Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
i believe he means if you use softer rear tire, it will wear out faster resulting in eventually smaller rear tires than front later in your run...

bigger front tire diameter than rear results in front wheel drive.
If the front tire is bigger, then the front tire is turning slower than the rear tire for every rpm. If that happens, wouldn't the rear tire be pushing on the front tire? Hence, rear wheel drive? Please explain.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
If the front tire is bigger, then the front tire is turning slower than the rear tire for every rpm. If that happens, wouldn't the rear tire be pushing on the front tire? Hence, rear wheel drive? Please explain.
There is no center differential, so the speed at which the front and rear axle rotate relative to another is fixed. Hence, when the front tires are larger than the rear tires, the front tires will try to travel a larger distance than the rear tires. The front tires are pulling, so front wheel drive.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by QuiXoTic_NL
There is no center differential, so the speed at which the front and rear axle rotate relative to another is fixed. Hence, when the front tires are larger than the rear tires, the front tires will try to travel a larger distance than the rear tires. The front tires are pulling, so front wheel drive.
This is what I love about this forum, with Dj, and this explanation, now I really can understand the reason about tires split, tire softeners, etc., sometimes is very difficult to do chances, if one can’t understand the principal behind it.
Thanks
RCPANAMA
Old 09-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QuiXoTic_NL
Okay, I see it now. Both front and rear tire turn at the same rpm regardless of its diameters. Since the front is bigger, the front travels more for every revolution than the rear does. So thats where you get the FWD.

Thanks.

My current setup is with a stiffer sway up front and 38shore front and rear at 60mm with no split in diam. I'm getting good turn in at the start of the turn and good traction exiting the turn. Shock and shock settings are still stock.

All credit goes to Sam at Kamikaze for helping me dial in this set-up. Nigel deserves credit too. He set-up my clutch.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks to Serpent America I wrote them an email about the tank and flyweights, giving them my mailing address and where I purchased the car. 3 days later they sent me the replacement parts. Awesome customer service and support. Great job Serpent America!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Talking Great 733!!!

Finally is arrived my Serpent 733...
Old 09-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn01
Thanks to Serpent America I wrote them an email about the tank and flyweights, giving them my mailing address and where I purchased the car. 3 days later they sent me the replacement parts. Awesome customer service and support. Great job Serpent America!
+1
Old 09-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile Serpent 733 Ceramic Bearings

Hey guys
We JUST released our Ceramic Ball Bearing kit for the Serpent 733. Check them out!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

i just got the exceed lipo and regulator and where do you mount the regulator ? , i saw it above the battery below the radio tray and on the tray also.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by howardns
i just got the exceed lipo and regulator and where do you mount the regulator ? , i saw it above the battery below the radio tray and on the tray also.

I have it, in top of the radio Tray, in the Pipe side, where the side belt is, I install it with double tape, clean the area and the bottom of the regulator very good with alcohol, and it is working ok.

RCPANAMA
Old 09-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcpanama
I have it, in top of the radio Tray, in the Pipe side, where the side belt is, I install it with double tape, clean the area and the bottom of the regulator very good with alcohol, and it is working ok.

RCPANAMA

I don t use a switch, only direct cable connection
Old 09-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default new diff housing v2?

hi guys, how do i tell the new diff housing from the old one? since they've got the same part number?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroWD
hi guys, how do i tell the new diff housing from the old one? since they've got the same part number?
usually it will say revised
Old 09-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default Some problem to build Serpent 733

Hi, I have different problem to assemble the new kit Serpent 733, for example:
- the front belt crawls with the ackerman;
- and the front geardiff don't move good...

Moreover the manual shows that there are 5mm of spacer-set caster to right up and 3mm of spacer-set caster to left up, this is correct???...
Old 09-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by and23
Hi, I have different problem to assemble the new kit Serpent 733, for example:
- the front belt crawls with the ackerman;
- and the front geardiff don't move good...

Moreover the manual shows that there are 5mm of spacer-set caster to right up and 3mm of spacer-set caster to left up, this is correct???...
firstly caster should be the same left and right. so set it evenly. what you end up with will be determinded by the track conditions.
the front belt does run on the steering , but it isnt a huge problem, relieve some plastic from where it is touching, this is what i did.
and lastly, the diffs will loosen up after running them for 10 or 15 mins.

hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.