Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eZRUN brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You mean your 50% ion EPA or your remote trigger? If your EPA was set to 140% then i would advise you to bring it down on to a 100. 140% on the trigger would cost your esc and motor lifetime to cut down. Yes it makes a difference of heat generated during full throttle since more combustion of punch is created from the throttle control. I only full throttle when i wanna pull away from my opponents and during long slides, other than that i only pull the trigger a little since im having a high torque FDR

Originally Posted by mezan
I only used 50% out of 140% of the motor power. Does this makes a difference of the heat generated during full throttle?

I only full throttle when I'm on a long curve.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akudou
You mean your 50% ion EPA or your remote trigger? If your EPA was set to 140% then i would advise you to bring it down on to a 100. 140% on the trigger would cost your esc and motor lifetime to cut down. Yes it makes a difference of heat generated during full throttle since more combustion of punch is created from the throttle control. I only full throttle when i wanna pull away from my opponents and during long slides, other than that i only pull the trigger a little since im having a high torque FDR
YES! The EPA I mean. I will try to see if there's any difference on the heat generated with heat sink installed. I need to change my heat sink fan too, since my current fan came with the heat sink seems to be no used.

Other settings that I could do to keep my motor temp down is? excluding timing, as mine is at 0 now. Is that advisable?
Old 12-15-2009, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

YES! The EPA I mean. I will try to see if there's any difference on the heat generated with heat sink installed. I need to change my heat sink fan too, since my current fan came with the heat sink seems to be no used.

Other settings that I could do to keep my motor temp down is? excluding timing, as mine is at 0 now. Is that advisable?
Lower your FDR a tad bit by lowering the pinion by a tooth or two... Don't lower it too much where you end up revving the motor all the time to go faster, excessive RPM can lead to heat also...

Does your chassis have a air pickup underneath the motor? If not, you can punch or cut some holes in the body and some holes out the rear to let air in...

Extrusions and fins as a heatsink for the motor is only effective if there is moving air. You can mount those fin with a fan on it for some forced air on the heatsink.

When fans are mounted on extrusion or fins, the direction of air should be towards the fins, you want the fan to blow into the fins, not pull air out of the fins.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Always give your EPA some space, thats why i keep mine to a 100 but i dont trigger it to the max unless im losing grip of my car when taking a corner too wide. When you get a fan for the heat sink, make sure its a strong one etc. 0.025v or was it 0.25v.. 0 timing is fine as you need accelaration of torque from your motor unless if you want it on high speed then you can play around with the timing.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Lower your FDR a tad bit by lowering the pinion by a tooth or two... Don't lower it too much where you end up revving the motor all the time to go faster, excessive RPM can lead to heat also...

Does your chassis have a air pickup underneath the motor? If not, you can punch or cut some holes in the body and some holes out the rear to let air in...

Extrusions and fins as a heatsink for the motor is only effective if there is moving air. You can mount those fin with a fan on it for some forced air on the heatsink.

When fans are mounted on extrusion or fins, the direction of air should be towards the fins, you want the fan to blow into the fins, not pull air out of the fins.
To lower down my FDR, I thought I had to increase my pinion tooth?
Yes. My chassis has it.
I will take note of the air direction and install correctly.

Originally Posted by Akudou
Always give your EPA some space, thats why i keep mine to a 100 but i dont trigger it to the max unless im losing grip of my car when taking a corner too wide. When you get a fan for the heat sink, make sure its a strong one etc. 0.025v or was it 0.25v.. 0 timing is fine as you need accelaration of torque from your motor unless if you want it on high speed then you can play around with the timing.
I will take note of the EPA settings. I'm still new to drifting, thus need to practice my controlling (throttle & steering).

As of the fan, I will be changing to Yeah Racing tornado fan or something better. The current ones doesn't feel a thing.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok guys.

I still have no success in lowering down my motor temperature.
Currently at 38/104.

Tried 29/104, 31/104, 35/104 with no success.

Any help here?
Old 12-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Ok guys.

I still have no success in lowering down my motor temperature.
Currently at 38/104.

Tried 29/104, 31/104, 35/104 with no success.

Any help here?
Sounds like you're over revving. The 9T comes with a 14mm(if I'm not wrong) rotor which is very torquey and loves heavier gearing. Try FDR of 4.5 +- a couple of pinions. Be sure to check temperature every minute when doing this.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

To lower down my FDR, I thought I had to increase my pinion tooth?
Oops, I meant to say "Lower your gearing by increasing the FDR..."

Old 12-19-2009, 04:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Sounds like you're over revving. The 9T comes with a 14mm(if I'm not wrong) rotor which is very torquey and loves heavier gearing. Try FDR of 4.5 +- a couple of pinions. Be sure to check temperature every minute when doing this.
So I assume I've to up my gearing to be ard 48/104 ?
Old 12-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by cheebs
anyone? i am not getting any anwser from hobbywing. i only got two test runs from it. it's going to cost me 30$ to ship it its 60$ to buy another ( don't think i will do that but i don't know yet most everyone else seems to be getting better results) advise please
still no anwser from hobbywing its like they don't wanna honor thier product. any advice here?
Old 12-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

So I assume I've to up my gearing to be ard 48/104 ?
Thereabout...
Old 12-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Thereabout...
I've change my heat sink fan to YR tornado fan. Everything seems better now with 31/104 gearing. Tried 38/104, motor gets hotter than 31/104.

Thanks everyone for the help!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

It's getting hot probably from your application, drifting right?

I've used the same gear ratio, roughly high 11s on my DF-03MS buggy, which had a 4600Kv (540-sized) Castle.

I replaced the motor in that buggy with the same gearing, but used the 9T (380 rotor 540 sized) Hobbywing, and it ran much cooler than the 4600Kv Castle...

It's odd that yours is heating up so bad... Did you check the bearing to make sure it's not seized up and that the motor is not fighting the bearing to spin?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default I have lot's of questions

Hi I'm newbie in EP Touring. I just bought the Ezrun 5.5T BL ESC 60A Combo.
My car is TA-05 4WD Belt Driven. I'm focusing more on Touring but I also drift just for fun and very seldom. My Pinion gear is 22T Spur gear 70T. My Battery is Nosram 3300mah NIMH but I'm changing to Li-po in a few weeks. My shell is HPI Nissan 350Z Greddy.

Just want to ask some questions:
1) What's FDR?
2) What's the formula to get the gear ratio? In tamiya manual its [(Spur/Pinion)x2.25] but I compare to others looks like their formula is different.
3) How to get internal gear ratio?
4) What's Total Gear Ratio & Final Gear Ratio? (Why is there so many types of gear ratio)
5) What's the suggested Temperature for my Motor, ESC, & Battery so I will know if i'm overheating my electronics.
6)What's the suggested gear ratio if I want to get the maximum speed from my Brushless System? (Please state Pinion & Spur gear Teeth No.)
7)What's the suggested Li-po battery & specs to use with my BL System?
8) If I want to change gear ratio is it important to change both pinion & spur gear or I can just always stick to 1 pinion/spur and just always change the other to adjust.

Please can someone answer all the items
Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hey guys Im running indoor, bout small/medium sized track. I have a 8.5t 60a ezrun combo and was going to run it in my sc-10. But I just bought a lazer too for indoor and was wondering if I should put the 8.5t in that or buy the 5.5t combo? If I put the 8.5t combo in the lazer what combo for the sc-10? 13.5? 9t? Will the 8.5t be fast enough in the lazer? I NEED HELP PLEASE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.