Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

w/ NT1 fuel tank this is the only mod done to the car everything else is bone stock
Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
i use the rear titanium from 3racing.
i never had a problem with that too.
with everything else....

So what's the difference between the 3-racing and Kyosho? I tried the Kyosho lighweight 2-speed shaft and started blowing 2nd gear. But after going back to stock I am still blowing 2nd, so something is messed up..........
Old 05-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcsquish
So what's the difference between the 3-racing and Kyosho? I tried the Kyosho lighweight 2-speed shaft and started blowing 2nd gear. But after going back to stock I am still blowing 2nd, so something is messed up..........
Ya, something is diffently wrong! I haven't tried and hop-ups yet, so my car is still box stock. It's probaly something in your drive-train, something binding, a bearing gone bad, or possible your clutch/motor mounting. How often are you stripping gears?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blount
Ya, something is diffently wrong! I haven't tried and hop-ups yet, so my car is still box stock. It's probaly something in your drive-train, something binding, a bearing gone bad, or possible your clutch/motor mounting. How often are you stripping gears?
Chay, I'm pretty sure it's operator error. mcsquish just doesn't take car setup advice very well You can make him faster but he still would rather be a couple tenths a lap slower with his "more aggressive" setup.

P.S. If I forgot to mention it in Toledo, THANK YOU! for serving.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

can you post your gearing?if the bearings are ok (to the axle and to the clutch) maybe the mesh in the 2nd gear is a bit open.
also check if the screws in the rear plastic brace can screw with secure.
last but worse scenario the 2-speed axle or your crankshaft is bent.
i have seen that!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy who?
Chay, I'm pretty sure it's operator error. mcsquish just doesn't take car setup advice very well You can make him faster but he still would rather be a couple tenths a lap slower with his "more aggressive" setup.

P.S. If I forgot to mention it in Toledo, THANK YOU! for serving.
Ok, I understand! And thank you for your support.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blount
Ok, I understand! And thank you for your support.
I only talk about him like that because I know him well enough. He got married last weekend so I'm not sure why he even needs to worry about racing anymore..... it's not like she's going to let that continue. Right Scott?LOL

Chay, Good luck at 301!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Andy I can't hear you, speak up......... but boy I can feel the love... Don't you need to go fishing or something?
If I took your advice I might (doubtful) be faster than you and I'd hate to have to listen to that along with me catching you on the back straight..... and didn't last year you realy like the set-up I was running and you couldn't get your car to feel that good? We won't mention what happened after that as you got way faster than me....
For your information Andy, I'll be there on the 7th and 14th weather permitting.....I already have a day pass from the wife.

I've check/replaced the bearings, checked the 2 speed shaft, tried different engines, different gearing, different side braces (just went to a aluminum one but haven't tried it) changed rear bulkheads twice (just changed to a set I just bought in case of a bad batch), had Andy set gear mesh, checked for a tweaked chassis.
If it happens again, I do have an old rear end from my last car I am going to switch to. Now I just have to get moved into the wife's house and make my "man-cave" to start wrenching again.

Thanks for the advise, except Andy.....

Last edited by mcsquish; 05-29-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

the nt1 tank looks pretty nice.
301 guys how much toe out do you guys have? i have 1.5 i just want to compare. also how tight do you guys have your shock springs?
Old 05-30-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Andy I can't hear you, speak up......... but boy I can feel the love... Don't you need to go fishing or something?
If I took your advice I might (doubtful) be faster than you and I'd hate to have to listen to that along with me catching you on the back straight..... and didn't last year you realy like the set-up I was running and you couldn't get your car to feel that good? We won't mention what happened after that as you got way faster than me....
For your information Andy, I'll be there on the 7th and 14th weather permitting.....I already have a day pass from the wife.

I've check/replaced the bearings, checked the 2 speed shaft, tried different engines, different gearing, different side braces (just went to a aluminum one but haven't tried it) changed rear bulkheads twice (just changed to a set I just bought in case of a bad batch), had Andy set gear mesh, checked for a tweaked chassis.
If it happens again, I do have an old rear end from my last car I am going to switch to. Now I just have to get moved into the wife's house and make my "man-cave" to start wrenching again.

Thanks for the advise, except Andy.....

I had the same problem in the past, I had everything set up correctly even my mesh. The problem was solved with thread lock. You see my set up was great but what I did not notice was that the engine mounts would move after a few laps it was hard to tell because by hand the engine felt secured but I had put a mark on the mounts to the chassis and they did move.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Hi, just wanted to tell that after racing 1:8 GT's since last year I was finally able to get my VoneRRR on track for the 1st time, I run it with the Kyosho/Orion CRF engine (original model). It was a blast, my soon became my favourite! I was using the WCE kit setup with the exception of a 60K front diff and the car worked fantastic!! I'm gonna run this season this older model, next year Evo II WCE for sure. Cheers!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Just wanted to let everyone know that is attending the Capital Classic that if you need any help with your Kyosho that me and Vincent Jackson will be there to help with getting your car dialed in..

Brandon
Old 06-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THeGame
Just wanted to let everyone know that is attending the Capital Classic that if you need any help with your Kyosho that me and Vincent Jackson will be there to help with getting your car dialed in..

Brandon
that some BS i been needed some help but i call ure lazy bumm & did not answer my call
Old 06-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THeGame

Brandon
Hess,
What's good kid?
I know you are lovin the K car,
See you Wed. morning.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dg8one
that some BS i been needed some help but i call ure lazy bumm & did not answer my call
Maybe if you did a better job painting my bodys you would get more help....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.