Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

E.J. YGPM
Old 06-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ej,

I don't care how many times your car TQ's a big race.YOUR going DOWN in 2wd tomorrow.Time to buck up.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Has anny body problems with over steer with the allu hopups and the 2mm chassis?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

The car does have a lot of steering in any configuration, I do feel that the alloy bulkheads make the car a lot trickier to drive on medium to low grip - ie rubber tyres in general.

In an effort to smooth out the steering on mine I am running 2mm shims under the front suspension blocks (for a raised roll centre) and the 1.5 degree front-front block (which also apparently takes away some initial steering). This is with kit springs, full plastic bulkheads and the 2.5mm chassis.

Also you need to run the Yokomo shocks at around 63mm overall length to get proper rear droop, not enough rear droop will also cause oversteer, to get the shocks long either unscrew the ends and cover the exposed thread with a spacer, or cut down the triangle shaft guide in the shock itself.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

I changed my car back to the plastick bulkheads with the allu bulkheadcovers.
I have changed the rear to in to 2,5 instead of 3
1 of my bulkheads was broken so i had to change it.

With the plastic bulkheads the car is verry stable and a litle bit understeered but i can trow more withe the car.

I didn't excpect that the difrence was so big.
saterday when it's dry i'm going to test my car again.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Hello, i have the car a short time, i change to the TOP team, my first impression is very good, i have all alu parts installed and have a lot of steering, but the rear is very well planted.
If you have oversteer, don´t change the rear toe-in to 2.5, you need more toe.
You have identified, if your car have oversteer in or out of the curve, with gas or without it, how say "sosidge" you can tray to low the front pivot block angle, or you can move the carbon plate of steering to the front, to reduce the ackerman angle, can add spacers below camber link in bulkheads, ...
Or simply, if oversteer is out the curve with gas, is possible your rear diff not working properly or is more hard, need loose a litle.
I dont have installed the front post, and i use HB springs, gold front silver rear.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

With the plastic parts i use the 2,5 tou in.
With al the allu parts i use the 3 tou in.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
cannon, I've never heard of this problem? If this was the case, it must have been some time ago. The current graphite used is sourced from the same place most other manufacturers use. It's a company based here in the USA.
E.J. yes it did happen to the early versions - to my knowledge I have one of the earliest red kits (2006). I had the original 2mm and a 2.5mm chassis with the problem. The quality seemed to be a lot different to what my current 2.5mm chassis is (mid 2007). That's what cannon is referring to. I don't really think it is any different for any other car, I've split a couple of X-Ray chassis when I was running them so if you hit something hard enough...

I do have an aluminium "skid plate" bolted under the front corner of the chassis to protect and reinforce it. What I think has happened in the past is that the front bumper has slid upwards at impact exposing the edge of the chassis which has then taken the full impact and split open...
Old 06-16-2008, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

mikky32,

As per sosidge and luic, try a 1.5 degree block in the front, raise the front blocks and go back to the 3 degree block in the rear. Also make sure you check the basics like ride height and droop.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

I think i will do that.
I putted the same setup on it as i was using for the plastic bulkheads.
And i didn't test it before so it was not a good thing to do.

I have now the plastick bulkheads on it for sunday. next week i'm going to change it back to allu bulkheads and try some other setups.
3 months ago i used the allu bulkheads and i used an other setup. I'm going to try that setup with the 1,5 in front.

I removed the last screw under the motor mount. This worked verry wel.
I think that the biggest problem is the allu motormount holder. (the mount were the motor mount is mounted on). It is verry stif.
I'm going to change it and make it more flexeble.

I have seen some Xray FK04 and FK05 chassis that were split open.
Those things can happen.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
I think that the biggest problem is the allu motormount holder. (the mount were the motor mount is mounted on). It is verry stif.
Good observation - the lower motormount makes by far the biggest increase in chassis stiffness.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Last edited by JoeyE; 06-17-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Scythe on the podium again!

Congratulations to Niels Koenekoop from Holland and Mark Young from the UK for making the podium in 5 cell and 6 cell mod classes at the Much-More UK GP this weekend!

Well done to them and all the Scythe drivers at the race.

Old 06-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks VR01, i use 3º in rear, and 1.5 mm below front blocks, in front i use a 2.5º because, i need more fast steering.
This weekend i race with the car, new car and new track, and finish 2º in final A, and other TOP driver 1º, good results, for news cars, both.
I´m very happy with the car.
Here is my setup, for small, tecnical track and bumpy.
http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ntsetupas5.jpg

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by keithander
Congratulations to Niels Koenekoop from Holland and Mark Young from the UK for making the podium in 5 cell and 6 cell mod classes at the Much-More UK GP this weekend!

Well done to them and all the Scythe drivers at the race.

Congratulations Niels and Mark - perhaps one of these years I will actually be able to make the GP myself! And congratulations to all the Scythe racers at the meeting, hope you had a good one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.