Old 10-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,
Anyone in Australia running this car?
Old 10-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

does anyone else have issues w/ the upper bumper brace coming out from under the front bulkhead? I've had this happen quite a bit recently when I run into something. I know, I know... don't run into anything. lol, that ain't gonna happen. I thought about just cutting off the part that slides up under the bulkhead? think there would be enough support if I did?
Old 10-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edonsohc
does anyone else have issues w/ the upper bumper brace coming out from under the front bulkhead? I've had this happen quite a bit recently when I run into something. I know, I know... don't run into anything. lol, that ain't gonna happen. I thought about just cutting off the part that slides up under the bulkhead? think there would be enough support if I did?
Not have had that problem, the thing I have is the bottom screws are too short so I took the short ones out of the top and bottom and put in longer flat heads that come out the top and lock it down with lock nuts.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by -R2-
Not have had that problem, the thing I have is the bottom screws are too short so I took the short ones out of the top and bottom and put in longer flat heads that come out the top and lock it down with lock nuts.
ya, had the same issue and that's what I did. that part is super strong now.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I did that long ago. 3 x 25mm no shank and a good work out for your wrist.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

are you referring to the 3rd front body mount? Mine used to come loose after ever race, even w/o hitting anything. It would just vibrate loose. Longer screw solved that issue.

on another note,
My darn diff is leaking again. I wouldn't care so much, except it makes a mess out of my car and gets oil all over the belts, etc ...
I have a race this Sunday, afterwhich I plan to take apart the diff (again) and look for slightly larger o-rings which will hopefully solve the issue? I've tried everything else, dried and green slimed, etc...
Old 11-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Hi,
Is anyone running a front diff setup if so what oils are you using up front?
Old 11-04-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Taffyjnr5
Hi,
Is anyone running a front diff setup if so what oils are you using up front?
I have tried a diff up front on the premise that the car will turn in harder off power. I didn't see much of an advantage on turn in and lost punch off the corners. The more I limited the diff action with thicker fluid the faster the lap times. Most carpet racers will putty up the front diff or use heavy weight fluid.

The fastest onroad nitro cars use one-ways up front for turn in diff action and spool action for acceleration. That car requires foam tires and ultimate traction surface.

If traction is very limited or your driving style consists of lotsa coasting a unlimited front diff may be useful.

There is a reason why most competition sedans come with a spool up front.

Our car comes with the best set up for carpet, a spool and dcj drive shafts. Those drive shafts are an option($50-$90) on most other comp sedans.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcwck
I have tried a diff up front on the premise that the car will turn in harder off power. I didn't see much of an advantage on turn in and lost punch off the corners. The more I limited the diff action with thicker fluid the faster the lap times. Most carpet racers will putty up the front diff or use heavy weight fluid.

The fastest onroad nitro cars use one-ways up front for turn in diff action and spool action for acceleration. That car requires foam tires and ultimate traction surface.

If traction is very limited or your driving style consists of lotsa coasting a unlimited front diff may be useful.

There is a reason why most competition sedans come with a spool up front.

Our car comes with the best set up for carpet, a spool and dcj drive shafts. Those drive shafts are an option($50-$90) on most other comp sedans.

Thanks for that, I will be running mostly on medium grip asphalt with rubber tyres........
Old 11-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Just tossing this out there, but if anyone knows of anyone looking for one. I have mine up for sale. thanks

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-ofna-h4e.html
Old 11-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Any of you guys know where I can get a custom aluminum chassis from?
Old 11-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Emaculant
Any of you guys know where I can get a custom aluminum chassis from?
I've been thinking about making one. what kind of thickness are u thinking? 2mm? I'll look into it more after Friday when I can tear the chassis off mine to use as a template and see what I can come up with.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

I've been thinking about making one. what kind of thickness are u thinking? 2mm? I'll look into it more after Friday when I can tear the chassis off mine to use as a template and see what I can come up with.
Sweet! 2mm is fine keep us posted.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Emaculant
Sweet! 2mm is fine keep us posted.
got the car tore down and the chassis stripped. I'm planning on getting all my measurements after work tonight. I've got to clamp the chassis down in the Bridgeport and measure the million holes. if all goes well, I will pick up some aluminum Friday and possibly start drilling this weekend.

I've made aluminum slash chassis' in the past, but this has lots more holes to drill. i'll let everyone know if it turns out.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

got the car tore down and the chassis stripped. I'm planning on getting all my measurements after work tonight. I've got to clamp the chassis down in the Bridgeport and measure the million holes. if all goes well, I will pick up some aluminum Friday and possibly start drilling this weekend.

I've made aluminum slash chassis' in the past, but this has lots more holes to drill. i'll let everyone know if it turns out.
Sweet! Post pics please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.