Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Cool. Almost forgot, no rear bar, either.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

hey how has the mi3 or mi2ec qal. at the snowbirds dont know all the drivers so cant tell how the car is doing.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Great job to PW and Goetz at the Snowbirds.

So what big upcoming races will some of the Factory guys be attending and using the Mi3?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:30 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus
Great job to PW and Goetz at the Snowbirds.

So what big upcoming races will some of the Factory guys be attending and using the Mi3?
Goetz will start his testing with the new car this week and will be at Josh's track over the weekend. He will run the new car at the ROAR Nats in a few weeks.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default snowbirds

thanks nexus. we had a rough weekend in orlando, and none of it was gear related. i messed around with some different suspension components in order to try a super stiff arm/hub. i had more steering than i knew what to do with, but once i settled it down, my car was great. as was pw's mi3. he was short on rip, and i was short on talent (after setting the first round tq in stock ).

i'll have the mi3 through the carpet nationals, next month. the plan is to run it in 19t, and use my current ec for stock. but plans change . nonetheless, i'll have it on the track for the first time this saturday at cefx. after watching it all weekend, i can't wait to run it. it looked great, and pw did't have to do anything weird to make it work on foam tires.

i'll check in next week after i rail it in the sweeper a few times.

pw - thanks again for all the "help".
Old 02-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
thanks nexus. we had a rough weekend in orlando, and none of it was gear related. i messed around with some different suspension components in order to try a super stiff arm/hub. i had more steering than i knew what to do with, but once i settled it down, my car was great. as was pw's mi3. he was short on rip, and i was short on talent (after setting the first round tq in stock ).

i'll have the mi3 through the carpet nationals, next month. the plan is to run it in 19t, and use my current ec for stock. but plans change . nonetheless, i'll have it on the track for the first time this saturday at cefx. after watching it all weekend, i can't wait to run it. it looked great, and pw did't have to do anything weird to make it work on foam tires.

i'll check in next week after i rail it in the sweeper a few times.

pw - thanks again for all the "help".
'

Yo Chris,

It was great to finally meet you. Just like Strasnick said, you certainly are a "character". I look forward to racing with you again.

As for Pdub, thanks again for providing the replacement Keyence Rapida for me. I don't blame the speed control though, 19t wrecks are hard on equipment.

Thanks again. See you guys at the next race... where ever that will be for me.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

yeah dude. you were awesome this weekend. i couldn't shake that nasty case of the blowouts even for one round. perhaps i'll see you at horsham in the fairly near future....

- matt c. -
Old 02-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

on the mi2ec are the screws sold in the kit allways pretruding from the chassis or are they flush?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

On the 2mm rubber spec chassis, they do protrude just a little. The depth of the counter sink on the screw head is a little more than the thickness of the chassis. It's not a big deal. Just make sure when you're flattening the chassis on blocks or checking ride height, don't hit the screw heads.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

how do u de-tweek the chassis then?
you woulnt be able to because the screws are pretruding
Old 02-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

on the foam chassis doe the screws protrude?
im now thinking of not gettin the mi3 just yet and wait to see a report on it becauase iatm we have 1 or 2 drivers drving it and its there word im not saying ill never get it if it turns out to be amazing then yes i will but if not i might have saved a couple of hundred lol
what does everyone else have to say bout the new car
i mean i really want it but i dont know about it yet lol
if ya get me?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mattb
on the foam chassis doe the screws protrude?
im now thinking of not gettin the mi3 just yet and wait to see a report on it becauase iatm we have 1 or 2 drivers drving it and its there word im not saying ill never get it if it turns out to be amazing then yes i will but if not i might have saved a couple of hundred lol
what does everyone else have to say bout the new car
i mean i really want it but i dont know about it yet lol
if ya get me?
Mattb the car has not even been released yet. Those that have run it (just a few Schumacher guys) are excited about it. It looks great and seems to have everything it will need to be a fantastic race car. I think you could get an Mi3 with confidence that it will be fantastic.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

lol

i allready preordered it but had douts wen i was talking to my local racers as no1 i no round were i race will have 1
does anyone know if the screws are countersunk enough to de tweek properly?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattb
how do u de-tweek the chassis then?
you woulnt be able to because the screws are pretruding
When I flatten the chassis I use droop blocks directly under the bulkheads between the screws. I don't set it straight onto my pit board. That's how I'd do it even if the screws were flush. It's really not that big of a deal. Just make sure nothing is sitting on the screws when doing a setup.

People are always going to bad mouth every car that comes out. I don't care if it's a Schumacher, Xray, Tamiya, etc... someone will tell you it's a piece of junk and you shouldn't buy it. Like scott_g said, only team drivers had been able to drive it so far and they're all excited about it. It's one of the more innovative designs in a while and already has proved on the track that it's capable.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Adrian thanks for getting everything shipped out. Wow the newer shirts and sweatshirt look great. Appreciate that.

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.