Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tq23
does anyone here help me with this..has anyone here tried the .12 picco EDO and the reds M3T?they're both picco based..just wanna know wat difference Edoardo and Mario has done to these engines.thanks
Don't think the M3T is Picco based - as far as I know it is Sirio based. Talking under correction though
Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FaanP
Don't think the M3T is Picco based - as far as I know it is Sirio based. Talking under correction though
They used to be but now they have switched to Picco.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tq23
does anyone here help me with this..has anyone here tried the .12 picco EDO and the reds M3T?they're both picco based..just wanna know wat difference Edoardo and Mario has done to these engines.thanks
They are the same base engine. Mario does more hand tuning work with the reds. The EDO mods look to be done more by machine. Both have filled, un-balanced crankshafts. Same Piston/sleeves/heads.

The reds crank does not have the 2 upper turbo scoops.

They are different, and they run different. Both are good engines. Both the EDO, and the M3T respond well to my modifications. They go from pretty good, to insane.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
They are the same base engine. Mario does more hand tuning work with the reds. The EDO mods look to be done more by machine. Both have filled, un-balanced crankshafts. Same Piston/sleeves/heads.

The reds crank does not have the 2 upper turbo scoops.

They are different, and they run different. Both are good engines. Both the EDO, and the M3T respond well to my modifications. They go from pretty good, to insane.

I assume the Sonic engines are in the same class too?
Old 04-29-2012, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

hi some of the boys in AUS have had leaking fuel around base of carburetor on reds that is hard to stop is it just us or have some won else had same problems tried two rubber rings but it still leaks
greg
Old 04-29-2012, 02:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greg.dawn
hi some of the boys in AUS have had leaking fuel around base of carburetor on reds that is hard to stop is it just us or have some won else had same problems tried two rubber rings but it still leaks
greg
Greg I think you'll find that it is actually leaking from where the nipple screws into the carby nip this up or put a little sealer on it and your problem will go away, I had the same issue and it looked like the base of the carby.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Uriah , Well maybe its a stupid question but need to hear it from you , which engine its faster the RBM3 2012 FULL CERAMIC , or the New Murnan Modified KEEP ON .12 FULL CERAMIC ? im going to buy one but cant decide .
thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
Greg I think you'll find that it is actually leaking from where the nipple screws into the carby nip this up or put a little sealer on it and your problem will go away, I had the same issue and it looked like the base of the carby.
thanks for the info kickass, i think greg was talking about an engine that i have and your right it does look like it comes from the bottom of the carby

JT
Old 04-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by G87z
I assume the Sonic engines are in the same class too?
Most likely. I have yet to see the internals of a sonic engine though.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Adrean
Uriah , Well maybe its a stupid question but need to hear it from you , which engine its faster the RBM3 2012 FULL CERAMIC , or the New Murnan Modified KEEP ON .12 FULL CERAMIC ? im going to buy one but cant decide .
thanks
If you plan to race on small, or medium tracks the MM Keep On is the best engine. If you plan to race on large tracks the RBM3 is the best choice.

The RBM3 is the king of peak power, and rpm. So it has it's place on the larger tracks. The MM Keep On has tons of instant bottom, and hardcore midrange with decent top end.

I will have to leave which engine to choose up to you. Personally, I have the RBM3, and the MM Keep On .12 in my pit box.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by greg.dawn
greg
Did you determine where the leak is coming from?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Just ordered a +12 P/S/R combo to rebuild my trusty Nova. Hope to have it installed and broken in by time I go for my first race in 3 years in May down in Richmond.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
What kind of sealer do you use / recommend???
Old 05-01-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
If you plan to race on small, or medium tracks the MM Keep On is the best engine. If you plan to race on large tracks the RBM3 is the best choice.

The RBM3 is the king of peak power, and rpm. So it has it's place on the larger tracks. The MM Keep On has tons of instant bottom, and hardcore midrange with decent top end.

I will have to leave which engine to choose up to you. Personally, I have the RBM3, and the MM Keep On .12 in my pit box.
Hi Uriah,
How do you compare these 2 to your Reds and EDOs.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up M21 2nd in RCPro On-Road US NATS 1 Hour Final!

Special thanks to Uriah for sending me a missile!

It has been several years since I have run a Picco based Engine. Uriah's M21
Engine produced plenty of power and a ton of rip out of the corners with plenty
of straight away speed. The Bonus, it had good fuel mileage giving me an additional
lap after 5 minutes to insure that I would not run out.

I qualified 4th for the 1 hour final behind Scott Kimbrow, Ralph Burch & Jeremy Cupps.

I finished the 1 hour main in 2nd behind Scott Kimbrow. The engine performed flawlessly
throughout the weekends Qualifying & Final. Very Reliable with no issues!

Thanks again Uriah!

Brother T
Attached Thumbnails Murnan Modified Motors-2012-04-15-rc-pro-us-nats-2nd-003-1.jpg  

Last edited by T-BODZ Terry B.; 05-01-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Name Typo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.