Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jelayne
Which version of the RRR did Chris T run with at the Nats?
I spoke with Chris T. The weekend before the Nats at Our state race. He told me he was gonna be running his Worlds Car. Which was A Evo WC.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
That is interesting about the front diffs, I have never actually tried one but everyone that I know of that has says its basically a big track thing. ft. meyers is an 8th scale track with big sweeping corners and high speed braking sections that are not in a straight line which would hurt a spool car. The worlds track was the exact same story, numerous corners that you would be trailing the brakes through a slight bend going into a corner.

http://www.fmrccc.com/
Thats about as backward as you are. This track is one of the toughest of its kind, your never full throttle and if the car is correct you never use the brakes... Front diff is use to help the car in and out of the corner. Since i have been there and you havent, how on earth can you talk about what again you dont even know...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm with Chris on this one.

Brian: Your description of Ft Myers is quite a bit off. I also disagree with the reasoning for using a front diff.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metheny
Thats about as backward as you are. This track is one of the toughest of its kind, your never full throttle and if the car is correct you never use the brakes... Front diff is use to help the car in and out of the corner. Since i have been there and you havent, how on earth can you talk about what again you dont even know...
+1 Chris I agree if you have not raced @ the Fort what would you know
See ya soon
Old 10-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

+2 ft myers is verry distinct the diff worked for me but i have been running the diff since the nats at texas it was good enough to qulify me ninth at the nats this year. but again i dislike the spool
Old 10-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rposey
Tommy was running the new EVO 2 and told me the car was really balanced. (A Litttle more than the standard EVO). -RPM Racing
Any chance to compare lap times on both these cars? Easier is not always faster, but I assume in this case it's not like that.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I know ft meyers and it's not exactly a small track with straight 180's, for everyone else, I included the link to their track to see the photos to compare with their own tracks because not everyone makes it around as much as we do. I hope to see you all at one of the forgass races soon.

Like I said as well, I have never run a diff so it is pure speculation on my part when I say that it would help under corner loaded braking since you don't really have straight braking sections there. I could see it helping on slight high speed steering as well. I'm glad you guys were able to set me straight that it is just better all around.

Enlighten us then Chris so we can learn from your experience, describe why a diff is so much better there if you never use the brakes? How can it be better than a spool at both entering and exiting? Usually you have to give up a bit of speed on corner entry to get more corner exit speed. A spool/oneway uses as much grip as you can get on throttle exit and only really suffers if you can't brake in a straight line and in sweepers like ft meyers.

From my electric days it seems like a one way would be a good option if you didn't have to brake at all since it frees up the car off power even more than a diff does but I've never done more than test a few laps with a oneway in a nitro car because the spool is always better for me (and was for electric too) so I have the most experience with it.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Good news for the Capricorn fans, they sent me an email last night about reduced prices on their site. That top deck with the NT1 tank is $100 now and a few bucks off on the brake disc too.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
I know ft meyers and it's not exactly a small track with straight 180's, for everyone else, I included the link to their track to see the photos to compare with their own tracks because not everyone makes it around as much as we do. I hope to see you all at one of the forgass races soon.

Like I said as well, I have never run a diff so it is pure speculation on my part when I say that it would help under corner loaded braking since you don't really have straight braking sections there. I could see it helping on slight high speed steering as well. I'm glad you guys were able to set me straight that it is just better all around.

Enlighten us then Chris so we can learn from your experience, describe why a diff is so much better there if you never use the brakes? How can it be better than a spool at both entering and exiting? Usually you have to give up a bit of speed on corner entry to get more corner exit speed. A spool/oneway uses as much grip as you can get on throttle exit and only really suffers if you can't brake in a straight line and in sweepers like ft meyers.

