Kyosho v-one rrr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Just want to give thanks to Jim(jag) and Eddie(shorts) for helping me out this weekend at the region 4 champs at ft.Myers...........Was a very fun weekend like always had a great time...The RRR ran wonderfully even though the track conditions were not prime...at times it was over 160 degrees track temp. the parm type m body had plenty of steering..I liked it personally... Got to give props to Jim he ran his best ever at Ft.Myers and this was the first time he used RRR there. Congratz On the 3rd place B-main finish that is Awesome.

Robert Maestrey
Old 05-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Sorry officer. I know the rules say 50mm max (not really), but I guess I wasn't paying attention and before you know it, I was over the 50mm limit. Can I just get away with a warning this time? I'll be sure to keep it at or below 50mm next time.
2006 Roar Rule Book
6.1.13 Cooling holes: Bodies for on-road fuel-powered cars (other than touring vehicle bodies)may have up to 1/3 of the windshield cut out. Bodies used on off-road fuel-powered cars may have up to 1/2 the windshield cut out. For touring vehicle windshields, one cooling opening is permitted, limited to a maximum of 60mm in any direction.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
2006 Roar Rule Book
6.1.13 Cooling holes: Bodies for on-road fuel-powered cars (other than touring vehicle bodies)may have up to 1/3 of the windshield cut out. Bodies used on off-road fuel-powered cars may have up to 1/2 the windshield cut out. For touring vehicle windshields, one cooling opening is permitted, limited to a maximum of 60mm in any direction.
Sweet!

I can't remember the size at the moment, but I'll be sure to measure it when I get home and let you guys how big it is.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Sweet! I didn't know they changed it to 60mm, I've always been doing 50mm.

Dom
Old 05-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
2006 Roar Rule Book

interesting James ive been doing 50 all this time...maybe thats why im leaning out
Old 05-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I'm assuming you checked the shocks length and they are the same, and you disconnected the sway bar, right?

Could it be the plastic on the knuckle, where the pivot ball comes up got jacked and limiting travel?

Dom
New kit, never run. I disconnected the sway bar and the shocks are matched. Investigation techniques aren't working on my end. The manual calls for 4mm droop, at least both sides will match.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default front up stop and adjusting those ear things on the arms

hey guys
i just wanted some info about adjusting the front upstops and how/when to adjust those ear things on the front lower arms

do you disconnect the sway bar and adjust the upstop to zero on the droop gauge ? then what do you do with the ear things ?

thanks
Old 05-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrgsr
hey guys
i just wanted some info about adjusting the front upstops and how/when to adjust those ear things on the front lower arms

do you disconnect the sway bar and adjust the upstop to zero on the droop gauge ? then what do you do with the ear things ?

thanks
Ear things? Ear things?!

Dude! These things have part numbers.

Ah, sorry. Could you provide the part number please, I don't know what you're talking about.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

haha umm
they are round with a point
at the bottom of the front lower suspension arm

part number vz206
Old 05-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ear things? Ear things?!

Dude! These things have part numbers.

Ah, sorry. Could you provide the part number please, I don't know what you're talking about.

Pretty sure he is talking about the ecentrics......right and left ones that attach to way bar.....

1-disconnect sway bar
2-make sure both ear things ecentrics are pointing in the same direction..they should be pointing towards the tires both exaclty the same..
3-set the droop accordingly with your preferd tools
4-then reconnect sway bars and recheck droop right and left should saty the same.
5-any change from left to right in droop after these steps cahnces are one of the sway bars must be bent...or your ecentrics are not set exactly the same might have to adjut them...
6-upstops are not used....

Hope this helps...
Old 05-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

thanks robert
yep you got it spot on
its a brand new kit and my second rrr i just wanted to make sure this one was built right from the beginning

yep its down stop my mistake
Old 05-22-2006, 05:37 PM
jag
Tech Master

Sorry officer. I know the rules say 50mm max (not really), but I guess I wasn't paying attention and before you know it, I was over the 50mm limit. Can I just get away with a warning this time? I'll be sure to keep it at or below 50mm next time.
I'll let you off easy this time but don't let it happen again. If I catch you again your fine will be painting me a body.

Nice work on those bodies.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:47 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Hey Just want to give thanks to Jim(jag) and Eddie(shorts) for helping me out this weekend at the region 4 champs at ft.Myers...........Was a very fun weekend like always had a great time...The RRR ran wonderfully even though the track conditions were not prime...at times it was over 160 degrees track temp. the parm type m body had plenty of steering..I liked it personally... Got to give props to Jim he ran his best ever at Ft.Myers and this was the first time he used RRR there. Congratz On the 3rd place B-main finish that is Awesome.

Robert Maestrey
Thanks Robert. You should have brought home the 1st place trophy for the A main. I can't believe your transmitter battery went dead... while leading the race.

A bit of free advice to those of you out there like me... not an expert driver. Find an expert driver then watch and listen. It really helps.

Thanks again Robert. What are we going to do for the summer?
Old 05-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

has anyone tried the k factory steel rear universals?
i am putting them on my wce now and noticed a lot of play in the hub,they are not fitting snug like the kit.
what i mean by play is my rear width can go from 200 to 210 because the universal slides back and forth in the hub.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bosfan
has anyone tried the k factory steel rear universals?
i am putting them on my wce now and noticed a lot of play in the hub,they are not fitting snug like the kit.
what i mean by play is my rear width can go from 200 to 210 because the universal slides back and forth in the hub.
That's not good. My suggestion would be, pull one of them out, put the stock and the K Factory universal side-by-side and compare the two. What is difference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.