Search

What makes up a racer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default What makes up a racer?

What exactly makes up a racer?

It is the fact that it uses hex screws?
Is it the fact that you usually buy it in kit form?
Is it the upgrades / hopups?
Is it because the manufacturer calls it a racer?

For instance, why is the D8 called a "racer" vs. say the Cen Matrix R2 RTR?

Thanks,
Old 09-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I may be wrong but I think it is call a racer because it will used by pros in races you do not see pro using RTR in a race very ofen. But I am not sure just my 2cents
Old 09-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Pretty much a marketing gimmick these day however, Racer (or Pro, etc) is usually used to differentiate an entry level kit from the "hoped up" kit from the same manufacturer.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

deep pockets always wins the game.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

a racer is fast
Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In the words of Smokey "SPEED IS MONEY HOW FAST YOU WANNA GO?"
Old 09-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

YOur buying a race bred design with high quality components. There is a difference in weight, down travel, etc. Thats what your paying for more so then material difference. Quality basicly.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Racing cost money no matter what anyone say. If you are going to race like some of us, you dont need the top of the line, but you do needs quality and its going to cost you. Tires different tires for different tracks, engines, a racer will probley go through at lease 2 engines in a season. A racer maintains their buggy or truggy, cleaning making sure parts dont bind, because you want you vehical to be in the best shape possible. A racer races. every week a racer is at the track practicing how to drive, learning lines and speed varations. learing how to control the buggy over that big jump. learning that speed/throttle is not the fastest way around the track, but staying on your wheels and between the pipes is. A Racer is one that learns everything they can from others and then passes on that knowledge. A racer is one that helps the newbie pit when he see that the newb do not havea pit man. or give a part to someone that needs to to make the main. A racer turn marshals when he suppose to.

RC cost to be competitive. I dont care if your running gas or electric or 1/8 or 10th. this hobby is expensive, you can find deals or say your brought a ebay special, but its not the same. The vehicles we run are made and designed for the abuse we put them through and have the support to keep you running.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
a racer is fast
Ok then count me out! I guess I would fall into the Track runner league....I hope to be a racer some day
Old 09-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Ok then count me out! I guess I would fall into the Track runner league....I hope to be a racer some day
jaz you will be were us pros are one day. but by that time the pros will be faster and you will still by playing the catching game.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The D8 is a racer because it has everything you need to win and it just plain works, the RTR Cen can be a racer but you will have to spend money. Cen does make Race kits though I actually ran their "race" truggy last year and did well with it, I did put some extra $ into it though. I will take my D8 any day, against any car. Caster also has RACE cars, and they win too.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
jaz you will be were us pros are one day. but by that time the pros will be faster and you will still by playing the catching game.
It dont matter to me..I love the whole experience that comes with a big race day..driving, pitting for people, hanging with my buds, wrenching and cleaning my stuff, there is nothing about it that I dont enjoy..If I remain slow for the rest of my life that's fine with me, I love it to much to ever give it up..Winning and trophies are just bonuses to an already great day
Old 09-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
It dont matter to me..I love the whole experience that comes with a big race day..driving, pitting for people, hanging with my buds, wrenching and cleaning my stuff, there is nothing about it that I dont enjoy..If I remain slow for the rest of my life that's fine with me, I love it to much to ever give it up..Winning and trophies are just bonuses to an already great day
haha im like the mid of the pack sportsman! but getting better. and ill run pro next year after this winter series.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:24 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I'm still waiting on Losi to release my signature model(s):

Losi 8ight/T 2.0 BE (Back-marker Edition)
Old 09-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

if it moves it can be raced. wanna race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.