From my electric days it seems like a one way would be a good option if you didn't have to brake at all since it frees up the car off power even more than a diff does but I've never done more than test a few laps with a oneway in a nitro car because the spool is always better for me (and was for electric too) so I have the most experience with it.
ok brian its real simple show up at a big race and kick all our asses and we will try to beleive all this crap that you write about. I bet im not the only one that feels this way about you.... I dont really care about how much knowledge you think you can spit out. Dont talk about things you dont know unless you ready to get slap around on here.... I for one know about Ft myers and you havent a clue, go and turn some laps and then give you your 2 cents. How is that for ENLIGHTENMENT
Old 10-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

I don't know about brianhatesnitro, but I feel pretty freakin enlightened.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WARDO
I don't know about brianhatesnitro, but I feel pretty freakin enlightened.
lol
Old 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metheny
ok brian its real simple show up at a big race and kick all our asses and we will try to beleive all this crap that you write about. I bet im not the only one that feels this way about you.... I dont really care about how much knowledge you think you can spit out. Dont talk about things you dont know unless you ready to get slap around on here.... I for one know about Ft myers and you havent a clue, go and turn some laps and then give you your 2 cents. How is that for ENLIGHTENMENT
Ouch!!!!! That's gonna leave a mark! It's just a flesh wound!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default To Diff or not to Diff ...... That is the Question!

To everyone involved on this subject, hopefully I can shed a little bit of information. A one-way is used when maximum steering is needed with little or no braking power is needed. It also helps if the track is very smooth. A spool on the other hand can be used in almost all situations. Smooth, bumpy, or in between. A spool will really suffer under low grip situations. This is why most cars and drivers elected to use gear diffs in the front at the 2008 IFMAR Sedan Worlds. Ft. Myers was a low grip track until main day in my opinion. Gear diff's are used when more steering in needed than a spool, while retaining excellent braking power. I will not get into driving styles, preferences or any of the 1,000,000 off shoots this will start. I can only tell you some of the whys.

-Tommy
Old 10-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by UncleTex
To everyone involved on this subject, hopefully I can shed a little bit of information. A one-way is used when maximum steering is needed with little or no braking power is needed. It also helps if the track is very smooth. A spool on the other hand can be used in almost all situations. Smooth, bumpy, or in between. A spool will really suffer under low grip situations. This is why most cars and drivers elected to use gear diffs in the front at the 2008 IFMAR Sedan Worlds. Ft. Myers was a low grip track until main day in my opinion. Gear diff's are used when more steering in needed than a spool, while retaining excellent braking power. I will not get into driving styles, preferences or any of the 1,000,000 off shoots this will start. I can only tell you some of the whys.

-Tommy
Thank you Tommy for covering the diff topic, I've always wondered honestly. This is exactly what type of answer I was looking for since I don't actually own a diff for my car but I have the parts on order at this very moment.

Chris, you couldn't answer it and be constructive? So you just decide to flame me for trying to help since nobody else would cover it. The rest of you clowns jumping on board to flame me is just stupid, go out and get a beer.

Chris also, if I remember the last time I ran you. You only took TQ from me by 1 second in the last round of qualifying while I was testing 45 shore tires for the main and then I had a hard luck start in the main with no marshals that put me 3/4 of a lap down before the marshals even got to their positions (since SW series is so small the marshals had to start us and run) but if you remember at the 20 minute mark I was 3 seconds behind you but my hard luck story continued and I had an engine failure a few laps after pitting for some odd reason.

and if you only want to count big races that we have both been at I guess that would be 07 nats where you finished 2 seconds in front of me in the 15 minute 1/2 main so apparently you are quite a bit faster than me, there are plenty of people that are (17 that year) so I am ok with that. Looks like you finished higher in the 1/2 main again this year, nice job man you are getting faster. and Tommy D, losing two laps to the ever improving Chris Metheny is just sad considering you live there and the support you have but I know how hard 30 minute mains can be and I wasn't there to see it.

2009 nationals is just around the corner at a track that I don't think any of us have run at, can't wait to see you guys there. Maybe I can learn some more from you if not at some of the forgass races before hand since florida has the best racing in the country right now and everyone knows I like to travel (I'm in Vegas for a week right now actually)
Old 10-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

wait where are you getting your info i didn't lose two laps to chris he wasn't even in my finale. i finished fourth in my final do to a setup prob we had but thats my fault. i qualified ninth at the nats and to me, to make the top ten at the nationals is saying a lot.

Back to the diff subject i ran 100,000 in the front which i liked because it didn't have the high speed wobble under hard breaking. the reason i dont like the spool is it pushes under hard breaking hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.