Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Evolva

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello guys,
im new here, and i hope im in the right section....
Well, i have the new Kyosho Evolva M3, and I i was hoping if you can tell me the right way to build the shock absorbers to work (oil filling etc). is there any "rule of thumb"?
What about the shock springs? i was searching for a rate chart regarding the kyosho springs but no luck; any one knows about the rate and color of the springs?
Thanks, guys
Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by neanto7
Hello guys,
im new here, and i hope im in the right section....
Well, i have the new Kyosho Evolva M3, and I i was hoping if you can tell me the right way to build the shock absorbers to work (oil filling etc). is there any "rule of thumb"?
What about the shock springs? i was searching for a rate chart regarding the kyosho springs but no luck; any one knows about the rate and color of the springs?
Thanks, guys
Actually there is an M3 thread wandering around here somewhere but your questions are applicable to both. The way I build my shocks is put my finger over the small end and fill 1/3 to 1/2 way, insert piston and rod assembly all the way to bottom , use vacuum chamber (or time) to get out bubbles, move piston up about 1/3 , drop in bladder and use a tool to gently seat, add the plastic shock end and put the cap on and screw down snugly - fingers only no pliers.
Springs - the whites in the kit are in the middle, silver softer, black harder.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpoage
The 2-speed shaft is the same as the Evolva FM515, The mid shaft is also the same (FM514) I'm told we will get some new ti shafts from Delta Mfg. any day now. Delta Dave are you listening? Maybe YBslow will work on this also? Brad?
Ashford Hobby Delta Mfg.

I should get new Empire Racing M3 items early next week. I'll try to get pictures and get them posted on site as soon as I can.
Ashford Hobby Empire

Funny you should ask. We have the M3 midshaft in stock and it is made from 7075 and weighs about 3 grams. Currently making some titanium 2speed shafts that weigh about 10 grams and should be available later next week.

Brad
Old 07-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Davis for the help
Old 07-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

I've put the evolva 2005 rear bulkhead on my delta xp4. I'm having problems with the belt riding off the gear. So My question is what tension setting (per the manual) should you start with on belt tension? I understand there's both r and l bearing tensioners, and 4 different slots. I put the R on the R bulk and the L on the L bulk and the second from the front slot.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tomkelley
I've put the evolva 2005 rear bulkhead on my delta xp4. I'm having problems with the belt riding off the gear. So My question is what tension setting (per the manual) should you start with on belt tension? I understand there's both r and l bearing tensioners, and 4 different slots. I put the R on the R bulk and the L on the L bulk and the second from the front slot.
Tom - depending on the belt and pulley wear sometime you even have to use the LH cam in the RH bulkhead and visa-versa, never have had any issues with belts riding off, do you have the flanges opposing each other?? - typically the belt tends to nestle against the spool pulley flange, left side of car.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Tom - depending on the belt and pulley wear sometime you even have to use the LH cam in the RH bulkhead and visa-versa, never have had any issues with belts riding off, do you have the flanges opposing each other?? - typically the belt tends to nestle against the spool pulley flange, left side of car.
I studied some drawings just recently and I noticed that i put the rear pully on backwards (was working late last night). When setting the tension, what typically do you set it at when installing a fresh belt?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tomkelley
I studied some drawings just recently and I noticed that i put the rear pully on backwards (was working late last night). When setting the tension, what typically do you set it at when installing a fresh belt?
Tom - there is no typical in my world - belts have varied from batch to batch and from std to SP, just start with the rh cam in the rh bulkhead and one of the middle two positions and make judgement calls from there.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Tom - there is no typical in my world - ....

Well, that I have to agree with....
Old 09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi I'm new to 1/8th on road and have just got a Evolva 2005 with an 2007 uprade pack to fit, Anyone still running this model? or have you all got the M3 now?
Cheers Paul.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

From what I hear the suspension geometry is the same between the M3 and evolva 05 , its just that you couldn't interchange parts between them.
i almsot forgot about the 07, isn't that basically the 05WC editition?

Heck, my Delta XP4 is the same as a 03 spec evolva with 05 bulkheads and I'm still driving it.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Tom - there is no typical in my world - belts have varied from batch to batch and from std to SP, just start with the rh cam in the rh bulkhead and one of the middle two positions and make judgement calls from there.
Belts changing from batch to batch is right! My experience of the last 4 to 5 weeks proved that, and also it sort of pointed out I should refer to the assembly instructions a little more often than I usually do.LOL!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...picco-p9r.html
Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 AM
IQ0
Tech Adept

Default evolva 2007

hi there...I have evolva 2007,...anyone can tell me what effects we get when we change the position of the side linkages that attached to the rear body mount? for info, 07' rear body mount has 3 holes (inner/mid/outer) on each side.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:24 AM
<PsOp>

Hi, can someone give me a link to a good starting setup thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.