LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SPHERE COMP. ESC (80700)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

i have got one of these speedos the 80700, i was just wondering because i have been using 4.5 turns on it, now i am going to 3.5, will the new motor blown it up or heat it up more?
Old 06-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jordan.norwood@
i have got one of these speedos the 80700, i was just wondering because i have been using 4.5 turns on it, now i am going to 3.5, will the new motor blown it up or heat it up more?
if you are going to run the 3.5 i would get the TC spec, i had one go up in flames with the 3.5
Old 06-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
if you are going to run the 3.5 i would get the TC spec, i had one go up in flames with the 3.5
yes but the reason it did properly did blow up is because you did not gear it right.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Daddy
Hi Guys,
I run a B4 off road and want to get a TC Spec Sphere because it has a higher BEC (5.8v). I want to know will I have profile problems as its designed for touring cars? Also is the TC Spec's heatsink taped on, or a metal/mechanical attachment?
Thanks.
I run sphere TC spec in my 4WD off-road and it feels great, it should be perfectly fine in 2WD.

the heatsink is attached directly to the FETS, not sure how but it is 'fixed' and non-removeable, it does not have the reguar 'plate' that the origional sphere and sphere comp have.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Doughty, that helps me greatly
Old 06-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

How do you set the DRAG Brake on the new Sphere TC???

Anyone??
Old 06-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MACH55
How do you set the DRAG Brake on the new Sphere TC???

Anyone??
Its called Automatic Brake. Value 2 is the default and what most racers use with sintered rotor motors. In 1/12th and oval applications you may use 1 or 0. If you need to use more than 2 your car is not setup right
Old 06-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Daddy
Thanks Doughty, that helps me greatly
If you need to take the fan off to make it fit in an off road car you can. Just clip the fan wires in the middle so you can reconnect them later if you want to.

Off road applications do not pull as much current as on road and you run much milder motors so the speedo will naturally run cooler even without the fan.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Burito,

Bought this ESC (80700) about 3 months ago and got it mounted on my TA05. It has been working perfectly.. really impressed with how fast it powered my Tamiya stock RZ motor!!

But, I am afraid that my precious Sphere has seen its days.
Though the LEDs on it still responds to the throttle, but no power is transmitted to the motor. I have tried hooking up to a multimeter. There are current flowed, but this is not the case when I hook up the motor together with the multimeter. It seems when there is load, no current is flowed.

Please help out here if you know what I can do to save it!! Not only coz of $$$, but I really love this baby!

If it helps, this happened with an ambient temperature of 28C. I did not have a single thermal cut experience prior to this sad event. I also have both the heatsink and the fan installed. To make it even odd, it happened in my first run.

Last edited by TA05ers; 06-24-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TA05ers
Hi Burito,

Bought this ESC (80700) about 3 months ago and got it mounted on my TA05. It has been working perfectly.. really impressed with how fast it powered my Tamiya stock RZ motor!!

Though the LEDs on it still responds to the throttle, but no power is transmitted to the motor. I have tried hooking up to a multimeter. There are current flowed, but this is not the case when I hook up the motor together with the multimeter. It seems when there is load, no current is flowed.

Please help out here if you know what I can do to save it!! Not only coz of $$$, but I really love this baby!

If it helps, this happened with an ambient temperature of 28C. I did not have a single thermal cut experience prior to this sad event. I also have both the heatsink and the fan installed. To make it even odd, it happened in my first run.
Did I scare anyone away with my plead for help?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Do LRP ceramics fit the Novak BL motors ?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

@ TA05:

Sounds like something is broke internally and could quite possibly need a trip to the factory for fixing.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Default LRP TC SPEC Sphere no drag brakes

a fellow racer just got his yesterday, i set-up his cars due to him being color blind and gets lost in set-ups/mode configs.

i went thru the TC Sphere set-up and the modes, with value 6 on the DB, you let off and the car coasts 10+ with a N-13.5. also when you press forward the car does brake but not as hard as his other sedan with a older LRP Sphere (aslo has a N-13.5). his sedan with the older Sphere, if your going full throt and hit the brake the car locks up fast/instantly. the new TC Spec doesn't even come close in the braking department...handbrake or drag brake effect.

we run on a super-tight carpet tracks, he wants drag brake. i tried 2 thru 6, i can barely tell the difference
Old 07-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Fast-Ho,

I don't have a TC spec speed control but I read the instructions for one yesterday. It sounds like to me his transmitter settings could be off, like his atv's or endpoints. I say this because as a TC spec speed control even more than the other speed controls should have even more braking ability to control a heavier and potentially faster vehicle. I would check there first.

Steve
Old 07-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Stupid question, have you tried connecting it to a different motor yet? I would do this first if you havn't yet.

Originally Posted by TA05ers
Hi Burito,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.