Search

2011 Onroad Nationals @ Chaplin Connecticut

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kendall
Hi Guys,

What shore tires should I bring for Sedan and 8th scale?

Based on what you are saying about the level of traction should I bring harder tires?

Just wondering. Thanks.
I normally qualify with 32/35 fronts(glued) with 37/40 rears depending on grip levels. Kenny has been doing an excellent job of keeping the grip level enjoyable and not out of control and traction rolling.

Most 1/8th guys run 32 front 35 rears or 35/35.

I would def. bring a bunch of harder stuff just in case.

Originally Posted by firecat
touring I run 37f 42r 1/8 32f 35r qual 35f 37 main some guys run 35/35 on 1/8 or 35f/40r for touring these basic tires should get u by jamie c. can give more input on 200mm and jamie g. for 1/8 hope this helps
After the run you had at the Nova Challenge you should be giving out tips, lol. Really was a great run!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

I know its only the begining of Aug but I have started counting the days.
After being at the Nova Rossi race, I am so looking forward to coming once again to a great track.
See you soon.
Greg Esser
Old 08-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Kimbrow
Ok, now we'll have to open a can of worms here...... Obviously, I would vote for 5 minutes because fuel conservation is an advantage to me. However, that aside, I would like to know why 7 minute qualifiers are a good idea? Here are my thoughts on why it is not a good idea....

It adds to an already lengthy race program - this is bad

It brings pitting into play for qualifying - since when did pitting become a part of the qualifying process in auto racing?? Remember, this is to just get a spot on the grid for the real racing! - this is bad

I am not against a change to the qualifying process, as the 5 minute qualifier has now become a chore to try and make fuel mileage on many tracks, but my thought is this.....

The point of qualifying is to take your best shot with your car to laydown a good run and seed yourself as high as possible..... just YOU and the CAR. If the qualifier is 7 minutes and you make a mistake 1 minute into the race, the other 6 minutes are now irrelevant! If you have a perfect run on the track for the whole 7 minutes, but your pit guy dropped the fuel bottle or your car when you came in, your perfect run is no more. (in the race, fueling is part of the game, but it shouldn't be in the qualifying process).
Wouldn't it make more sense to SHORTEN the qualifying runs to say, 3 minutes? Not only would this eliminate the fuel mileage issue, but it would also shorten the race program allowing for more practice, longer mains, or even an extra round or two of qualifying. Personally, I would rather have 8 rounds 3 minute qualifying chances, than 6 rounds of 7 minute chances...... and it would STILL take less time to complete!

I am not claiming to have the right answers, and I am all for making any kind of change that helps grow our hobby. I just don't see the point of 7 minute (or 10 minute for that matter) qualifiers
+1

I agree 100 percent. I have been knocked out of races from pit people putting their drivers car down in front of mine when I was coming out of the pits from a fuel stop. Pit crews do not have any reason to be in the equation of qualifying. My two cents. Thanks Mike Keely

Last edited by THE DOCTOR; 08-09-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
I normally qualify with 32/35 fronts(glued) with 37/40 rears depending on grip levels. Kenny has been doing an excellent job of keeping the grip level enjoyable and not out of control and traction rolling.

Most 1/8th guys run 32 front 35 rears or 35/35.

I would def. bring a bunch of harder stuff just in case.

After the run you had at the Nova Challenge you should be giving out tips, lol. Really was a great run!
thanks jamie hope to run good next weekend too seeu there!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Fuel for Nat"s

Will there be fuel for sale at the race ? If so what brand ? Do we need to reserve it ahead of time ?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CharlieJunkins
Will there be fuel for sale at the race ? If so what brand ? Do we need to reserve it ahead of time ?
!!!

Last edited by jrice; 08-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CharlieJunkins
Charlie I just shipped a pallet of fuel there. It is "Kosmic RC Fuel" and has been available track side there for months now. Racers have been really happy with the fuel. They have 16%, 20% and 25%.

DJ Apolaro
Old 08-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

What a bummer. I've been watching this thread and seeing the excitement build and we don't have a track here that can run 8th pan cars and our 10th nitro has vanished. We have a bunch of the 8th GT and we can't run them at a race like this. It sucks to be the unwanted step-child.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:48 PM
kmh
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spooky 1
What a bummer. I've been watching this thread and seeing the excitement build and we don't have a track here that can run 8th pan cars and our 10th nitro has vanished. We have a bunch of the 8th GT and we can't run them at a race like this. It sucks to be the unwanted step-child.
This is a very interesting point. This class has been growing over the past few years. Is there a national event for the GT class? It can happen, you just need a track to contact ROAR and request to host it. Hang in there!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

In Feb. , Steve Pond e-mailed me saying he would have the rules done in a month or two. It has now been six months and he has no intention of getting them in place this year. I hate seeing all these races I would love to go to just slip away.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MJSGas
Looking for a clarification....will tire saucing be allowed at the "Nats".?

Thank you,
Mark Sweeney
ROAR #9324
ur shittin' me right?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
In Feb. , Steve Pond e-mailed me saying he would have the rules done in a month or two. It has now been six months and he has no intention of getting them in place this year. I hate seeing all these races I would love to go to just slip away.
Gus, we probably should have been talking to the host track and see about setting up GT as an exhabition for this nationals. I was hoping as well, but may still make the event and run 1/8 open. Need to help pit for a fellow racer, as we have made the last 3 nationals. Kind of fun since we did the nationals for 1/8 2wd from '89 - '93.

Mark
Old 08-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is there some way to see the entry list?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Is there some way to see the entry list?
http://www.roarracing.com/national_r....php?raceid=19
Old 08-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
It's going to be the same as it was last year. There are no changes in any of the rules related to 1/8 on-road. A number of members had simply asked about running longer qualifiers related to this race, and I'm receptive to the feedback, but nothing is different for this event. Those are discussions for future consideration.
How does someone contact you by email?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.