Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't boil the EA3 arms! Boiling plastic was used for nylon because after a while nylon would become brittle and boiling was a method be put moisture back in the nylon.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i know that when billy ran for losi he found a way to make the ea3 stronger..

but i cant remember what he did....i know it worked..lol
Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Don't boil the EA3 arms! Boiling plastic was used for nylon because after a while nyl

Thanks for both responces I just guess that we have to deal with them until losi makes them stronger so I will just leave the short arms on for now ....OR stop hitting walls
Old 04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
not Todd obvisously but don't believe you want to boil the EA3 arms. Boiling most likely will change the properties and demensions to some extent.
Yes - we were hoping that boiling may increase the elasticity of the plastic - however, as mentioned already boiling makes the arms more brittle. Boiling should not change the dimensions though - I used to do it for off-road parts back a few years ago.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
i know that when billy ran for losi he found a way to make the ea3 stronger..

but i cant remember what he did....i know it worked..lol
Was it not to hit stuff? I heard that's the speed secret of the top pro's.

Seriously though - if he did have a "treatment" to make EA3 last longer, it would be great to hear about it.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

yeah, you really can't do "durability testing" with the top .5% driving the car.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pooky, give me a call if you are not busy!!
Old 04-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Has anybody experimented with 6 degree hubs on the kit setup yet? Looks like we're sticking with foam locally for a while, so I'll keep refining that setup for now.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Filipow
Sorry, but this car is NOT 'fragile'. I have run on carpet and asphalt with the new EA3 arms and taken a few licks, with absolutely no breakage...

I just wanted to make sure I read that correctly the first time...

The EA3 issues that the off road guys had were obviously not peculiar, irregular, abnormal or difficult to pinpoint anomalies. It appears as though fragile is, indeed, an accurate description so far. For as long as it took to get to production, I was hoping that the bugs would have been worked out with durability.

Great... RDX Junior. I'm not the top .5%, so I need a car that can at least withstand a couple of impacts per heat. Or more.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I just wanted to make sure I read that correctly the first time...

The EA3 issues that the off road guys had were obviously not peculiar, irregular, abnormal or difficult to pinpoint anomalies. It appears as though fragile is, indeed, an accurate description so far. For as long as it took to get to production, I was hoping that the bugs would have been worked out with durability.

Great... RDX Junior. I'm not the top .5%, so I need a car that can at least withstand a couple of impacts per heat. Or more.
Have you broke front or rear arms? Have you upgraded to a P Dub bumper or a Parma bumper. I wish the car could have came with a stiffer bumper. This is what we raced all season and we did not have production arms be this fragile.

Trust me the pro's hit stuff....really hard. I am just wondering if the stiffer foam bumper is helping?
Old 04-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking EA3

A buddy of mine bought a Type R and set up to run a few days ago. Well on the first pack, while reversing, he bumped a pvc pipe and the rear arm snapped like a twig!! We were all in schock...everyone was making fun of the car and how fragile it is, and my friend was so up set he just packed up and left- now he's back with Xray T2...what a shame...I feel sorry for the guy and for LoSI and the type R, because now its getting a bad rep down here...this has to be addressed ASAP.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Continuing with the previous comments- I have convinced my buddy not ot give up, and we have ordered more parts. He will give it another shot, and we are going to remove about 2-3mm from the axles which portrude from the wheel nut about 3-4mm, and could be the cause for the car getting caught and ripping the arms off. Other than that, can we try usung the old JRX-s arms? If so, which arms do you recommend for asphalt outdoor rubber tire set ups- please provide part numbers so we can check horizon or losi parts house and see if we can order some...
Old 04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Todd,

A couple of people have mentioned that it happened with the Parma/PDub bumper. I don't know if the BRP kydex bumper has helped any or not.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

I've personally been waiting for this car since it was first photographed and show on the web. I still have my front motor JRXS (now converted to oval), and have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new car specifically for the fittment of LiPo packs like the Orion Platinum. I don't have a car yet (though one was purchased 2 weeks ago—long story), but I'm growing increasingly worried to read the mass of problems everyone is having with arms breaking like breadsticks.

I had many issues with my last touring car—Corally RDX—that forced me to sell the car and walk away from a frustratingly large investment of time and money, and an overwhelmingly disappointing stint with a car that couldn't finish a heat race without breaking. With that car, all I heard was, "don't hit anything". Insulting, at best. It's even been mentioned a few times in this thread by a few people, too.

99% of the population doesn't need a hyper-stiff suspension structure to be fast, and NONE of us want cars that are prone to DNFs.

I'm actually kind of glad that the car I bought on the forums was "stolen" before it ever reached the Post Office. I just may wait this one out and see what happens with the current Losi cars already out in circulation. I figured that this car, above all others, would be ready to go, right out of the box.

I know that I am not someone who should buy a car that has breakage issues. I'm not necessarily hard on cars, but sometimes the apexes of corners tend to look further away than they really are.

I guess I need to be more patient now...
Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Concerning the axle thing... one thing I DID learn with the RDX is that it HATED dish wheels where the axle and axle nut didn't sit below the surface of the wheel/tire face. I had 99% of my axle/arm/c-hub breakage issues using SpeedMind wheels that were more dished and not flat, and allowed the axle nut to catch on boards and corners and leverage sever breakage to the extremities of the car.

Once I got rid of wheels that didn't shield the axle nuts, my problems were almost eliminated, but by then I was beaten and battered and gave up on carpet TCs.

FWIW.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.