about the receiver mount plate, just mount it the way on my car lor, so far no glitch and in the event someone bump onto me, my receiver still can move to minimised the damaged.

Anyway I think all of us did have a good run on out G4 during the race yesterday, everything on the car hold up fine especially the steering system.
will do....i like ur mod.....yeah man..race was fantastic.....saw a lot of dropped jaws...
Old 05-10-2004, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

My brake seems to be rubbing in one spot, same spot everytime. I can hear it and feel it. I can't seem to figure out why its rubbing at that certain spot. I have adjusted the pads a few times still no difference. Is there something i need to do?

Thanks,
Mike
Most likely its the brake pad. I've had to dremel it like most people. Its the brake pulley pin that keeps rubbing on one of the brake pads Just dremel off about .5mm of the inner brake pad (closest to the rear belt). You should be good to go after that.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

I figured that but i couldn't really see it happening. Thanks aggdaddy. I don't really feel like taking my car apart again to dremel this. Will it eventually wear down enough after driving it?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-10-2004, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

possibly, but it could wear out your brake pulley pin. I'm not sure which one is harder, the brake pad or the pulley pin.
On a side note, one of my pins sorta wiggled out and started to eat up my right rear bulkhead. Didn't even notice it until I took my car apart to transfer to the k-factory chassis.
Rear bulkhead is still usable, but I think I'll replace it just to be safe.

Anybody else have that problem?
Old 05-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, loook at this! First place at my second race with the G4!
Pic
Will get a setup sheet up on the net some day this week.

I mounted my reciever by using double sided tape to the lower crash protector that screws to the side stiffener and then wrapped a thick rubber boot around it. I skipped the regular reciever holder and mounted a antenna holder from my SD in one of the reciever mounting holes. I think it's the same way that Cyrul mounts his reciever..
Old 05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Aggdaddy possibly, but it could wear out your brake pulley pin. I'm not sure which one is harder, the brake pad or the pulley pin.
On a side note, one of my pins sorta wiggled out and started to eat up my right rear bulkhead. Didn't even notice it until I took my car apart to transfer to the k-factory chassis.
Rear bulkhead is still usable, but I think I'll replace it just to be safe.

Anybody else have that problem?
Last meeting i had, in practice before the meeting started, went flying down the straight braked for the sweeper at the bottom, and nothing there ,BANG straight into the wooden fence. not far off being flat out. inspecting the car both pins in the brake pulley had completely fallen out. super glue them in know and be keeping a eye on them from know on.
no other damage to the car luckily
Old 05-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info jas1. I thought I remember someone having this same problem. My pin seemed a little too tight to attempt a superglue remedy. I had to hammer it back into place. But, yeah I'll be watching mine a little more closley too.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

What kind of lube do you use to lube these bearings i bought off dinball. Man they were much smoother than my stock bearings. I can feel the difference in just turning the wheels and whole drive train.

Try Trinity Royal oil, works great for me

Old 05-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Sparx- Way to GO!! CONGRATS. Hey where's the trophy girl How's the weather when your that high?? NICE.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sparx
Pic
Will get a setup sheet up on the net some day this week.

I mounted my reciever by using double sided tape to the lower crash protector that screws to the side stiffener and then wrapped a thick rubber boot around it. I skipped the regular reciever holder and mounted a antenna holder from my SD in one of the reciever mounting holes. I think it's the same way that Cyrul mounts his reciever..
Congratulations!
Old 05-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hey

Hey impalabob here with the my race results i qaulified for the e-main sunday.Thats because i didnt go on saturday for the first round qaulifer,But in my qaulifier i placed 2nd in first heat an in 2nd heat placed third because i run out of fuel in both heats could not get 5mins out of the car. Found the problem had to make fuel line larger an ran 2 fuel filters . But in the main the G4 shined for 19 laps in 1st. I was the only G4 out there in front for 19laps problem came in when my pit forgot to my fuel tank lid did not close all the way flamed out i had 1 lap on everyone but they got by me so got the car running was in 5th an guess what the g4 shined once agian jump from 5th to 3rd the 10secs behind 2n place car it was a 710 ,the 1st place mtx3 .It was a 15min main if it was a 20min main it would hve been just enough time for me to go in for the kill.But for 19laps the G4 was take names.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Great work Sparx and impalabob64!!! Represent! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.