Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello all,

I would plan to change the rear adjustable roll-bar instead the original one (2.2mm), anyone can explain the features of this parts?? Thank you.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mrclone
Anyone has parts wearing out fast at NT1?

How is the durability of the belts as compare to other cars?
My original stock pulleys for the front side and front mid pulleys did not last too long - the pin from the mid-shaft ate into the slot and by the end of 3 tanks they were rocking back and forth. A factory driver gave me a spare set (for nothing - thanks Mark G!) and I've done at least 6 more tanks since then without any problems. I think it was just the batch in my kit.

I've not raced the car in anger yet but so far no other pulley issues or belt issues. I will need to rebuild the shocks before I race it, they leaked a bit here and there over time.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kenre
Hello all,

I would plan to change the rear adjustable roll-bar instead the original one (2.2mm), anyone can explain the features of this parts?? Thank you.
The new NT1 rear blade type is like any other rear blade anti-roll bar system from other manufacturers ... instead of moving the link in and out on the stock one, you now just rotate the blades to adjust the stiffness of the anti-roll bars.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlanL
hi blacked out ,

billy happens to have an nt1 in stock your timing is impectable i know you believe in supporting the facility that provides us a bad a$$ track to run on.

i would be happy to help you with the new car any way i can.
at speedworld there is always plenty of help and you wont find a more laid back crowd.

you'll need a starter box (you can share my starter box to begin if you need to keep costs down ), engine , fuel , fuel bottle , glo starter , tires, the club provides a truer to use on both practice and race days , you already have a steering servo from the eletric tc , so you need a throttle servo , exhaust pipe .
make sure you order the hard option bumper before you run the nt1 , the boards at speedworld as you know are unforgiving , cvd's are a must also imho other than cvd's and the hard bumper the car will work fantastic out of the box , oh you'll need some softer springs than the kit silvers for speedworld .

i know i am forgetting something lol

cheers ,

Alan
i know, not to shabby lol

idk, prolly for my b day, which i could get money soon IDK so yeah

thanks for help! thats awsome!!!!

and cool, about how much to do all this? well over 1000, or? i mean, i just want something to race, i dont need a expensive as heck engine, nor can i really afford it

this kit doesnt even come with cvd's???? that kinda stinks.. and a bumper.. ok, and there not bad, my cyclone hasnt broken in a while from the boards, and i have taken myself out ALOT lol

thanks for the help!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
My NT1 has been put throught the paces. We run 20min mains at the club track and has been to 2 45min mains, and a 30 min mian, along with several days of practice. The car has over 3 gallons of fuel through it, about 6 hours of actual race time.................I replaced the belts at the 301 race for the main., took them back off and used the old belts till this weekend.
The belts are much better than the previous car I drove, that may be due to the driveline being so free and they don't have the stress.

my serpent belt is very hard to wear off but the teeth on the belt coming off one-by-one and sometimes in a row of 6~7. I am not sure of NT1 has the similar problem because the belt's price of our LHS is as much as twice of other brand.

But good to hear that you are happy with the car....
Old 07-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady

I will need to rebuild the shocks before I race it, they leaked a bit here and there over time.
my 710 is still with the old shock (not RCC shock) and NT1 is having the similar one. So is that mean to say NT1 still has the similar problem?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
@ rmdhawaii:
Stock foam bumper - 11.5g / 0.4oz
Optional hard foam bumper - 31g / 1.1oz

...but I put one on my car anyway .
Yesterday I changed the optional back to the stock foam bumper.

optional 29g
stock 6g

It´s ok to add some weight to the front, but 23g are too much. You will have inversely effect. Too much weight at the front, will increase understeer in corners.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thamjk
my 710 is still with the old shock (not RCC shock) and NT1 is having the similar one. So is that mean to say NT1 still has the similar problem?
My kit was apparently the very first received by the shop AFTER the few they received for magazines and sponsored drivers. I've not heard anyone else have the pulley or shock problems. Or its just that maybe I'm a rough driver - you know, after driving outlaw 5-ports a few years and then moving to 3-ports legal, I find that I can set my cars up just right for me to drive smooth most of the time but I can also usually get very aggressive with them.

The NT1 drives well out of the box and when I test drive cars I don't baby them around, I just drive them as if I'm trying to win a race on the first lap!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

My kit was apparently the very first received by the shop AFTER the few they received for magazines and sponsored drivers. I've not heard anyone else have the pulley or shock problems. Or its just that maybe I'm a rough driver - you know, after driving outlaw 5-ports a few years and then moving to 3-ports legal, I find that I can set my cars up just right for me to drive smooth most of the time but I can also usually get very aggressive with them.

The NT1 drives well out of the box and when I test drive cars I don't baby them around, I just drive them as if I'm trying to win a race on the first lap!
i like that style! me to!

and the nt1 holds up good?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
i like that style! me to!

and the nt1 holds up good?
I'd say reasonably well.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

I'd say reasonably well.
I guess thats the way to test the car.

And so what lag of the car that makes you feel its just resonably well and not very very well?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

I'd say reasonably well.
nice

well i want one... just need the cash........
Old 07-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Tech Champion

yep..no problemo..i have a big crash too,just the fron hub and knuckle got damaged,the shockers workin well til now..
Old 07-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MAVICXXX
yep..no problemo..i have a big crash too,just the fron hub and knuckle got damaged,the shockers workin well til now..
Hahahah.....is it worst than me...????
Old 07-13-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

I guess thats the way to test the car.

And so what lag of the car that makes you feel its just resonably well and not very very well?
I was referring to my particular kit ... taking into account the front pulleys and the shocks. Other than that its holding up very very well then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.