Search
Like Tree840Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
If I'm not mistaken,didn't a stock CRC SE win the Cleveland race?
The CRC cars of newer generations (with slider pods) accept the CRC F1 pod plates and you add a set of 2.5mm to 3mm spacers to the front end and you have a rubber car.
Yes it was an SE but with those changes.
Several CRC prototypes also made that main I just missed with my CRC Gen-X, yes that was the original WGT chassis from CRC. All I did was add spacers to the pod plate and the front end.
The pod plates can be put on the older car but need top, bottom and the rear "X" brace (a entire pod).
Old 12-16-2015, 05:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
As for an cheap and works VERY well ESC with No booster try a Hobby Wing - Just Stock or JR10. I know they say two cell but you can run them without a booster. We have been running them for awhile both in road course and Oval(with NO booster).If you want a booster Hobby Wing has one also.
Ahh. I thought I had heard that they work on 1s but I couldn't find any proof. Thanks for confirming that...
Old 12-16-2015, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you are willing to part with a few more bucks for a LOT more ESC, the Hobbywing 2.1 is still available from a bunch of sellers on Ebay, Amazon, that sort of thing. It's no motor limit, comes with a flat and a finned changeable heat sink, fan, sensor cable, and other goodies. It's only downside is that though its low-profile, it has a big footprint, but its a great ESC for WGT because the cars have the space on the chassis to fit almost anything.

EDIT: I forgot to note that the HW 2.1 has a very good internal 1s to 6v booster, no need for a receiver pack or external booster.

Last edited by DesertRat; 12-16-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DesertRat
If you are willing to part with a few more bucks for a LOT more ESC, the Hobbywing 2.1 is still available from a bunch of sellers on Ebay, Amazon, that sort of thing. It's no motor limit, comes with a flat and a finned changeable heat sink, fan, sensor cable, and other goodies. It's only downside is that though its low-profile, it has a big footprint, but its a great ESC for WGT because the cars have the space on the chassis to fit almost anything.
I still love those ESC's. The guy that won WGTR in Cleveland was using one.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DesertRat

EDIT: I forgot to note that the HW 2.1 has a very good internal 1s to 6v booster, no need for a receiver pack or external booster.
This one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XERUN-120A-S...kAAOSw8-tWYqJD
Old 12-16-2015, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cosmo
This one?
That's the animal. They also came in black color casing.

I would pick up the LDC display programming box and that will set you back another $25-30 but comes with everything you need. It's not needed for club racing as there is a blinky setting in the ESC stock profile that you can change with the old hold-the-button-flashing-lights method, but ROAR rules say it needs the program referred to as the 508, which has no boosting settings and makes the light actually blink.

I'm making it sound more complex than it really is, Hobbywing has put some time into the user interface and it's all better explained by them. Still, no motor limit ESC with a fan, two heat sinks, programming box, and all that for under $100. I own three of these things.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

I do not believe that is a 1 cell version
Old 12-16-2015, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

If it's a 1s
It will say 1s
This is what used in my WGT also

Old 12-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

You're exactly right, I forgot that they made one that wasn't the 1S. The full name for the 1-2S:

XERUN-120A-1S-SD V2.1

As opposed to the 2-3S:

XERUN-120A-SD V2.1

It would specify. Thanks for catching that.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've been running this little guy from Trackstar in my WGT and it has been working great. It has all the features of any other ESC and is under $50.
I highly recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails World GT-R Rules and Discussion-46906.jpg  
Old 12-17-2015, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YoDog
I've been running this little guy from Trackstar in my WGT and it has been working great. It has all the features of any other ESC and is under $50.
I highly recommend it.
I have been using that one also. Internal booster is 6v. Only draw back is you do need the programmer to put it into "blinky" or to change any settings. There is no option to use the button for anything but turning it on/off of radio calibration. Also the programmers are a rare item right now.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

SMC also has a 1s ESC I have been running it in my WGT-R with no problems, it also needs programmer box. Cost is $107 with box. It has about every thing you will ever need. It has a small foot print also
Old 12-17-2015, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
I have been using that one also. Internal booster is 6v. Only draw back is you do need the programmer to put it into "blinky" or to change any settings. There is no option to use the button for anything but turning it on/off of radio calibration. Also the programmers are a rare item right now.
Yeah, since I bought 3 of the Gen2 speedos, I got the programmer as well. The PC interface is pretty nice too. It's more refined than I was expecting.
Old 12-17-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by old_dude
Yeah. I've noticed that. You can get the ESC from Hobbyking US but the program box only comes from the international.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Yeah. I've noticed that. You can get the ESC from Hobbyking US but the program box only comes from the international.
When I got mine it was from a US warehouse. I guess they are out of stock right now. At the rate they re-stock it could be months before they are available here again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.